Black copper stingray clone not firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
So I've had a "black" (stripped off weeks after I got it) copper stingray clone for a while now... Cleaned it the other day & superglued (being careful not to get any in the 510 / threads) the steel cap on the topcap back on (it fell off), and now it's not firing. All the parts are still there (including the rice pin), and when I screw my atty down I can see it moving the 510 pin so I know it's making connection... Tried it with a few rda's and different batteries, taken it apart and put it back together at least half a dozen times, still won't fire. Any suggestions? :(

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Try soaking the top cap in nail polish remover and remove all traces of superglue. If that doesn't remove all traces of it, toss it in the trash.

Why would the superglue mess with the connection, tho? The only part that's superglued is the steel cap onto the copper topcap that houses the 510 connection... The RDA should be making positive contact through the pin, and negative contact through the threads no problem :O

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
The RDA should be making positive contact through the pin, and negative contact through the threads no problem :O

Yes, but sacrificing all that valuable electrically conductive real estate and forcing all the current through those threads is gonna heat that connection and accelerate oxidation. Did it gradually fail after you glued it, or did it never work again?

Use an ohm meter to check the condition of that top cap and see if it's ~ 0 ohms from the inner thread (510) to the outer thread. If it's jumping all over the place, it's probably oxidized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread