• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bit of a Newbie here.. What is your preferred E-Cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

May 23, 2009
Bracknell, Berks
Hello,

A colleague of mine recently brought in an e-cig off of ebay (£23 inc. p&p)to work and when i had a toke on it i cudnt believe how realistic it felt and tasted compared to my marlboro lights. Upon further research i also found out that you could also get flavoured juice and as I Aam a bit of a shisha fan i dont think i can lose turning to e-cigs instead of analogs.

I have had a look around especially e-cig-reviews.com which is a great site by the way but I still cant make my mind up. I'm looking for something like the karyt but with a longer batterylife. I also really like the idea of the titan ppc and the screw lid cartridges and size of the DSE084.

What i would like to know is your preferred e-cig?

Thanks,

Si

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Welcome to UKES and ECF, Simon. Hope you enjoy the forums. tell us which bit of Blighty yr living in! :)

I have mainly penstyles - RN 4072 for bigger carts to vape Low or Zero and DSE 901 minis for spikes of High mainly fruit flavoured liquid. I like the fact that the penstyle can live on a lanyard and be used on and off while I'm busy or driving. Lots of folk are looking for longer battery life with GG, SD or other mods. I'm v interested in the Prodigy, USA designed by CaSHMeRe and out next month - see Smokester!'s site Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome
You'll find a huge variety of e-cigs and liquids - vapers are just as varied in their tastes.

Happy Hunting and Happy Vaping!

Best

C.

PS couple of useful threads:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...2-new-updated-comprehensive-intro-vaping.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion-newbies-pics-most-common-models-here.html

Last edited:
I had seen the e-cig on the news here in Florida. I knew right away I wanted it. Then I fount this forum. After reading it seems as if people encouraged newbies to buy the 901 So I did. I felt like I was missing the throat hit so got back on here and read some more. Thats when I found out about my Joye 501. There is no comparison as far as I'm concerned. The size is so much easier to get use to and the throat hit and vapor is incredible. My biggest problem that I am finding now is getting the right flavor ejuice. I am at the point where I'm going to diy with my own lorannoils. I think this is the only reason I have not stopped analogs totally because of the flavor.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Well, dunno Simon - I think a penstyle may produce more vapor. but lots of folk think the 901 gives more flavour. 901's are certainly popular starters.

You'll have to plump for summat - like we all did!
Then prolly you'll have a try of something different!! It's not like having one brand of fags and smoking the exact same thing every day for years on end. You can vary your nic levels and flavours all the time.

Best

C.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I have the Penstyle, 901, Evo and Pilot. I also use the Penstyle and 901 with a USB passthrough at my computer, and without the passthrough elsewhere.

I'd say that the Penstyle gives the most and thickest vapour without a doubt, but that the 901 gives a better flavour and perhaps more throat hit if it matters to you.

I can't say which one is my favourite but I veer towards the Penstyle although I wish it gave stronger flavour. It has a nice thick inhale of vapour too.

The Evo and Pilot (M401) are now identical really and all parts are interchangeable. Initially, the Evo's atomisers were different to the Pilot's, and gave the strongest throat hit but was a bit hard to draw on. Then they changed the atomiser bridge and it seems to be the same as the Pilot one now. The Pilot gives out a bit more vapour than the older style Evo atomiser and a bit less throat hit.

The Pilot is an absolute beauty to look at though! Especially if you have the brass atomisers. And the matte black feels very smooth and sexy in your hand. Flavour and vapour aren't bad on the Pilot, but I find the draw to often have a feel of sucking in "dusty" air and it's beginning to irritate me a lot nowadays - and I bought a whole load of batteries as spares during the phase we thought we'd need to stockpile! 8-o

Now, if they could blend all the best features of each of those models into one, it would be the perfect e-cig! ;)

I started off with the Gamucci Micro way back in October and it was a total DISASTER... died on me totally within 2 days. But - it did prove to me that e-cigs might be a possibility and I got the Evo first in the New Year and then got the 901 a couple of weeks later, followed by the Penstyle a couple of weeks later and then the Pilot.

I did try the Titan (501, Dura-C) but had a horrible experience with it and won't be getting another one. Lots of other people say it's the best e-cig there is but some say the flavour is weaker?

I haven't tried, and somehow don't see myself trying, things like the Screw Driver and Janty Stick, they look so strange and big and I still feel I need something that remotely looks like a real cigarette :D. As it is, I already feel I look like a junkie with the passthrough :lol: but, hey, nobody sees me!

Despite the differences between them, I find I tend to use one model for each level of nic, same as Caesarea does (hey, great minds think alike!). I also have loads of atomisers for different flavours so that they don't get too mixed up. Obviously, doing it this way has meant an initially very expensive outlay, but I haven't yet lost an atomiser and only had 1 or 2 batteries die on me so far - since early January. Not bad going but then I've got about 8 e-cigs on the go each day with lots of atties :p

Well, that's my take on it, if it helps at all. Sorry for the ramble!

Simon

May 23, 2009
Bracknell, Berks
Well i've gone and done it. I went for a DSE 901 in the end and bought a spare atomiser to go with it. mainly due to the fact that there are so many spares available and the fuller flavour has sold it for me really. goin to try the five free carts then buy some more and some juice. the problem is now what flavour to try first? lol. i'm thinking apple as this is my favourite on the shisha.

Thanks for the help guys/girls. Really appreciate it!! Will let you know how i get on..

Simon

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I went for a DSE 901 in the end and bought a spare atomiser to go with it.
If I were a supplier my starter kit would comprise 2 of the standard starter kits and a bottle of juice. (Course, I'd get no business cos peeps would say I'm too expensive :( ) However, I'd be confident that newbies would have all they need to keep them vaping, come almost anything what may :confused: Well, you know what I mean ;)

I always tell newbies to buy the above - I don't think any of them have taken any notice of me.

scylla

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
The Pilot is an absolute beauty to look at though! Especially if you have the brass atomisers. And the matte black feels very smooth and sexy in your hand. Flavour and vapour aren't bad on the Pilot, but I find the draw to often have a feel of sucking in "dusty" air and it's beginning to irritate me a lot nowadays
For the sake of anybody who read the above bit and maybe got put off by it, I've just discovered a good-enough "fix" for it :).

I had been using either the filling that came with it or the polyester wadding/batting that comes in a roll. I tried the teabag method some time ago and it didn't work for me at all. I had some Fluval but didn't think to use it with the EVO/Pilot as the wadding didn't work and also as the Fluval is slightly different being sort of flat and a touch thicker. Well, out of desperation I tried it last night and it's made enough of a difference for me to keep using it - and I was about to pack it all up and sell the entire lot, used and new parts. Still has a bit of that "airy" feel to it and doesn't have the lovely smooth draw of the penstyle though ;) but that's part and parcel of the differences between e-cig models.

I didn't think there could be much difference between the wadding and the Fluval, but obviously there is!

Simon

May 23, 2009
Bracknell, Berks
Well, what can i say. i have been vaping for 2 days now and i absolutely love it. There is no way i am going to go back to the analogs and I havent even tried any flavoured juice. I must admit i did go a bit mental the first few hours i had it and felt really light headed for a while like when you have your first cigarette. possible nicotine OD? i dont know but I felt strange for about 20 mins but have been fine since then. I have finished my first cart now though which was the 18mg and have changed to the low 11mg and to be honest i think i prefer it.

I bought my e-cig from totallywicked as i liked the platinum finish and was extremely pleased with the packaging/presentation/information supplied compared to my friends. They seem to be a top company and would definately recommend them to anyone.

The only problem now is i would like to know the cheapest way to try some different flavours as i cant afford to spend £15-20 per bottle of e-liquid incase i dont like it.

How hard is it to make your own juice?
Any companys offer Tester packs?
Have you any recommended flavours?

p.s Thanks for all the info you have provided me with so far as it has been very useful and i greatly appreciate it.

Si

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well, what can i say. i have been vaping for 2 days now and i absolutely love it. There is no way i am going to go back to the analogs and I havent even tried any flavoured juice. I must admit i did go a bit mental the first few hours i had it and felt really light headed for a while like when you have your first cigarette. possible nicotine OD? i dont know but I felt strange for about 20 mins but have been fine since then. I have finished my first cart now though which was the 18mg and have changed to the low 11mg and to be honest i think i prefer it.

I bought my e-cig from totallywicked as i liked the platinum finish and was extremely pleased with the packaging/presentation/information supplied compared to my friends. They seem to be a top company and would definately recommend them to anyone.

The only problem now is i would like to know the cheapest way to try some different flavours as i cant afford to spend £15-20 per bottle of e-liquid incase i dont like it.

p.s Thanks for all the info you have provided me with so far as it has been very useful and i greatly appreciate it.

Si

Hi Simon,

Look out for a gentleman on this forum called Freddo - v nice liquid v cheap, and he's doing small bottles at present!:thumb:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK

Si

Hi Si,

Nice to see you're enjoying yourself. :)

Have a look in the discussions below the threads in the UK forum. There are some bits there about E-Liquid.

Best

C.

I'm a noob as well, having only had my PV for about a week and a half. Like you, I can't afford to go buying loads of different flavours, but so far I'm loving the Lemon flavour from TECC and the Cola flavoured one from e-cigs.co.uk

Still can't believe how easily I've swapped from analogs onto the PV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread