The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Blank KR808D-1 and KR808D-2 cartomizers -- are they basically the same?

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by mobocracy, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I still like using my KR808D-2 (Greensmoke) batteries with blank cartos I fill myself with Johnson Creek juice. It's a decent vape (even if its not great in comparison to other gear) and they're small and discreet for use in places where other gear would be a bigger problem.

That being said, there seems to be more choice when it comes to KR808D-1 blank cartos and they are cheaper as well as more battery choices.

Other than the threading, are the blank cartos basically the same other than the threading? I'm thinking these D-2 batteries aren't going to last forever and I'm thinking it would make some sense to transition to D-1s before the D-2s die, leading me into the vicious cycle of buying more batteries for blanks I have, etc.

2. thatguy2

thatguy2 Moved On

Oct 24, 2013
  3. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    kr808d1=female threaded cartridge,male threaded battery.
    kr808d2=male threaded cartridge,female threaded battery.
    regards
    mike

4. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I know they're different threading setups but I was more thinking in terms of the carto quality/size/etc. If I had to guess, I'd bet they're pretty much the same with some chance that the apparently more common D-1s are maybe better quality.

5. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    should be the same quality just different threading.

mike

6. Arker

Arker Full Member

Apr 25, 2013
    NC, USA
    Well, should be the same quality as carts from the same factory. But who's making d2s?

With d1 you have some choices and some are much better than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.