Blemished Firefly Batteries, for cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJVJR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Tri Cities , TN
Uh oh , one of mine has no charge at all but the other is ok. Maybe just the batterys are different , I will try to charge it.
Mine is reading 3.3vdc as well. The one with no precharge ( wasn't charged ) has me irked a bit. The center electrode is sticking up to where just a tread or 2 was catching so I am not sure what to do. Should I force it ? I am afraid of stripping the threads. Can it be safely pushed down? I seriously don't intended to denture anyone as I think this can be repaired and they look fantastic.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
This is a screaming deal guys. These batteries are normally $22.50 before shipping. Plus, they show the rate of discharge during use and they have a built in led flashlight as well.

Hey salt, will you ever get any of the 1100 mAh firefly batteries in stock?

I can probably do that. Got a few things in the work now, so maybe a month or so before we'd have them.

Bravo to LF for selling these batteries as "blemished" rather than trying to gouge their customers by selling the "mistake" batteries as "Limited Edition Polished Finish". High standards and indisputable customer care. That's why LF is my go-to hardware supplier. If I didn't already have so many batteries I would be all over this.

Get them while you can!!!!

;)

I'm just wondering if this will affect the durability? Since you said it was a different metal...

They should still be very reliable. I suppose time will tell.

any link to order online? I want 3, payment at the ready.

im just getting that up now. but they're pretty much sold out at this point. Electronic Cigarette - Batteries - SALE BATTERIES

I'm hoping that there'll be some of these left tomorrow, but I do have a question -- are the Firefly batts more like a Riva in function or are they controlled batteries like a standard ego batt? My husband's gotten me hooked on Riva batts recently, but having something that'll keep me apprised of the battery level sounds really good, too. (Even if I normally prefer matte black batteries, I can take stainless, too.) :)

Regulated like the Joye eGo.

Ty, if buying batts only, what charger do I need?

any ego/riva charger should work just fine. a 510 charger will too, but it'll take longer.

That's strange. I called on the 3rd, just after noon and left a message.
Then 10 mins later I got impatient and called again and got a very nice lady who set 2 batteries aside.
30 mins. later, I called back with an order number from an order for a charger, cone and some cartos.
She added my batteries to that order and shipped them out priority for no extra charge.
An hour after I was done, someone returned my very first phone call.
Anyway, I got everything today. Three days after I ordered. CA to FL.
They look great, like shiny chrome. They aren't blemished at all. Just a mirror shine.
I'll skip the sandpaper. These are my only PV's that aren't black.
They both came off the charger at 3.3V though. I thought they were going to be 3.7V.
Luckily, i have some LR Clearos, so I can still get some good vapor. I hope they're regulated to stay at 3.3 at least.
Guess I can't complain anyway. I got 2 batts, a charger, a cone and 5 Clearos for $28, shipped priority.
And the phone lady was a delight to talk to.
Should've got 3 batts though. Got to draw the line somewhere.

The Phone Lady's name is Leah. She's not on the forums. I should try to plan a company photo shoot or something. we could probably do it in front of our new warehouse in a few weeks!

Ordered mine Friday evening , they arrived today , look good. Do I charge these for 4 -8 hours before using like the rest ( first charge ) ? I am using EGO/KGO fast charger.

Just charge it until it the charger LED turns green. Li-Ion batteries dont have a memory effect, like other battery chemistries. Once the light is green, theres no reason to keep it on.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Called again. Got voice-mail, again. Left message - again. I am glad that you heard from them, MidTowne... at least we know that they are still alive and kicking. I am glad to know that :)

~Tiger

I'm sorry about that. We try to respond to every call and email within 24 hrs. Please try to reach us again, if you still havnt been able to. You can always email me direct too, ty@liberty-flights.com

My batteries arrived yesterday. they're really pretty! I like shiny :)

They all came with a good charge, but i got fooled at first by the '4 click on/vape' to '4 click off/flashlight' function. Does anyone know whether it matters whether the switch is on or off when you charge them?

that shouldnt matter. They turn back on when connected to the charger anyhow.

Mine is reading 3.3vdc as well. The one with no precharge ( wasn't charged ) has me irked a bit. The center electrode is sticking up to where just a tread or 2 was catching so I am not sure what to do. Should I force it ? I am afraid of stripping the threads. Can it be safely pushed down? I seriously don't intended to denture anyone as I think this can be repaired and they look fantastic.

Does it still function? If functionality suffers because of this, we can probably call that DOA. send an email to support if you need further assistance with that.

what kind of charger can i use with these?
thanks

ego/riva/510

got my batteries today! been using it for a couple hours and i like it! the only problem so far is that one of them seems to auto-fire when i screw in a carto all the way in...

"send an email to support if you need further assistance with that." the batteries should work just fine. they are sold at a discount because of cosmetic inconsistencies. If it doesnt function properly, let us know.

solardrgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
socal
i have a 510 charger that didnt seem to work.... the threading on the charger is too far recessed, i made the hole bigger and opened it up only to find that the center pin on the firefly was to recessed... :( theres a bunch of chargers on the site, some for different prices so im kind of confused...
heres the charger before i took it apart:
22019fd3.jpg

3866982b.jpg

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Yeah.... the little box chargers arent really gonna work with fat batt's. You can probably pick up a 510 extender for that... All the new kits seem to come with the USB chargers as standard now.

I recommend this charger:
Electronic Cigarette - Chargers - Riva 510

--

So... stock is gone, and this promotion has ended. But stay tuned. I plan to run another one this weekend, or next week.

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread