Not open for further replies.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Okay, I am new so still trying to understand-
I have a Dragon (M401) & a Sidesho

When people refer to "blowing out an atty"
How are you doing this? Just blow whatever liquid you see that is caught in the little "V" portion of the atty or do you blow from the end that connects to the battery and blow all the ay through that little small maybe inch long atty? It seems how would you? Can your lips touch the silver portion between the threads for battery and the little "V" portion?
Sry if this sounds dumb- I want to clean out my atty to change a flavor and do not have canned air on hand- I don't wantto mess my atty up because it works great still- & I am not wanting to go to the next one yet until I figure out how to clean them correctly.
Thx!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
One end of the atomizer is open, and the other end has a tiny hole. Remove the atty from the battery and mouthpiece/cart and blow through the tiny hole end into a wastebasket or sink until it doesn't drip any more. I can usually only get 4 or 5 drops out of mine. I'm new at this so hopefully an expert will answer. Good luck!

dksullivan99

Sep 24, 2009
I am a newbie at this, only 8 days. But I have a great customer service from awesomevapor.com Arno, said to change flavors, just take a pair of tweezers and pull out the plastic looking stuff in your atty. Wipe dry with a paper towel and put back into atty. Then fill your new flavor. He also says you can use a can of air to clean it out with. He is great. Fast priority shipping, and great customer service. Hope this helps.
Deb

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Be careful using canned air. First, it can actually damage your atty. The soldering in an atty is very delicate. Second, read the label on the canned air. Most of it now contains bitterent (sp?) to stop people from huffing it and that makes for a very nasty taste when vaping.

I only use a 901 and a 510. I will blow them out from the battery end with a tissue over the cart end to catch the juice. Put it back on, do a very short, maybe 2 second dry burn, then add 3 drops of juice and let set for a few minutes. My 510 atty is 12 weeks old and my 901 is 9 weeks old. Too much cleaning is worse than not cleaning at all, IMO.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Thx guys- Deb, I know how to refill them- I have been doing this and actually- I rinse the filler out w/ clear water then dry and rinse my internal cart as well as outer cart- I drop some liquid in internal cart then add back filler and top off w/ a few more drops liquid- then insert inner cart back into outer cart- best way I have found to get rid of previous flavor... Until I change filler altogether which I haven't done yet...

Blowing out to clean is what I was wondering about- & I appreciate all the responses- This helps! I am going to "clean" them soon but am waiting on my 50/50 liquid first (on it's way to me)

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Are you talking about the Dragon you just got? You don't need to be doing any cleaning to that yet. I've had mine for 3 months, been using it every day and never do any kind of cleaning to it and it's still cooking juice like it's brand new. Just blow it out when you want to change flavors. Hell, I don't even do that. I just add one right on top of the other.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Houdini,
The DK-Tab is a pretty strong flavor- I was still tasting it overriding my rum- so.. I took that atty off- it is set to the side and I am using the other- so... I do want to clean it to see if I can get the flavor off to get a true flavor of something else- Also, I ordered red hots from Dawn & it was recommended to have an atty specifically for that flavor- I will use the one I need to "neutralize" for it-
Other than that - I just wanted to get the info needed to clean so when I do need to clean them- I can w/o an issue-
AND in the meantime, I do need to blow them out while changing carts or whatever...
Oh! & my husband has had one instance where the filler got stuck on his atty and melted to it a bit- I caught it before it was bad but there is a small little "blob" on the edge of that one where the filler "melted" to his atty- I didn't want to pick it and mess up the atty- so, I will clean it-
But, Thx- I know I have read many posts and have determined w/ regular maintenance, I should have long atty life-

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
I was thinking Turkish American Blend?... Then I thought Toasted Almond Blend?... LOL I am trying to make the initials stand for something but it TASTES like a coffee mocha caramel cappaccino (sp?)- Better than I thought it was going to be, but I just couldn't do it as an everyday vape...
However, w/ the dilemma of not being able to put analogs down completely and as I decided it had to be the flavor... I took an "empty" TAB cart and took out filter, I did not rinse or anything just added drops of menthol, added back filter and topped it- then I let it sit a couple hours while I vaped raspberry (very good by the way)- and then I hooked it up to try, thefirst couple vapes still a bit more mentholly- after that, it is a very nice "menthol cig" flavor w/ a hint of caramelly sweetness (I can still taste the sweet but it is not overpowering at all)- This is what I am vaping now regularly (about 3 pm today it will be 2 full days w/ only one analog)- only problem is... I had already cleaned out 3 carts- so I only have 5 more left to add menthol to (I added some to one yesterday to have on hand)- And of course they will all be varied strengths due to one maybe having a couple drops of TAB left as I fill w/ menthol versus another having a nice full filter but no liquid in the cart itself... I need to order at least one bottle (5ml or so) of DK-TAB- lol whatever it is...
I tried doing Hilton w/ menthol added and a couple drops of cream (I don't have caramel) and it is almost the same but there is something different about it... obviously it isn't the same but it is missing something...
So... if you can handle menthol and want to try one more flavor before cleaning out the carts for a totally new flavor... try it-I like it- right now... I am only vaping the fruity/beverage/candy type flavors maybe once in a day and then back to "this"- It is keeping me from wanting an analog though and right now that is what I need to get past!

>>>Back to topic>> isn't it a bit strong to you? I am, again, new at this but it about gagged me at first- I mean not a bad flavor gag but it HIT me right in the throat- and so many people say you can't get throat hit w/ the Dragon- I still have to take it in slow so I don't choke over it.
Anyway, one of the carts I cleaned out totally and changed the flavor- I still had the taste of the TAB- and it wasn't terrible but >> I wanted to just have my Rum Punch... eventually I will- thx again- Guess we should get a post of what DK-TAB is... if anyone knows- Hmm- I can ask JD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread