Bloog or Smoov? Which is which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
I also asked about this in the Bloog section, but wanted to post here too just in case people didn't frequent that area.

So a friend of mine has a bloog ecig kit. I have a Revolver kit. I've been looking to switch from Revolver because honestly the carts for the Ion and Gemini really suck. They leak, they don't deliver flavor, etc... I just am tired of the hassle with them and Revolver doesn't seem all that interested in changing designs.

I was going to just get a Bloog but now I'm completely confused as to whether I should or not. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and youtube watching on Bloog, but then I came across kits that seem to be the same. Smoov and Smokeless image. The only difference I can see is price.

Based on what I've read, all these batteries have chips in them that regulate the battery to put out constant voltage. I liked this idea because that's something my Revolver kits don't do. The strength seems to go down as I use it.

After reading the forums here, Bloog seems to be claiming they are the inventor of this, and everyone else is copying them, yet when I watch video reviews, everything looks like same. The chargers, the PCC sliding case, the batteries, the packaging even looks the same. The batteries in particular I've taken notice too because all three companies with these seem to have a "rubberized" finish on them. Also looking at the end of batteries where they connect to the cartomizer, they are all identical, hole size and everything.

So I guess my question is... are these really original products or are these the same as everyone else but just branded with Bloogs name? Smoov seems to be the cheapest one out of all three that I've looked at. I can't see ordering from Bloog if I can get the same thing from Smoov. Is there a reason for the price difference? What do they do differently if they really are different?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
It's true. Bloog is the one that started it all for the new KR808 devices. The problem is that they were overly expensive and there were numerous complaints about their customer service and shipping prices.

All the "knockoffs" include:

VOLT
G6
Smoov

The smoov is the only one that has the smaller airhole while the two others are basically the same thing, down to the cartomizers. IMO if you looking for something that is like the bloog and performs the same way and is cheaper in price.

Go with the VOLT. If you need more information or to ask questions. Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4-official-smokelessimage-com-thread-710.html

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
It's true. Bloog is the one that started it all for the new KR808 devices. The problem is that they were overly expensive and there were numerous complaints about their customer service and shipping prices.

All the "knockoffs" include:

VOLT
G6
Smoov

The smoov is the only one that has the smaller airhole while the two others are basically the same thing, down to the cartomizers. IMO if you looking for something that is like the bloog and performs the same way and is cheaper in price.

Go with the VOLT. If you need more information or to ask questions. Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4-official-smokelessimage-com-thread-710.html

I've seen steeljan's vid on youtube showing the volt and they have the same small airhole as Bloog and Smoov. Although now another guy selling these is claiming they have newer bats that have a big airhole.

I just want to know what's inside that makes them "not the same" as a Bloog. The way they talk about the product on here, they make it seem like everyone else is using a different inferior product that only "looks" like theirs. So what's so special about theirs that it costs more? Logic says nothing, but who knows.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Overall, Bloog is only making that comment so they can keep/gain customers and your right. There's no real difference in why they are special and why they should cost more. It's all a matter of preference and customer loyalty.

It's up to you in the end in which one you pic. But, steeljan also made a video on how the smoov batteries have an even smaller hole than the VOLT.

Last edited:

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
Overall, Bloog is only making that comment so they can keep/gain customers and your right. There's no real difference in why they are special and why they should cost more. It's all a matter of preference and customer loyalty.

It's up to you in the end in which one you pic. But, steeljan also made a video on how the smoov batteries have an even smaller hole than the VOLT.

From my understanding, the volt bat used to have the small pin hole, now it's got a bigger one. I don't know if it's a new bat design from the same manufacturer, or if they just used bats from a completely different manufacturer altogether. The only place I know of that makes these 808's is Kanger. Not sure who makes the one for Volt and Smoov.

Do you have a link to steeljan's vid comparing the volt and smoov? I can't find it anywhere on her youtube channel.

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
+1 on SI. Their customer service is amazing! The best I have experienced in the vaping industry so far (and most were pretty good). The shipping is cheap and lightning quick, and their stuff just works. I mostly use a Darwin now, but I love having something available with that "analog feel", so I always keep the volt batts charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread