Bloog Review June 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomalley

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
:thumbs:
Two Thumbs UP for Bloog!

I have many good things to say about this company -- first and foremost, I want to congratulate them on raising the standards for customer service. They have SO much patience and no matter how stupid my noob question was, they didn't hesitate to answer or explain. Also super fast shipping, and they have awesome sales.

Regarding the gear and flavors: I ordered a 65mm automatic battery, a box of blank cartomizers and three packages of flavors (coffee, chocolate and mint) in the "light" 11-mg nicotine level. I have had varying degrees of success and failure with different companies and each manufacturer has a different idea of what "coffee" is supposed to taste like.

Bloog gets it. The coffee tastes like coffee. No artificial vanilla-icky aftertaste like so many others, just the nice, slightly nutty-sweet taste of coffee. Very good throat hit, even at the light nicotine level, carts last about the same as others, but they keep the flavor and strength until the end.

But -- the one really awesome thing about the Bloog cartomizers is the removable rubber plug on the sucky end. That means you can refill them with liquid a few more times and get more life out of them without having to destroy the mouthpiece! They are made to be refilled! With this in mind, I plan on going back to buy some of their flavors in liquid. I am curious if I can brew up a mint-chocolate coffee Frappuccino flavor...

MINT: Now I never smoked menthol cigarettes when I was an analog smoker. Hated them. But Bloog's mint is not like a menthol cigarette. It's actual mint. It's more like Altoids, peppermint candies, mint ice cream... When I was kid, we had wild peppermint growing in the back yard and Mom would have me pick a bagful and she would brew mint iced tea -- it's just like that. The mint has a softer throat hit, but that's a good thing.

The chocolate tastes like chocolate -- not quite bittersweet dark chocolate but not that cloying-sweet taste of milk chocolate either. It's somewhere in between and will make you feel like you're cheating on your diet.

One last note - the KR808D-1 style battery seems, at least so far, to have a slightly better lifespan between charges. The finish is soft and velvety-feeling, not shiny hard. I like that.

All in all - in my short life as a newbie vapor-fan, so far Bloog is the top of my list.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
This was an incredibly helpful review for me when I was looking for information on Bloog. In my search for e-cigarette companies, the sheer quantity of vendors and websites and options were just overwhelming. So I just picked one. That one was Bloog. Since I was new, I just went to town and bought multiples of everything. The Ultimate Kit, plus 2 extra 78mm batteries, plus 3 sets of cartomizers (in addition to the ones that came with the kit already).

I didn't find this forum til after I ordered... and there was very little mention of Bloog, so I panicked and had buyer's remorse... til I saw this review. It made me feel a LOT better!!!

Well, I got my Bloogs yesterday, and I would like to add a few things to this review.

1. Quality. Wow. The packaging was simple, but amazing. The 'kit' came in these 2 boxes that must have been made by the guys who package higher end electronics. It's almost the same box design as the Microsoft Surface Pro box. I have a habit of stacking up my pretty boxes, and these are going in that stack. The graphics is so simple, but it's also charming in a deconstructionist way. Who does that for such a simple thing?

The pieces inside are just as beautiful and finished-looking. The finishes on the battery and cartometers are satin, like a high end laptop finish, or your favorite pen. The carts are only $10.99, and every one is packaged with 2 silicone covers on either end, and the little rubber end for refills fit flawlessly, then the sets of 5 are sealed in foil, like little pills. Every carto had the flavor and mg pro printed on it with the logo. they look, feel, smell, high end. These kits are PERFECT gift boxes, that would impress any smoker.

Now these are my first vape supplies, but I am not a rose-colored glasses type, and I absolutely am great at complaining. But Bloog is impressive. After reading all the threads about leaky carts and bad batteries, I was really braced for some junk. Bloogs are NOT JUNK. They are a pleasure to use. Now I have no clue how long they will last, but judging by the care put into presentation, design and assembly, I'd expect a long time.

I got 2 white batteries with red led tips (to remind me of cigarettes, since I am trying to quit), and a shiny silver (looks like stainless) finish, and a purple satin finish. The attached to the USB battery is a satin black finish. Every one of them is great, and I would buy them again.

The flavors I got were the Tobacco assortment. Every single one of them was nice in its own way... but the Red is most like a cigarette. Had I gotten to test them first, I'd have bought 20 Red cartos instead of the assortment packs. I'm glad I got to try them all tho (555, The last Straw, SPI, and RY4). While none were bad, I am just not as nuts about the hay/straw/sweet combo.

I got super fast shipping too.

The only drawback was the battery life from what I read.... and I can't speak much about that, because I plugged the USB one in, and smoke that continuously at my computer. It is directly connected to the power strip next to my computer, so will never need to be charged. On my computer desk, it looks elegant and like a computer component, not like a cigarette:p. So while I have 4 78mm charged batteries now, I only use the USB one.

The weight and size- it's about the weight of a regular cigar. Not heavy, but not as light as a cigarette, so you probably wouldn't hold it between your fingers like a cigarette. The battery is about the size of a cig, but once you screw the carto on, it's about an inch longer. I'd say roughly like a long cigar. The USB one looks like a plugged in pen or pointer. It's actually just a bit shorter than a writing pen, and about the thickness of a pencil.

If you want a smaller cigarette size, this is perfect!

My biggest worry about buying this was that the 808 battery size was not interchangeable with other commonly sold parts. Well, after getting it, if I need parts, I would definitely buy them from Bloog anyway. Everything matches perfectly and so long as they are long lasting too, it's really a no-brainer, and while it might be a bit more than elsewhere, you get what you pay for. But I don't think it is more, Bloog has a 20% discount on their site.

Now I also bought an iTaste MVP 2... because I read that the Bloog battery doesn't last so long (which turns out to be NO worry, since the kits come with a rechargable CASE in addition to the permanently plugged in USB battery. So if your battery runs out, you just charge one in the case, and smoke the other one). Also, I wanted to have a VV to compare. I love that too, because it delivers tons of vapor... you can powerhit your way to instant headache in a few seconds! But it is bigger and bulkier, and a completely different type.

For a small solution, I would DEFINITELY order the Bloog again, without ever seeing even one more smaller e-cigarette. You just can't beat perfection, and right out of the box, I thought this was PERFECT for what it is, a small e-cigarette that will remind you of your cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread