The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Black and mild flavor

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by bingo6104, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bingo6104

bingo6104 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    NC
    I have been searching for the best DIY B&M flavor. I have seen some mention Black and mile and plus by fruit express. What all have you all tried and liked and where from? I found a few threads but not many mentioned how carries it.

2. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  3. mrcoolbp

mrcoolbp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just got the Hangsen RY1 in and I'd say it's definitely along the "Black and Mild" lines, it's also widely known as being awesome. Highly recommend it.

4. Rin13

Rin13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    I concur with VZ Black Cigar. It's very good. IDK that I'd say it tastes like B&M's perse, because it has a distinct chocolate note, whereas (from what I remember) the actual cigar has more of a vanilla flavor... but still good nonetheless.
    DIY Flavorshack has a premade one called Black Jack which people seem to like.

5. bingo6104

Aug 15, 2013
    NC
    Yeah I was thinking about the B&M plus or the vz black. I might try vz and get the other when it is in. I was sure if any others out there besides those 2.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

6. Rin13

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    That's the other one I was trying to think of... The Black and Mild plus... I couldn't remember the name. Who makes that?

7. bingo6104

Aug 15, 2013
    NC
    So is it different then all of the other RY4 flavors i.e TFA?

Ecig express.. they are out of mile and plus

8. Rin13

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    RY1 tastes nothing like B&M, IMO unless you mean that it's widely liked as B&M is.
    I also don't see anything special about RY1... Unless it's because I got it from VZ and the other versions are better, I just don't see the hype.

9. mrcoolbp

mrcoolbp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Are we talking about Hangsen RY1? I got mine from RTS and I think it is similar, though admittedly I haven't had a Black and Mild in a while. It's a really nice tobacco flavor with a hint of vanilla for me. My palette also sucks so there's that.

10. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    I'm starting to think the hangsen ry1, tab blended, and ry4 might all be too mild to suit my old burnt out taste buds. I haven't tried any of the VZ concentrates yet, but I'm thinking they're going to be next on my list.

11. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    USA
    RY1 definitely doesn't taste like a black n mild to me, although I do enjoy it. I have the ECX version and I agree with JD in that it is a bit mild. The popular 3% doesn't do it for me, so I upped it to 5% in a recent batch but have to let it steep a bit.

Try VZ SC's Black Cigar and add some vanillin to it. That was actually an idea I had a week ago but the funds aren't allowing me to try that out.

12. JayTater

JayTater Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    Whatever you do, don't even try the Dekang B&M. It tastes closer to dog food and hog snot.

13. bingo6104

Aug 15, 2013
    NC
    Lol tell us how you really feel. I got a great laugh from that!

14. Rin13

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    Ewww. I've heard not so good things about Dekang and for a while I had them confused with Hangsen

15. bingo6104

Aug 15, 2013
    NC
    Yeah I made the mistake and got a 50ml bottle of desert ship. Its awful.. thank goodness I make my own and can make it vapable now

16. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Hopefully that 5 percent will work for you. I took some out to 8 percent and I thought it was going to come around but it actually started developing an off note after steeping over a week. I finally just mixing my hangsen stuff with other flavors such as tfa american red and I'm having much better luck.

I definitely what to try the VZ SC's Black Cigar with some added vanillin. Sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.