Blu arrived (2 weeks after order)... Interesting. 401 carts on the Blu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
The Blu is what got me here -- I really, Really, REALLY hated the new FSC* approved analogs my state mandates, but I am a nicotinic of the first water. Quitting nicotine wasn't an option, so I went looking for non-FSC smokes, then learned that they'd all be FSC in about 11 months, and happened to see an ad for Blu. Came here (after I'd ordered the Blu), learned it probably wouldn't arrive any time soon, and ordered a VX2 and a m401 from Shawn at Litecig. By now, I'm in love with the VX2 and the 401 (and the flavors), but I don't mind having more types and styles. This one will be great for clubbing.

So first thing I do when I get the kit... I look at the carts (after plugging everything in and getting the charges going...). Guess what???

Blu uses a slightly modified 401 cart!! A 401 cart is a snug fit on the Blu atomizer, and you want to leave about 1mm between the lip of the atomizer and the end of the 401 mouthpiece, but it does fit. Decent vape.

Yay! This means Blu can be used for any flavor I want. I'll probably keep a few carts handy for when I'm out and about, and clean the Blu carts when I'm done with them, refill with my preferred jasmine, black tea, rose, green tea... but they work.

The battery is shorter than the VX2 battery, but it's the same type -- female plug. I don't know if the VX2 charger will charge it (or if the Blu will charge a VX2) and I'm probably not going to try, not wanting to kill batteries.

The LEDs on the Blu are BRIGHT. They'll be fun for clubbing.

I'll have pictures up Real Soon Now -- probably not a video review because I don't have such a camera -- and I'm willing to answer any question I can.

*FSC -- Fire Safety Council. FSC cigs put themselves out, but they use more paper, resulting in more inhaled chemicals; they produce far more ash (meaning they're just as dangerous as the old type) and contain 14% more napthalene, 11% more carbon monoxide... and as a kicker to the ticker, ethylene vinyl acetate and polyvinyl acetate. EVA and PVA are known carcinogens when burnt, and cause a number of other health problems. FSC cigs are probably more dangerous than a regular analog.

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
The 401 blanks I bought from litecig have caps -- they're a 3 piece cart -- a mouthpiece, a soft-rubberish cap, and an inner cart about the diameter of the head of a cotton swab and the same depth as the cotton part. The cap from my blanks do fit on the blu carts.

Blu carts are 2 piece -- the outer piece is exactly like a 401 mouthpiece. Inside the blu cart is a small inner cart that fits snugly in the outer mouthpiece. It's 3/4 round (flattened on one side), about 2/3rds the depth of the regular 401 cart. Blu carts don't have caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread