Bit out of the RDA scene, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So i havent really paid attention to the rda scene lately and need to replace my TM24 pro. the 810 adapter shredded the o-rings and now wont stay in. im looking for a dual coil, 810 compatible, individual screw, non-postless, squonk ready design. i realize that is pretty picky, but im not really happy with the clamp styles i have had and REALLY hate my postless rda. i tried the nudge 24 cause it was on sale, but not liking the fight to get it wicked for my coils. if there are any that are leak resistant that would be a major bonus, as my nudge leaks before i have compressed the bottle very much at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: Train2

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
I don't use a lot of big air RDA's but I have and enjoy the Drop. The coils sit very high up so borderline for squonking IMO, but maybe it would be good if the juice can drain back out.

Side air that seems to shine at higher wattages, giving that flavor rain on your palate. Overdripped it has a tendency to get a bit juicy.

GL

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Maybe a Goon?
I like the original, actually...I like the 22mm original.
But they're good, leak-resistant, dual coilers. May need to source a squonk pin separately, I think it depends where you find it.

upload_2018-10-15_12-18-44.png

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
My favorite is the same as Mr. Relentless.

Even though the Bonza has a set of clamps, it is a clamp for one leg and really easy to work with. It squonks great, easy to build, has very good flavor, and has plenty of airflow adjustment.

I have used quite a few others in the same class like the Drop, and some higher end atties like Vape Breed and the Underground 24, and still prefer the Bonza when I want a dual coil atty.

:2c:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Maybe a Goon?
I like the original, actually...I like the 22mm original.
But they're good, leak-resistant, dual coilers. May need to source a squonk pin separately, I think it depends where you find it.

View attachment 773607
You can get squonk pins for the Goons from fasttech. Those pins also work in some other RDAs.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
The Reload X is a good RDA. I would just get the clone though. I have an authentic and bought a clone to compare the 2. I couldn't tell the difference other than the price.
Personally I would just never get a clone of anything excepting only if I couldn't afford a decent authentic and that meant I had to smoke cigarettes. I don't trust the metal alloy that each part of a clone is made of coming in contact with the juice I'm about to push into my lungs, as they might contain traces of Cadmium and whatnot, and the manufacturers of clones are parasitic companies that thrive off of all the hard work that someone else has put into designing the authentic so it isn't worth taking the potential risk with toxicants in the potentially inferior quality Chinese metal cloned vessels and if everyone bought the clones instead of the authentics, designers of new vaping products that bring me great pleasure would soon be starving to death and so I do not recommend clones, as they only help to ultimately destroy pleasure.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoggy

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Personally I would just never get a clone of anything excepting only if I couldn't afford a decent authentic and that meant I had to smoke cigarettes. I don't trust the metal alloy that each part of a clone is made of coming in contact with the juice I'm about to push into my lungs, as they might contain traces of Cadmium and whatnot, and the manufacturers of clones are parasitic companies that thrive off of all the hard work that someone else has put into designing the authentic so it isn't worth taking the potential risk with toxicants in the potentially inferior quality Chinese metal cloned vessels and if everyone bought the clones instead of the authentics, designers of new vaping products that bring me great pleasure would soon be starving to death and so I do not recommend clones, as they only help to ultimately destroy pleasure.

A lot of the places that make clones are the same factories that make authentic RDAs for companies as well /:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
A lot of the places that make clones are the same factories that make authentic RDAs for companies as well /:
I agree. Most authentics are Chinese made anyway, so the whole "inferior Chinese metal" thing made me kind of giggle. The bulk of the products made for vaping is Chinese made using the same materials for authentics and clones.

Sure, clones can be seen as evil and damaging to certain parts of the industry, but it isn't going to stop. They do it with a whole lot of products for a long time now, not just vaping products, and nobody could stop it yet.

A lot of the companies it actually hurts typically will sell small quantities to a small market for highly inflated prices anyway. They still have plenty of purists that will bend over backwards and jump through hoops to get them and they will still sell plenty, and usually still sell all that they would have normally sold since the clones tend to come out a decent amount of time after the initial release. But with clones, the guys that wouldn't normally buy the authentic, or cant afford to pay for an authentic or dont want to "X1" on Facebook and pray they get picked or the unlucky folks that don't get picked, they can actually have the ability to get the same thing for a reasonable price and not have to worry about any of the hoops and social media crap. So clones do fill a gap that does need filled (if it didn't need filled, they wouldn't sell so well).

Now I will say that I don't think it's right for the cloners to copy a company logo. That is crossing a line. They could easily slap something else on there or even better, just leave it blank. But other than that, I don't see it as that bad of a thing, I have not actually heard of any companies going belly up from it yet (though I can't keep track of them all so let me know if I am wrong here), I have only heard a lot of complaining.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
I agree. Most authentics are Chinese made anyway, so the whole "inferior Chinese metal" thing made me kind of giggle. The bulk of the products made for vaping is Chinese made using the same materials for authentics and clones.

Sure, clones can be seen as evil and damaging to certain parts of the industry, but it isn't going to stop. They do it with a whole lot of products for a long time now, not just vaping products, and nobody could stop it yet.

A lot of the companies it actually hurts typically will sell small quantities to a small market for highly inflated prices anyway. They still have plenty of purists that will bend over backwards and jump through hoops to get them and they will still sell plenty, and usually still sell all that they would have normally sold since the clones tend to come out a decent amount of time after the initial release. But with clones, the guys that wouldn't normally buy the authentic, or cant afford to pay for an authentic or dont want to "X1" on Facebook and pray they get picked or the unlucky folks that don't get picked, they can actually have the ability to get the same thing for a reasonable price and not have to worry about any of the hoops and social media crap. So clones do fill a gap that does need filled (if it didn't need filled, they wouldn't sell so well).

Now I will say that I don't think it's right for the cloners to copy a company logo. That is crossing a line. They could easily slap something else on there or even better, just leave it blank. But other than that, I don't see it as that bad of a thing, I have not actually heard of any companies going belly up from it yet (though I can't keep track of them all so let me know if I am wrong here), I have only heard a lot of complaining.

I agree 100%, I think a majority of people bash them simply because thats the general feeling. But all they are doingnis filling a market that otherwise wouldnt be their without them anyway. And so they copy companies that are selling atomizers for an extremely inflated price. Most devices that are cloned are so limited in runs and hard to get. I saw a NarCa selling for 500$ the otherday, people shouldnt be exploited like this just over a tiny machined hollow peice of metal. I think clones almost keep these inflated rrps in check on limited run atomizers, because if someone has a highly desired atomizer and their werent clones they could be charging 10k, 20k, 30k for it and if someone wanted bad enough theyd have to pay. Whereas if their are clones out their, people know they can only reasonabley get away with charging so much before no one will buy it. Just my opinion.

Also i feel alot of the negativitey comes from "elitest" types. That may be mad they see someone with the same atomizer they paid 200$ and this person got it for 10$ and their identical. Which is understandable, but not the reason you should be mad at someone. Not everyone has the money to spend 200$ on an atomizer theyve never tried. If someone has the money and wants to support a company thats their choice, but you shouldnt look down or hate someone because they arent wealthy enough to spend money on things like that. Sorry its late, and im kinda spitballing this.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hoggy

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Many clones aren't even a 1:1 copy of the authentic despite some people on the internet keep claiming that they are. I suspect a lot of those people get paid by a manufacturer of another authentic product that is in direct competition with the authentic product in question, but anyway, if you can't see that clones from Kindbright aren't actual 1:1 copies like some would have you believe, then here's an example video specifically for those people who CAN see a few things.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I agree 100%, I think a majority of people bash them simply because thats the general feeling. But all they are doingnis filling a market that otherwise wouldnt be their without them anyway. And so they copy companies that are selling atomizers for an extremely inflated price. Most devices that are cloned are so limited in runs and hard to get. I saw a NarCa selling for 500$ the otherday, people shouldnt be exploited like this just over a tiny machined hollow peice of metal. I think clones almost keep these inflated rrps in check on limited run atomizers, because if someone has a highly desired atomizer and their werent clones they could be charging 10k, 20k, 30k for it and if someone wanted bad enough theyd have to pay. Whereas if their are clones out their, people know they can only reasonabley get away with charging so much before no one will buy it. Just my opinion.

Also i feel alot of the negativitey comes from "elitest" types. That may be mad they see someone with the same atomizer they paid 200$ and this person got it for 10$ and their identical. Which is understandable, but not the reason you should be mad at someone. Not everyone has the money to spend 200$ on an atomizer theyve never tried. If someone has the money and wants to support a company thats their choice, but you shouldnt look down or hate someone because they arent wealthy enough to spend money on things like that. Sorry its late, and im kinda spitballing this.
The blind misleading the blind, made me kind of giggle. Just sayin'...

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
The blind misleading the blind, made me kind of giggle. Just sayin'...
O:

You can find 1:1 clones, but not for everything. For every 1:1 clone that their is their are 5 or 10 sloppy ones.

In the end its kind of just the nature of the beast when you make something "high end". It wouldnt surprise me if the same company that makes the high end product also commissions the clones. Thatd be the smart play. Maximized profits from the hype and demand.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
O:

You can find 1:1 clones, but not for everything. For every 1:1 clone that their is their are 5 or 10 sloppy ones.

In the end its kind of just the nature of the beast when you make something "high end". It wouldnt surprise me if the same company that makes the high end product also commissions the clones. Thatd be the smart play. Maximized profits from the hype and demand.
How does the fact you can find 1:1 clones prove that the clone version of the Reload X is a 1:1 clone? Because as a matter of true fact, the clone version of it from Kindbright is clearly NOT a 1:1 clone so there you go already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread