Blood sugar levels elevated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
I have been vaping for 7 months now and only use PG juice. I had blood tests done in June 2009 which indicated normal blood sugar levels. I recently had blood tests done again and was truly disillusioned to discover that my sugar levels are way high. I am now pre-diabetic. I have not changed my diet since the first tests- I'd rather state I am eating less sugary products since I started vaping. I do not know whether my high sugar levels may be linked to vaping or that this is a natural health anomaly that happened within 7 months. Anyone else with similar complaints?

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
My was also high the last time I went to the doctor. I don't see how vaping could have caused this. I have read all the side effects of nicotine and PG and they do not state anything about elevated blood sugar. I just attribute it to age and high caloric intake. It is just as important with diabetes to eat around 1800 calories as it is not to eat sugar.

Most people have a new symptom and think OMG it is related to vaping when it may not have anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Others have discussed this medical issue on the forum, who also have diabetes and have been vaping for around a year just fine. Some think it is the nicotine level that can also be a factor (so is smoking), not the PG or VG. Here are a few threads for you to read:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/22863-diabetes-e-cigs.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/44706-diabetics.html

More threads on ECF and diabetes can be found with the Google search (Located at the very bottom of each page).

My husband (non vapor/smoker) struggles with his blood sugars... He was fine until last year, and now he's pre-diabetic. It is frustrating. Targeting the things that spike sugars is hard sometimes. We did some research and discovered that he was taking too much fish oil and had an odd reaction to it (we think, it reacts differently with some people impairing sugar control). Flour, caffeine, processed foods and alcohol also play havoc with blood sugar. He's bad about limiting those (well, not the alcohol, but he still has a beer once in a while). He's still trying to manage it a year later with diet and a prescription. He cheats on the diet, LOL. Bottom line is getting older sucks and having to study and understand how food is metabolized isn't his thing, but he's getting better at making choices.

Good luck to ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread