Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
The Billow has airflow grub screws on the bottom of the atomoizer. These were backed out to be flush with the bottom before attaching the atomizer to my Stingray mod. The stingray has grooves on the atomizer-side of the top cap, ie: the top cap is not a flat plane. I think that one of the airflow grub screws on the Billow has backed out just slightly and so now when I try to unscrew the atomizer, I get minuscule movement before it stops and I hear a 'click' sound. I think that this 'click' is the sound of one of the grub screws on the Billow hitting the inside of one of the grooves on the stingray top cap.

For now, I have been re-filling the Billow from the top and just leaving it on the Stingray. The stingray is a good size for the Billow, because the Billow is tall and the Stingray is short, making the overall size somewhat normal. But, not being able to remove the Billow does make filling more complicated. It also makes it harder to clean the contacts on the mod. At least the Stingray is a clone, so I always have the solution of using a dremel to slice apart the stingray top cap and I won't feel horribly guilty. I may end up doing this, but wanted to see if any other vapers here have any better ideas or possibly a way that I can access those grub screws without having access to the bottom of the atty.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well thanks for the suggestions. I have tried a number of things, but I don't think this is coming off. I actually just broke the glass on my last attempt. Damn. At least I can get replacement glass for it. It is an inexpensive atty, so I am now thinking about just leaving it on that old stingray. The stingray wouldn't get use otherwise anyway. The Billow doesn't need a copper mod, since it doesn't really have the airflow for super low resistance builds anyway. The Billow does work wonderfully though. It hasn't leaked and it has flavor like an RDA. I am now thinking about getting a second one along with a better single-tube short mod that doesn't have grooves in the top cap.... possibly a SMPL since everyone seems to think they are so great.

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Well thanks for the suggestions. I have tried a number of things, but I don't think this is coming off. I actually just broke the glass on my last attempt. Damn. At least I can get replacement glass for it. It is an inexpensive atty, so I am now thinking about just leaving it on that old stingray. The stingray wouldn't get use otherwise anyway. The Billow doesn't need a copper mod, since it doesn't really have the airflow for super low resistance builds anyway. The Billow does work wonderfully though. It hasn't leaked and it has flavor like an RDA. I am now thinking about getting a second one along with a better single-tube short mod that doesn't have grooves in the top cap.... possibly a SMPL since everyone seems to think they are so great.
I have a glas mod and it has got a flat top + a magnetic button and incredibly smooth lock ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread