Bloog vs. V4L Diamond Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hmm I don't know if the mah ratings are comparable but the only difference I could find is the bejeweled end and also the 20 second cut off for v4ls compared to a standard led end and 5 second cutoff for bloog batts. Sorry you probably already know this. Hopefully someone who has tried both can better explain the specifics.

Newme

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Hmm I don't know if the mah ratings are comparable but the only difference I could find is the bejeweled end and also the 20 second cut off for v4ls compared to a standard led end and 5 second cutoff for bloog batts. Sorry you probably already know this. Hopefully someone who has tried both can better explain the specifics.

What does the different cut off times mean? Is one better than the other?

Sorry, I know this thread is a month old but I just saw it. I have both the Bloog MaxXFusion shorty and regular, and V4L Diamond regular and XL. They're all good, but I prefer the Diamonds. They also don't require any priming puffs, they drag just like a cigarette right off the bat. The reason I like the Diamonds better is there's less "airy" sound than the Bloog when you inhale. The crystal LED bling is pretty cool. But I really like the matte finish on the Bloogs. If you want to read more, I've done reviews of both on my website.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I have both the Bloog MF shorty and the V4L Diamond Series regular. The draw is very similar in both and you don't need a primer puff in either. The cutoffs haven't affected me in either one.

The major difference to me is the cartos. The BMF cartos have some issues that are being highly discussed on the Bloog forum and hopefully will be corrected soon, but when the BMF cartos work, they ROCK!

BMF cartos don't work well for me on the Diamond Series batts, and the V4L cartos don't work well on the Bloog MF batts to me - every now and then I get lucky and can mix the two, but rarely!

The BMF cartos give out much more vapor to me and I like them better, however I will continue to use the Diamonds with the Cool carts as well.

Both of these batts have a new technology that resembles actual smoking to me more than anything else I have tried. I do like the rubber finish on the Bloogs better than the shiny finish on the Diamonds, but that's just me.

If you want the closest thing to actual smoking I would say you can't go wrong with either one.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Thanks for the replies all. Since my original post I bought a diamond series (only because they are so pretty) and they do work the same as the Bloog. Only difference I can tell is it seems to me the Bloog doesn't need recharging quite as soon. But it's really hard to say for certain -- I haven't done an actual timing, it just seems that way.
I also noticed another vendor, Vapor Kings, sells the exact same looking diamond battery they call White Diamond for a few dollars less than V4L. And I say 'same looking' because I can only see how it looks, I have no idea if it is manufactured exactly the same but it brags about the same 20 sec. cutoff. hmmmm

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Only difference I can tell is it seems to me the Bloog doesn't need recharging quite as soon. But it's really hard to say for certain -- I haven't done an actual timing, it just seems that way.

It is that way with the bloogs because they have slightly (20%, I think) more mah than the equivilant length V4L batt:)

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
They bith seem to have great features.. I have the Bloogs but got slapped with a 60 dollar custom fee, so NOT going to attempt to buy v4l... So freakin unfair all the cool stuff is in US..... Seems like most EU vapers are content with their mods, such a great shame....

I've noticed that V4L has free shipping to US & International every 2-4 weeks. I think there's usually a minimum order involved, but I have seen those coupons. Perhaps they are more experienced with international shipping and can help you avoid customs fees. I'd email them & see what they say. The last free shipping coupon was valid Feb 16-17th. Sign up for their email newsletter, thats how their coupons go out. It might be worth looking into. I think Bloog is newer, smaller, and has less experience. Their site insists that Hawaii is International & wants to charge me $30 for shipping, lol.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
No way really?!?! LOL... wonder if it's the same for Alaska. Probably because ground shipping there is a tad hard... get tangled in seaweed and stuff.

The site won't give me the option of USPS, like the rest of you get. No ground shipments here, lol. Per Leaford the site is being redesigned and will fix my issue. Not sure when that will happen, but given the inventory issues & the carto issues I'm finally OK with waiting. But I really really really wanted a Bloog :)

Funny though I use my V4L manuals all the time now - haven't touched my pretty diamond batts or my stealth batts in a while for fear of killing them with refills. I almost think the manuals actually work better.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I refill and use on the autos. Just put the caps with a plug on the battery end and don't over fill it. I let it sit for awhile, then remove the plug, dab off any excess (usually isn't any) and all is good.

As for using the site for shipping, maybe you could just call the tollfree number to place an order and they can use usps that way. If you go to the Bloog forum, you'll see nycsublimegirl. She usually asks folks to send her a pm to sort out shipping issues like this.

Or... do you have any family/friends on the mainland you should ship to and have them forward to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread