Black Honey Cream by Strix Elixirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Honey Cream

Summertime! Lazy, sunny days and higher temperatures sees an increase in the number of times you see your friendly, local ice cream man circling through your neighborhood. In fact, the US consumes, per capita, approximately 5.5 gallons of ice cream per year.

Per year! That’s a lot of ice cream when you stop to think about it. And, when you think about the fact that your average vanilla ice cream contains 145 per 4oz serving, that works out to FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED FORTY CALORIES A YEAR PER PERSON!

In the more health conscience society we’ve become, that’s an insane amount of added calories when you’re trying to lose weight. And that doesn’t even begin to calculate what happens when you start adding things to the ice cream, like ripe fresh blackberries.

So what are you to do?

I choose to vape mine.

The lovely juice geniuses at Strix Elixirs developed a flavor called Black Honey Cream, which is their popular Black Honey juice with added cream. The flavor was developed as variation of their VERY popular Blue Honey and Blue Honey Cream juices, and I’d heard so many great things about these flavors that I had to order some.

According to their website, the flavor profile is:

Along the same lines as Blue Honey, Black Honey expands on the concept. Adding a touch of cream solidifies this blend as scrumptious.

I ordered Black Honey Cream as one of the very first Strix orders I ever placed, taking advantage of their Juice Multipacks – basically, you choose the number of bottles you want to order (3 or 6), choose your own flavors, and basically build your own sample pack of 10ml bottles. The price is right and who could pass up the opportunity to choose the flavors you get to sample, right?

I know a lot of people who rave about Blue Honey Cream and Black Honey Cream (my son now being one of them) so I was very excited to order this juice. The wait seemed like an eternity, but it was one I was willing to wait for juice that would tickle my taste buds like I dreamed this one would.

When I received my multipack (6 gorgeous black bottles with that distinctive Strix logo on each of them), I immediately opened the Black Honey Cream because I just couldn’t wait. The smell of the juice was amazing – the aroma of fresh, ripe blackberries greeted my nose like a long-lost friend. There was no sickeningly sweetness to the smell, and there wasn’t anything really artificial to it.

I placed a drop on my finger and tasted. The flavor was blackberry but I could detect just a bit of honey underneath that blackberry goodness. While I couldn’t taste any cream in that first drop, I wasn’t disappointed – I knew the flavor should improve when heated.

So, I juiced up some fresh cotton and fired off my mod a few times. The aroma that filled the air was, once again, that of fresh, ripe blackberries.

I couldn’t wait to actually vape this!

On that first inhale, I could taste all the blackberry goodness in the juice. But underneath that blackberry flavor was the richness of honey. It was very delicious!

On the exhale, however, that blackberry flavor mellowed and I could actually taste the cream in the juice. It was even more delicious than on the inhale.

This juice did not get harsh at all, even at 150 watts on my mod. There was no nasty throat hit and the flavor stayed true at each increase.

The best way to actually describe this flavor would be like a really good, really creamy no-sugar added blackberry ice cream made with fresh blackberries instead of artificial blackberry flavoring. It was a delicious, satisfying vape without having to worry about all the calories of actually eating blackberry ice cream – and let’s be serious, who really stops at just one scoop of ice cream when snacking?

This could easily be an all-day vape. Since ordering that first 10ml bottle, I’ve reordered from Strix and got a 30ml bottle – and have spent a few days where Black Honey Cream was all I vaped during the day. So if you like the flavor of blackberry ice cream without the added sugar or all the calories, I highly recommend ordering a bottle of Black Honey Cream today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread