The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Big sale 2 days after my purchase

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by ohioguy, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ohioguy

ohioguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2008
    Madison, Indiana USA
    So on Sunday 6/30 I spent about $100 at an online vape store. On Tuesday 7/2 I receive an email promoting 17% off everything for a 4th of July sale. So I try to be positive and tell myself the supplier will probably throw a few freebie ejuice samples or something extra in the order. They did know the sale was coming.

When I get the order, no extra freebies. I was thinking about asking for a 5 or 10 dollar credit on my next order. Or should I just grin and bare it. What do you think?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Grin and bear it. After all, you knew (didn't you) that there was gonna be a July 4 sale... and a Christmas Sale in December... and another sale on another holiday... there are always sales on Holidays.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    That's just the way it works. You paid the normal price on a normal day of business. They did nothing wrong and, in all honesty, owe you nothing. This is just one of those "live and learn" moments.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Using that logic we should all get everything for free, since sales all come up all the time. I can't ask for my Christmas, New Year's Boxing day and etc. discounts whenever I feel like.

This is definitely a live and learn moment and most of us learn to wait for sales unless we really must have something right now though I get why you are frustrated, just put your frustration to good use next time.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Many stores have a policy for this. If the price of a product you just purchased, drops significantly within x days of your purchase, you get some store credit, sometimes even a refund. I think that is good practice. Gives the customer a feeling of not having been ripped off.

On the other hand, there are seasonal sales which everyone knows (or must know) are coming, and that the prices are going to drop during these days. To foresee that, is a customer-only responsibility, ESPECIALLY when those special sales are advertised by the store beforehand.

What happened to you, is rather firmly located in the 2nd realm, is it not?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    The story of my life, I go the route of grin and forget it route.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Been there, done that. I'll probably do it again. Sometimes I wait for the sales, sometimes I don't. Today I'll go to the local supermarket instead of driving a few more miles to Walmart and saving a few bucks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    IMO, the vendor was obligated to send you exactly what you ordered (nothing more and nothing less), at the price shown when you placed your order. If you got that...then grin and bear it. Just wait for the usual announcements of holiday sales next time around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's definitely a lesson I learned 3 months into my vape journey. You've only been at this since 2008 so just keep in mind next year that the 4rth of July always falls in July and on the fourth day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. ohioguy

ohioguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2008
    Madison, Indiana USA
    Ya, I guess I'll let it go. It just seems like a poor business practice. There are so many online stores competing for business. They packed my order knowing they were sending a sale add the very next day.

One of the items I ordered was a 30ml of there house brand eliquid. They could have easily tossed in an extra bottle and there cost is maybe 1 or 2 dollars, I would have been happy and not concerned about missing the sale. Just venting :evil:

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
  12. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Poor business practice? Sorry, but that's words from someone who obviously doesn't own a business. If I gave retroactive discounts for everything, my employees would all be unemployed....or at least working somewhere else. If only I had a nickel for every time I heard a version of "I want the early registration discount- I was busy so I missed the deadline." Or "yeah, I saw all the emails you were sending, but though you were just spamming me. So I don't wanna pay the late fee. I just get too many emails to pay attention to your reminders."

That said, asking them can't hurt. Worst they can do is do what I do for those that complain a lot, and flag you as a "problem account."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Actually it is good business practice. A business that gives things for free to every order a few days before a sale is going to loose money, and that isn't how a business keeps the lights on and the doors open. They had to pay something for everything they have, just like everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    When I worked retail, every stores policy was, if the customer could return it, then you could ring the discount through as such. Not sure how that would work here.

• Creative Creative x 2
  15. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    It can go the other way too.

I placed a $100 order today, having waited to see if the online vendor was going to have a 4th of July sale like they’ve had in the past. Unfortunately for me, the vendor did not have a site-wide 7/4 sale this year and, even worse, by the time I placed my order, two of the eliquids I wanted were out-of-stock in my preferred nic concentration (the eliquids were in stock when I loaded my cart pre-7/4).

So don’t feel too bad; there are risks either way. :)

At least the “fishing and yard work” mod I ordered (Aegis Solo) went down in price by $4 during the interim. :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.