Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
My friends on ECF, I got a pretty big announcement to make. And hopefully it will expand the use of the PV to more on YouTube.

For months I have been building my channel from the ground up. Since my last channel was canned last October, I vowed to come back bigger than ever. To use YouTube as a vehicle to promote the use of the PV. The untapped resource for possibally millions of potential views was just to sweet to pass up.

Unlike other PV reviews who use YouTube, I decided to switch gears a bit and NOT highlight the use of the PV in my videos, but do show the use of one in my videos. That in itself sparks constant "What is that thing Jim?" questions which is the question that leads to more and more discussions. I don't know if any of the people I pointed to the e-cig posts here, but from what I gathered, my choice of showing the PV to the world has been met with a good amount of success.

But tonight, that has changed. And in a big way. Tonight I received word from YouTube that my channel is now a YouTube PARTNER! I could not believe that when I heard my application was accepted. The number of new subscribers and views totally expands the potential audiance I now have to advocate for the PV in a way that is not obtrusive.

But this project that I undertook took months to complete (and why I have not been on the PV forums or chats lately, and have been neglecting the Moonport Productions Pressroom in recent months). I knew if I played my cards right, I could hit the top. It took time, and a lot of it. But it paid off in the end!

First off, I want to apologize to ECF for the past couple of videos that broke the rules. Now, as a Partner, I need to put the f-word to the curb and focus on entertaining content. I could use the channel as a full blown PV advocacy channel, but I find that people are more receptive if it is not shoved in their faces. Let them ask what that thing is. You would be very surprised how many people I converted over to the PV just making commentary (AKA RANT) videos that only show me using it in my opening and closing. I was amazed.

So, there you have it folks. My channel is now a Partner channel. The one step in the rung of a long ladder I will gladly step for vaporers and my friends.

Sorry Banzhaf, I got another one, .....! :evil:

(ps - I'd post my video about it here, but I dropped the *S* word once, and I already got infractions out the wazoo from the last 2. I'm not stretching my luck anymore)

Last edited:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Hey Jim.....good to hear! Wish you luck with it. Let us know how it goes!

Lu

You can bet I will. :)

And I can assure you, it will be will be cleaner. But dang man, I just want to put Banzhaf in his place. :D

But I'll behave and not use the F word (I can still use the alternate *F* word, can't I? Fun? ;))

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Great news BigJim---hope this doesn't mean you neglecting that grandson!!!

--------------------------------------------
Indiana or Georgia?? Act NOW!!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...live-indiana-georgia-act-now.html#post1685232
--------------------------------------------
Consider me your recycling center for njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 dead batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
OK someones going to have to clue me in....what exactly does it mean to make youtube partner??

Basically several things. Mainly you can brand your channel. If you go into my channel now you will see the new header at the top because I wanted to brand my "production" company. That was one of the main reasons I applied for partnership.

Second thing is partner channels tend to drag in a larger audiance and videos tend to get featured easier. Meaning vaping videos could very well end up on the front page of YouTube. As these videos are making YouTube money (if you ad revenue share it) they have a vested interest in seeing the view counts up. I know of several reviews other than myself who can apply and more than likely will be accepted into the partner program.

And third, partner channel owners tend to make more money than non partners with the ad revenue sharing. So potentially you could make enough money on a monthly basis to get that new kit or e-liquid to review with the money you make.

It's a good thing, because the potential of exposing more people to the PV is there, instead of preaching to the choir.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
God, just what did I inherate with this Partnership stuff? :facepalm:

Now the PMs come in "Please sub to me" and "sub for sub", and "box for box" spam. Dozens of these emails today alone, and I'm only on day 2.

It hasn't hit the channel comments yet, but I'm sure it will eventually.

But I suppose it is par for the course for partnership. I guess I will just adjust my email settings so I am not bombarded in Windows Mail when I download my new messages. So I won't need to :mail:

But on the upside, I have modified the "favorites" section (the box 4 box part) that includes many high ranking video reviewers. Maybe I can funnel some more subscribers their way.

So much work, so little time. :unsure:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Ohh, like Homer Simpson finding a doughnut on the floor, I found a little extra feature.

It's a "branding box" that I can put in any link/text I want. I have used it to point to "Other Places Of Interest" and I pointed the links to ECF, CASAA, ECA, Nu-Vaporers, Vapors Place, etc, in the box.

I'll keep digging to see what other nuggests I can find. ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
ECF is proof positive that having rules that require some modicum of civility and consideration toward others is preferred by MOST people. So despite the adversity of some, ECF will strive, thrive & survive, while the haters will ultimately wallow in their own demise.
Lu

Yup, fully agreed there. (from your sig)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Well, I made another video, but a couple of f-bombs still slipped out. And my dog once again starts to commit a sexual act on a pillow during production in the background. :facepalm: So, once again it is not suitable for streaming to ECF. But you can check my channel once it's uploaded (should be a couple of hours) and see the fun.

I did give a shout out to ECF, Vaporers Place, etc and where they can find the links to these sites.

The video is almost 17 minutes long, so break out the popcorn. :pop:

Everything played out so well you couldn't even script this sort of thing.

It is in the compiling stage now and should be up in a couple of hours.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
New video uploaded today. (A different one from above)

YouTube Video ID: l4luAJCo7Pk

I did not embed this here so as to keep the trolls over at VF from flagging it and getting me banned here. Sad that some "there" like to troll and ruin the PV community. Oh well. But I am back in the ranting action! :D

WARNING F-Bomb dropped a couple of times. Just so you know. :p

Just stop by my channel to watch it. Or use the video ID in the URL to get there directly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread