Big Tobacco "come back here, I ain't done with you yet."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
For 40 years I contributed to an industry that kills 6 million people a year .
vaping has enabled me to stop funding that mass slaughter.
But Big tobacco is a devious tenacious profit hungry beast.
How can you be sure you are not still giving your hard earned coin to these companies.
Here is a list that will help you make a more informed choice.
who-owns-all-the-vaping-brands.jpg

Thru growing brand share and acquisitions expect the major tobacco brands to gain a stronger hold .
This no doubt will be followed by lobbying for more regulations. Multinationals love to use regulations as a means to squeeze out the small independent players.
Vape juice has the potential to be extremely lucrative for the tobacco companies, out performing the 20% margins currently enjoyed on the sale of cigarettes.
Like I said , they're not done with you yet .

As a side note . I'm a DIY NET vaper so I do line these guys pockets. In a limited way.

Attachments

• who-owns-all-the-vaping-brands.jpg
    who-owns-all-the-vaping-brands.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I don't have anything against big tobacco. I'm the one who ignored their warning labels .

I have mixed emotions about their participation in the vaping industry . They're probably the only ones who can afford to fund real innovation.... If they choose to do so . Also, the more involved they are, the harder it is for them to talk about how bad vaping is . Either way, I make my own juice, build my own mods and coils....I can't see them ever coming up with anything I actually need at this point .

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't loathe big tobacco very heartily but I thought it was useful information and thanks for posting it. I do think the days where big tobacco has nothing to do with vaping are long gone. I DIY, with byproducts from big tobacco, I wonder where you think we get our nicotine? I don't love big tobacco, but I dislike the government FAR more.

Anna

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Don't think they're interested in too much innovation. They want the minimal working cheaply made product that can deliver their juice according to regulations and then preferably only change the outer appearance ever so slightly after a year so people will buy the "new" one.

What the vape industry does would be a nightmare to them, new devices every few weeks, exchangeable atomizers, DIY flavors, refillable systems... that smells of competition and struggle.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Don't think they're interested in too much innovation. They want the minimal working cheaply made product that can deliver their juice according to regulations and then preferably only change the outer appearance ever so slightly after a year so people will buy the "new" one.

What the vape industry does would be a nightmare to them, new devices every few weeks, exchangeable atomizers, DIY flavors, refillable systems... that smells of competition and struggle.
Could be....but they're not stupid. If they decided to make a serious effort at being relevant in the industry, I'm sure they'd do some research to see what real vapers actually want . Big tobacco is an entity that could throw a few billion dollars in to be successful . The Marlboro Squonkers will be available in stab wood.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Kinda missing my point.
Am I? If you believe that Big Tobacco is evil due to the profits they earn from tobacco sales, then doesn't it follow that government even more evil due to earning far more from tobacco sales than the actual tobacco companies do?

Trying to get people to think about how they spend their vaping dollars.
I gave that careful consideration some years ago and mad a conscious decision to put myself in a position where I'd never have to pay one thin dime in such taxes ever again. Oh, and I've never bought a vape product from any company associated with BT either, but that's secondary. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The Marlboro Squonkers will be available in stab wood.
I don't think so. Did Philip Morris ever offer briar or meerschaum pipes?

Those of us who've become fine-mod aficionados are such a tiny number that we're not worth pursuing.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think the best thing big tobacco could offer vaping is their lobbyists. They’d make sure vaping does get banned and nicotine restricted. I got no problem with BT they offer a product I chose to use for decades. I knew it was bad for me and if it killed me I’d have myself to blame. As far as all the chemicals and garbage they added to cigs, it was
A little shady but I already knew I was killing myself slowly by using them so if they increased the speed of that I’m still to blame, I made a choice, it’s on me. I don’t blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread