Bigger Batt + Ego T = Burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
Hi all. I've had my Ego T set up for almost a month now and really like it. I decided to order 2 of the XL 900 mAH batteries for longer life.
I put one on the atty and freshly filled tank which I had been using all day with a standard batt. and it smelled and tasted like I had lit the wrong end of a cigarette! We all know how horrible that is!!

So, is the XL batt too big for the Ego tank or not? I tried putting the regular batt. back on that atty. and it still was "burnt". I went back to a regular batt, regular Ego T atty and the same tank and all is well.

I thought I might have dry burned it by accident, but there was a huge cloud of vapor. Help! I feel like I must have done something wrong, but I'm not sure what. :confused:

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
Voltage should be the same, just higher capacity, Ive got 2 standard batteries and a 900 mah, and notice no difference in taste, vapor, only that the 900 mah lasts longer.
Do both of your XL batts give you harsh burn? If its just one, maybe its defective, and putting out higher voltage.
Did you prime the atty before you took that first vape?

I had been using it all day. All I did was swap the batteries and refill the tank, so it was already well primed.
No. I haven't tried the other batt. yet. I guess I should do that.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
I have tried the second 900 batt. and it works the same on either atty.
I think I have isolated the issue to the fact that the newer atty simply doesn't wick very well. I'm almost a chain vaper in the evening. If I lay it down for a few minutes, either batt or atty will respond well.
I blow out the attys about every 2 days usually. I know I'm going to have to give the first one a "good" cleaning soon.
So, apparently, all the equipment is functioning properly with the exception of the wicking issue on the one atty.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread