Blu and Vuse E-cig Commercials.. The Tobacco Connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com
Hello Friends,

I've noticed that Blu and Vuse are trying desperately to connect tobacco use with vaping in the public eye. The Vuse commercial states that their product is made by "Tobacco Experts" and the actor on the Blu commercial constantly parades around with his Blu hanging from his mouth like a real cig....even while riding a bicycle!

While part of me believes that it's a marketing ploy by both entities, the other part of me thinks it's to also subliminally connect the DANGERS of smoking with vaping in the eyes of the populace, thus affecting future regulatory efforts and outcomes on e-cigs. Anyone have any thoughts on this? We all know who owns these two companies... ; )

Vape Well,

Brian :vapor:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The tobacco companies market the products they sell .. cigalites. It's that simple.

But as Steamix says, if new vapers start out with one of the tobacco companies products eventually they become unsatisfied or just want a better experience. When the customer has problems or is unhappy that they can't upgrade with a better battery or tank because of proprietary connections, etc., they find their way here to ECF and we help them find some REAL vape gear!:D

FRSguy

Oct 8, 2014
Wrightwood, Ca
The tobacco companies market the products they sell .. cigalites. It's that simple.

But as Steamix says, if new vapers start out with one of the tobacco companies products eventually they become unsatisfied or just want a better experience. When the customer has problems or is unhappy that they can't upgrade with a better battery or tank because of proprietary connections, etc., they find their way here to ECF and we help them find some REAL vape gear!:D

Although I am new to vaping it kind of shocks me that huge tobacco companies have sold the same products for so many years that they are unable to manuver in the vaping industry at all and they just seem to not get it in the slightest. From a business perspective I would honestly expect large companies like that to release a ton or products at once and corner such a small industry in a short time... but they want it their way and wont bend to public demands and will spend millions trying to change legislation to force their products as apposed to just flooding the industry with high quality products made in the USA

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I can't say as I've seen very few of the advertisements but..... do these BT companies say anything about the ingredients they use? They ARE experts at putting addictive crap in tobacco and I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with Blu and Vuse either.

It wouldn't matter to me if they did list ingredients as BT is never going to get another cent from me anyhow.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I can't say as I've seen very few of the advertisements but..... do these BT companies say anything about the ingredients they use? They ARE experts at putting addictive crap in tobacco and I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with Blu and Vuse either.

It wouldn't matter to me if they did list ingredients as BT is never going to get another cent from me anyhow.

I thought Blu used Johnson Creek?

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com

Indeed! I agree 100%!!

God only knows what's in their products in reality...and they definitely don't care. Also, they haven't gotten any of my money in over a year. :vapor: Ha! (although I do think I've bought a few of their CEO's new Jaguars during my smoking career) :laugh:

Brian

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
As much as i hate to, I gotta say in their defense...they're marketing to smokers, so advetising a box mod with a big ... tank on it is not gonna appeal to current smokers. I think BT knows it's time is coming to a close, and associating their ecigs with real cigs is a way to tell current smokers that "it's like a cigarette" when we all know it's not.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Hello Friends,

I've noticed that Blu and Vuse are trying desperately to connect tobacco use with vaping in the public eye. The Vuse commercial states that their product is made by "Tobacco Experts" and the actor on the Blu commercial constantly parades around with his Blu hanging from his mouth like a real cig....even while riding a bicycle!

While part of me believes that it's a marketing ploy by both entities, the other part of me thinks it's to also subliminally connect the DANGERS of smoking with vaping in the eyes of the populace, thus affecting future regulatory efforts and outcomes on e-cigs. Anyone have any thoughts on this? We all know who owns these two companies... ; )

Vape Well,

Brian :vapor:

I've had very similar thoughts on bt marketing of ecigs, e.g. television, event and press. They seem almost more structured to elicit an FDA response than increase sales -- but then, I'm a geek. Any advertising/marketing experts among us that might share their perspective?

Downtown

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Personally, as bad and unhappy anyone here is gonna be with me, I'd like to see BT take a stake in e-cigs. FDA is gonna force an ingredient list in the somewhat near future anyhow on e-liquid. And BT has the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to shell out to make their products absolutely incredible if they REALLY wanted. 18%. Thats the total amount of smokers done by survey in the US.

BT sees tobacco sales slowly dropping. But sales of E-Cigs have skyrocketed over the last few years. A billion dollar industry now as I hear?

Now. Say BT is forced by FDA to include ingredient info on their e-liquid bottles. We can see exactly what's in it. Harm taken away. Our major problem is the fact BT has all at one point tried to steal our money and kill us. I'm the same. I hold a small grudge due to the fact I know what the hell they tried to do. However, as bad as this may sound, BT could actually jolt our industry, try NOT to kill people, offer the same options as normal e-liquid shops do, do their research find good flavors, taste test. Sell. Then with their product, make mechanical mods, mass produce which would lower price as we all know well that a good authentic costs 130+ dollars. Make decent tanks that don't crack under the pressure of a strong juice.

The thing about having BT on our side is that they have the $$$$$$$$$ to fight the FDA. And we're hard to sell to as it is, so they should understand that crappy products means we can go somewhere else and get better ones, and keep the quality decently high.

I'm not saying not to hate BT, trust me I still kinda do in a way. But in highschool was it better to be friends with the bully or be hated by the bully?

Unpopular opinion, let the word murder begin :p :vapor:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

Exactly.

It's the relation to cigs that's going to spark that connection that "hey... I can :smoke: these just like a cigarette".

Distance enough to make it different and desirable. Relate enough to make it comfy and acceptable.

That's just good marketing on their part. Especially since they'd not want to demonize their main money makers to sell their own competing products.

I think their tactics for eliminating the competition to their cigs aren't ever going to be so blatant

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The vast majority of vapers use cigalikes

I believe that was proven not to be true any longer. That the purchases were still up there, but being disposable wouldn't count for more than a few days vs months or years with other products. Thus resulting in a fairly small portion of the vaping population.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
Although I am new to vaping it kind of shocks me that huge tobacco companies have sold the same products for so many years that they are unable to manuver in the vaping industry at all and they just seem to not get it in the slightest. From a business perspective I would honestly expect large companies like that to release a ton or products at once and corner such a small industry in a short time... but they want it their way and wont bend to public demands and will spend millions trying to change legislation to force their products as apposed to just flooding the industry with high quality products made in the USA

I thought they would have mods out by now. All they have is cigalikes and that's good for to get people that are just quitting smoking but if I was them I would release a line of mods to try to get the vapers that already have mods and are more experienced. I would never buy anything from them again but that's just what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread