Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
first, i wanna thank doug for creating something so unique and amazing. what ive done shy's in comparison to the beautiful craftsmanship provided by mr dino. there was a ton of f-bombs, hair pulling, and constantly asking myself what the mo-th-er-f--k i was doing. once i started i felt there was no turning back...

i stuffed a dna20 inside my rat-black billet box, still waiting on batteries from china (hobbyking shipping is SOOO SLLLOOOW) so im testing it out with an old 600mah 20c battery i had laying around from an rc helicopter. im hoping to get 1300mahs in there once china delivers. i had to fabricate doors out of 3mm abs since i lack the tools/knowledge and skills to make it from metal.

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

i feel a great deal of sorrow to deface such a beauty...but the modder in me had to know if i could do it.

i hope this doesnt offend. wanna thank Bestillsoicanshootyou for giving me the guts to even try.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
i was too distraught and horrified at the thought of what i was doing, and frankly didnt wanna remember this if it didnt work out. ill take some pictures of the battery side once i get the new ones in the mail. i left as much of the billet box intact as i could. i didnt change the battery side except removing the battery contact pieces. the chip-bay is where all the grinding and gutting took place.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
wanted to do a little re-config of the charge board and buttons, so i took it all apart and took pictures this time. hope i can get it back together :)

case gutted and carved up, took quite a bit of metal out of the chip bay:
bbcase.jpg

dna wired (too much wire, gonna shorten the lengths)
board.jpg

added 2x 3amp fuses to the positive battery lead, have a piece of copper that i folded and made springy and soldered to atty negative pad on dna that touches an exposed part of the case. wanted to use the body as atty ground. removed original dna button and soldered a dome button directly to the board, modded the original bb actuator to accommodate (to the left of the dna chip):
button.jpg

fabricated plates:
plates.jpg

gonna make more room for batteries by moving the charger up top with the buttons, gonna have to shift the buttons over i guess.

Last edited:

mikeulon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
first, i wanna thank doug for creating something so unique and amazing. what ive done shy's in comparison to the beautiful craftsmanship provided by mr dino. there was a ton of f-bombs, hair pulling, and constantly asking myself what the mo-th-er-f--k i was doing. once i started i felt there was no turning back...

i stuffed a dna20 inside my rat-black billet box, still waiting on batteries from china (hobbyking shipping is SOOO SLLLOOOW) so im testing it out with an old 600mah 20c battery i had laying around from an rc helicopter. im hoping to get 1300mahs in there once china delivers. i had to fabricate doors out of 3mm abs since i lack the tools/knowledge and skills to make it from metal.

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

i feel a great deal of sorrow to deface such a beauty...but the modder in me had to know if i could do it.

i hope this doesnt offend. wanna thank Bestillsoicanshootyou for giving me the guts to even try.

Hey bud you have to clear some of your messages. Your inbox is full

mikeulon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720876.358547.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720896.683368.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720905.970671.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720913.808031.jpg
Hope these pics help someone who is thinking of outfitting their bb. This one IS a clone I got for the sole purpose of hacking it up. And there WAS hacking and grinding and a few other things lol I didn't have the balls to mod either one of my authentic bb. One last thing...it was worth every swearing second!!!!

I hope they come factory one day hint hint

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
awesome job guys, mike is that a lipo pack you have in there? any info on what fits there? I did a dna in my BB too but so far I'm still using the 16490 sized batteries. I decided to try and stick the screen on the side of the BB so it's visible with the door on, was a really tight fit and a real contortionist act to get the screen in there straight, I actually broke the screen off on the first dna20 I tried to get in there so I had to fall back on a dna30. heres what it looks like with the screen on the side of the mod. I also made a matching brass button for it, the pearl button was kinda cool but between the brass and black and pearl it just had too much going on, the brass button ties in well for all brass and black look

20141016_005923_zps6eb5bbc5.jpg

20141016_010117_zps39c9933c.jpg

20141016_010102_zpsf21b5aa1.jpg

I also modded it to take a kayfun mini inside the tank after getting frustrated with the diver which I really didn't like at all

20141018_124130_zps285f78a8.jpg

20141019_143624_zpsb90ca08c.jpg

20141019_144305_zpsd3fce68b.jpg

20141019_000925_zpsee9523fd.jpg

Reactions: crazelee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread