Big Buddha kayfun-ish dual-coil RBA, original EHPro product - Looks pretty legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
Maybe you could help me out some with the wick in the Big Buddah. I've been using a single wick and for the first few days all is OK. Then I start to sense a difference in the vape quality and when I take the Buddah down the portion of the wick between the two coils is burnt out and I have to re-wick. From what I've read on the thread you went to two wicks. How did that work out for you?

I went to twin wick, but they are in series, Each heater are separated with stretchted wire so that they are above the air nozzles. I was using Ni200 for EVOLV 40. You could also use Kanthal wire. The total resistance would be the sum of each ohmic values. As a side note, I haven't had any luck with my Big Buddha. The sob leaks when least expected like a nose bleed.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Maybe you could help me out some with the wick in the Big Buddah. I've been using a single wick and for the first few days all is OK. Then I start to sense a difference in the vape quality and when I take the Buddah down the portion of the wick between the two coils is burnt out and I have to re-wick. From what I've read on the thread you went to two wicks. How did that work out for you?

I run dual wicks with the 2.2mm 28 ga coils mounted at an angle, so the each end of the coil faces a well. Drop one tail down to the far end of one well. Drop the other to the opposite far end of the other well, leaving the deck space open between them (so to speak).

Repeat for the other coil.

I hope that makes sense. I've had no trouble with dry hits or leaking with this method.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
I went to twin wick, but they are in series, Each heater are separated with stretchted wire so that they are above the air nozzles. I was using Ni200 for EVOLV 40. You could also use Kanthal wire. The total resistance would be the sum of each ohmic values. As a side note, I haven't had any luck with my Big Buddha. The sob leaks when least expected like a nose bleed.

I doubt your coils are actually in series. If you're using all four posts for your coils, they're in parallel and the total resistance would be 1/2 the resistance of 1 coil.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
As a side note, I haven't had any luck with my Big Buddha. The sob leaks when least expected like a nose bleed.

Do your wicks look like this:

0wN4ZaS.jpg

Also, never lay your Big Buddha on its side (or any Kayfun-style atty, for that matter). That's one of the major causes of leaking. Always leave it standing upright with both juice channels covered by liquid.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
I loosened my 510 pin on one of my Big Buddhas to make better contact with the battery. I started getting a lot of flooding and leaking. This lasted for a couple of days until I remembered that I had loosened the pin on that one. When I tightened it back up, all of the flooding and leaking went away. So, if you're getting flooding and leaking, definitely check to make sure that your 510 pin is tight.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I loosened my 510 pin on one of my Big Buddhas to make better contact with the battery. I started getting a lot of flooding and leaking. This lasted for a couple of days until I remembered that I had loosened the pin on that one. When I tightened it back up, all of the flooding and leaking went away. So, if you're getting flooding and leaking, definitely check to make sure that your 510 pin is tight.

:lol::D Sorry Papa, but this really made me chuckle, bet ya had the big duhhEpiphany at that Point. Yeah, just cause something unscrews, don't mean it's adjustable. :D Would need a shim or two to make it work.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
really like your middle wick Papa!! If I ever go horizontals on the Buddha, will keep that in mind. Very nice touch.

I have mine wicked this way, but I don't want to take credit for someone else's picture :) The original was posted by AMDTrucking in this thread on the Fogger V4.

:lol::D Sorry Papa, but this really made me chuckle, bet ya had the big duhhEpiphany at that Point. Yeah, just cause something unscrews, don't mean it's adjustable. :D Would need a shim or two to make it work.

Not the first time I had a "duh" moment, and it certainly won't be the last. Someone just mentioned that there's a green dot by your name if you're online, and I hadn't noticed it before. I've been here 4 months. Duh. :D

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
Do your wicks look like this:

0wN4ZaS.jpg

Also, never lay your Big Buddha on its side (or any Kayfun-style atty, for that matter). That's one of the major causes of leaking. Always leave it standing upright with both juice channels covered by liquid.

I have to agree and disagree with you on this papa in regards to laying them down on their sides. Both my kayfun lites are constantly on their sides while at work and have never had leaks.

That said I totally agree about the big Buddha. It pretty much has to stay upright or leaks constantly. It's just something I've found I need to get used to and IMO isn't a big deal.

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
I still want to open this thing up more for more airy draw and maybe a bigger ID coil with a lower resistance. I think this thing will be able to handle.

Anyone drill this out yet?

Easy as pie to drill out. The side holes are plenty large so you only need to drill out the deck.
Draws like a dripper now but is fully adjustable.
Yea I'm ordering another one!

Has anyone tried doing a build on their Buddha using the holes in the posts? Or only by wrapping the wire under the screw heads? I'm just wondering if there is another way of building this thing that may be better than the way I've been doing it. So far I really like the BB. It sits on top of my SMY 180 so it never has to lay down and leak.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Has anyone tried doing a build on their Buddha using the holes in the posts? Or only by wrapping the wire under the screw heads? I'm just wondering if there is another way of building this thing that may be better than the way I've been doing it. So far I really like the BB. It sits on top of my SMY 180 so it never has to lay down and leak.

I've built mine a couple of times now, and have never used the post holes. I wrap the leads around the screws once and tighten them down. IMO, using the post holes just adds unnecessary length and resistance in the leads, and complicates the process of mounting the coils.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
AMD, what mod is that 26650. I havent seen it so far. Very slick

It's a seven30 by pioneer4you,i have one and they are very nice.

I got my big buddha about a week ago,and so far not real impressed with it,but i think 99% of that is because of my wicking,and the other 1% is because of the airflow,so i'm glad to see people mention drilling out the air holes on the deck as making it better.Now i know it will work,so i think i will pull it apart today and get those holes opened up some,then do a more thorough wicking job so i can hopefully get this thing up to par with all the other great reviews i've read about it.Definitely a very nice well made attie,so i hope it's just my wicking that is holding it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread