Big Vap Hit- Opinions Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornbyrd

Feb 18, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm still new to vaping but through trial and error of a few models I've pretty much decided that what I want and need is power.

I'm not concerned about looks- honestly I pretty much a shut in so no one is gonna see me anyway- I'm looking for large vapour , extended battery would be nice but not a must.

From reviews I've noticed great comments on the screwdriver, tornado, volcano, silver bullet and the GG (which the AFS when it becomes available again would be a huge plus).

Are all of these 5v+? I can't seem to keep straight which ones are what volts but I figure I'm looking for at least 5v of tork.

Any information from current users of these models or experts would be greatly appreciated.

I've spent a significant amount already on units that I'm not entirely disasstisfied with but they just don't have the punch I'm wanting, and TBH I really can only afford 1 more purchase right now especially by the time you add in extra atty's, batteries and chargers.

I don't want to smoke analogs anymore- since vaping I find the taste of analogs gross but I need a larger vap and throat hit if I'm gonna be able to stick to it.

Thanks in advance

Thornbyrd

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
lots of great mods out there, i own quite a few of them. but if moola is a factor, consider making your own. i'm a true ..... and i've made plenty of them. first one take you maybe 30-45 minutes, and then down from there. check out madvapes.com for pretty much everything you need as well as how-to. and the madvapes subform and modders forum also have plenty of building info.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm still new to vaping but through trial and error of a few models I've pretty much decided that what I want and need is power.

I'm not concerned about looks- honestly I pretty much a shut in so no one is gonna see me anyway- I'm looking for large vapour , extended battery would be nice but not a must.

From reviews I've noticed great comments on the screwdriver, tornado, volcano, silver bullet and the GG (which the AFS when it becomes available again would be a huge plus).

Are all of these 5v+? I can't seem to keep straight which ones are what volts but I figure I'm looking for at least 5v of tork.

Any information from current users of these models or experts would be greatly appreciated.

I've spent a significant amount already on units that I'm not entirely disasstisfied with but they just don't have the punch I'm wanting, and TBH I really can only afford 1 more purchase right now especially by the time you add in extra atty's, batteries and chargers.

I don't want to smoke analogs anymore- since vaping I find the taste of analogs gross but I need a larger vap and throat hit if I'm gonna be able to stick to it.

Thanks in advance

Thornbyrd

Bartleby

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/43943-bartleby-pv-review.html

Watch the video, read the feedback on the thread - a few pages deep before the feedback starts. The 3.7Volts with the 14500 battery is much different than the 3.7V ecig batts - it holds peak voltage for hours and with a 510 atomizer you get max vapor. Going to 5volt you are likely to burn out 510 attys if you don't pay attention and the flavor can decrease with that much heat - stronger flavors can hold better but imo, the 3.7V 14500 and the 510 atty (Joye) is the sweet spot I was looking for. No attention on burning out attys or losing any flavor there. The charging cable can be plugged into a usb wall plug where you, if you're stationary, will always have peak voltage and again huge vapor.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
If you're home most of the time, as I am, a pass through is a great investment. I got the VP PT (sold at vaprlife.com and dietsmokes.com among other places) and it vapes at 5v when plugged into the wall plug. It gives great vapor and you never have to deal with batteries. there is a great video review of it on dietsmokes website. I also have a number of other mods for when I'm out and about. I currently use the VP2 and have 2 Adaptevers and am planning to buy more mods, not because I'm unhappy with any of them, but because I like all of them and like having a number of flavors available to pick up without having to switch attys or anything :).

Last edited:

nyghtmare

Feb 2, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
i have to agree with KentC ,the Bartleby is an awesome mod and i do believe the sweet spot.
i do believe that going to a high voltage mod is going to burn out Attys faster because your running them at a voltage they are not ment to handle for long periods
look at it like a light bulb say a flashlight 2 D size (3 Volt) gives you light for a long while and the bulb last for a long time hook up one more battery for 4.5 volts and yes you get more light for you also replace bulbs a lot more often.
you can get the Bartleby in high voltage also.
i used a battery passthru on my 510 and the stock batteries as well, but once i got my 3.7 bartleby it was a whole new vaping animal almost a whole new learning process
I get a better vape and TH with my same juices and they retain the flavor,truely a great mod to consider
Darrin

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i have to agree with KentC ,the Bartleby is an awesome mod and i do believe the sweet spot.
i do believe that going to a high voltage mod is going to burn out Attys faster because your running them at a voltage they are not ment to handle for long periods
look at it like a light bulb say a flashlight 2 D size (3 Volt) gives you light for a long while and the bulb last for a long time hook up one more battery for 4.5 volts and yes you get more light for you also replace bulbs a lot more often.
you can get the Bartleby in high voltage also.
i used a battery passthru on my 510 and the stock batteries as well, but once i got my 3.7 bartleby it was a whole new vaping animal almost a whole new learning process
I get a better vape and TH with my same juices and they retain the flavor,truely a great mod to consider
Darrin

You're right, Darrin, peak volts on the 3.7 14500 puts you into a whole new area. I remember early on people saying 'the screwdriver is only 3.7 volts just like an regular cig style.' Uhhh.... no. :)

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Any opinions on the Chuck- been checking this mod out as well and it seems very popular and well built?

? Where does one get buy the batteries from?
chuck is a great device, i run the 18650 3.7 3000mah in mine, lasts all day. the batteries came with mine, but you can also get them online (dealextreme for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread