Bill to ease FDA's e-cigarette restrictions introduced by 'Vaping Congressman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Duncan Hunter's bill (HR 2194) at
Text - H.R.2194 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Cigarette Smoking Reduction and Electronic Vapor Alternatives Act of 2017
would amend the 2009 Family Smoking Prevention and tobacco Control Act to:

- Exclude vapor products from being defined or regulated by FDA as tobacco products,

- Authorize and require FDA to reasonably and responsibly regulate e-liquids and personal electronic vaporizers,

- Require e-liquids to comply with AEMSA standards STANDARDS | AEMSA,

- Require personal electronic vaporizers to comply with electronic and battery standards,

- Require serial numbers on, and tracking of, all e-liquid and electronic vaporizers,

- Require all e-liquid and electronic vapor product manufacturers to certify to FDA that their vapor products are in compliance with new FDA standards,

- Authorize FDA to impose penalties and ban products not in compliance with standards,

- Ban the sale of personal electronic vaporizers and e-liquids to anyone under 18 years,

- Authorize FDA to ban the advertising and promotion of vapor products to minors,

- Preempt states from enacting/enforcing any law regarding the manufacture, warning requirements, marketing, distribution, or sale of vaporizers or e-liquid that is different,

- Change name of FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products to FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products and Tobacco Harm Reduction, and require FDA to support harm reduction, and

- Require FDA to comprehensively assess and rank different types of tobacco and nicotine products based upon their comparative disease risks, and to recommend harm reduction strategies to Congress.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
yefUmytzRgilOto-800x450-noPad.jpg

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Remember the those in-school movies we use to see about how things will be in the 21st century? How cars would fly, how trains would travel on magnetic rails, how we would colonize other planets, etc... IMO, vaping should be hailed as evolutionary. Hydrogen technology is a reality, but it's being kept buried to protect the petroleum burning industry. Clean burning fuel, from water! The only output emission from burning hydrogen is water vapor. Sound familiar? Oil is the lifeblood of the world economy, and that's fine. Personally, I would rather pay the same for hydrogen and have cleaner air. This exactly how I feel about cigarettes vs vaping.

Capitalism vs Corporatism.
EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Explaining the Difference Between Capitalism and Corporatism to Michael Moore

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
People that don't believe in ANY conspiracy theories are misled...
Most of the world is a conspiracy theory on every level...

Parents often conspire "against" their children as to how to "govern" them.
(Just one simple and small example that all can understand)

Backroom deals and conspiracy are the lifeblood of human endeavor.
Always has been and always will be.

What we do about it is the problem.
And the answer might be that there isn't anything we CAN do.

Checks and balances were supposed to be the key in our current form of government.
Hence the rise of the "fourth branch of government" to avoid that little problem.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Remember the those in-school movies we use to see about how things will be in the 21st century? How cars would fly, how trains would travel on magnetic rails, how we would colonize other planets, etc... IMO, vaping should be hailed as evolutionary. Hydrogen technology is a reality, but it's being kept buried to protect the petroleum burning industry. Clean burning fuel, from water! The only output emission from burning hydrogen is water vapor. Sound familiar? Oil is the lifeblood of the world economy, and that's fine. Personally, I would rather pay the same for hydrogen and have cleaner air. This exactly how I feel about cigarettes vs vaping.

Capitalism vs Corporatism.
EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Explaining the Difference Between Capitalism and Corporatism to Michael Moore
Misread your post. Carry on lol.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Politics is intrinsically a conspiracy. But since this isn't the Outside, I'll stop there.
What's this outside I keep reading about Rossum lol. Outside of this forum? Does it need to remain a safe space? :rolleyes: One where we can talk about vaping and restrictions but we darned well better not point the fingers at someone's favorite politicians or besmirch their Big Brother knows best Utopian worldview? We can whine but can't point out that our freedom to vape is being threatened by control freak leftists Democrats and corporate owned Republicans? The emporer wears no clothes here on this forum. There - said it. ;)

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
What's this outside I keep reading about Rossum lol. Outside of this forum? Does it need to remain a safe space? :rolleyes: One where we can talk about vaping and restrictions but we darned well better not point the fingers at someone's favorite politicians or besmirch their Big Brother knows best Utopian worldview? We can whine but can't point out that our freedom to vape is being threatened by control freak leftists Democrats and corporate owned Republicans? The emporer wears no clothes here on this forum. There - said it. ;)

The outside subforum on here is what he's talking about. It's not a safe space by any means.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Can I bring my cuddle blankie with me there? :D

Sure and make sure you have a clean corner to curl up in when it gets dicey [emoji23]. There are a few in there that live to attack others for pretty much anything. If you join in you'll quickly learn who those are as they add minimal substance to the topics and derail virtually every thread into a pissing contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread