Bladder Tumors in Canines:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry to hear of your friend's condition. My 14 year old terrier was suffering from kidney failure last year, and it's true you subconsciously start to mourn the loss before they're gone. Spend as much time with Nash as you can and give him all the love you want. You'll know when the time is right.

My prayers are with you and Nash.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
I have had 2 dogs with bladder cancer, both females. One was a dog I took in as a foster because she got dumped at the vets office for "leaking" and had been relegated to the outdoors because her owner couldn't deal with her ...... in the house. The vet wanted to try her on PPA/DEG to see if it helped the leaking. Well, it ended up being a bladder tumor. We opted not to have the surgery done due to her age, but she responded well to piroxicam for the next 6 weeks which were probably the best 6 weeks of her life.

The other one was a rescue Collie that we adopted when she was 8. She did not have any leaking at all but was having some backend problems with walking. Once diagnosed, again, opted for not operating mainly because of the tumor location, but put her on piroxicam. It caused her stomach lining to rupure and she filled up with blood so we had to euthanize her. If I had it to do over again, I would still have given the piroxicam because of it working so well on the previous dog and it was really the only chance we had of shrinking the tumor to prolong her life.
Sorry to hear about your 2 girls. Jasmine :(

Nash is having troubles walking too :(

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
I am so sorry to hear of your friend's condition. My 14 year old terrier was suffering from kidney failure last year, and it's true you subconsciously start to mourn the loss before they're gone. Spend as much time with Nash as you can and give him all the love you want. You'll know when the time is right.

My prayers are with you and Nash.
Thanks GEP, he just made it home from a 3 night visit to hell. :(

I brought him into the bedroom and he's laying down looking at me right now.

Poor guy has had a tough weekend!

Limoncello

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
oHIo
Thanks GEP, he just made it home from a 3 night visit to hell. :(

I brought him into the bedroom and he's laying down looking at me right now.

Poor guy has had a tough weekend!
This is so sad..and I sure do feel bad for you. Nash has what he needs most..and that is you being with him. I have three dogs and they are like real kids to me. Like all dogs, Nash feels like you are his everything, so give him all the attention and love you can now. That will ease him.
God bless!
Rita

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
I cried hard when I lost my Viszla due to kidney failure. The vet "helped" the ending, but that was still something I will never forget. It is hard, yet a comfort to see what peace comes with the "help." My Rebel was a frisbee dog from hell also. never ever will be a pet like that one for me again. I'm truly sorry that you have to face this part of life. martin

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
This is so sad..and I sure do feel bad for you. Nash has what he needs most..and that is you being with him. I have three dogs and they are like real kids to me. Like all dogs, Nash feels like you are his everything, so give him all the attention and love you can now. That will ease him.
God bless!
Rita
You are so right!! :)

I really appreciate your support..

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
I cried hard when I lost my Viszla due to kidney failure. The vet "helped" the ending, but that was still something I will never forget. It is hard, yet a comfort to see what peace comes with the "help." My Rebel was a frisbee dog from hell also. never ever will be a pet like that one for me again. I'm truly sorry that you have to face this part of life. martin
Yeah, it sucks SB, this little guy has made me who I am for the past decade and he will always be a part of my soul.

He really has the heart of a lion, he never gives up and I love him so much for that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread