Blu Arrived Today....Mini Review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Ok. So my Blu was ordered on 6/1 and arrived on 6/20. I was a little upset about having to wait, but I knew at the time I ordered the wait was about 2 weeks...so it was expected. Up until hearing about Blu, I have never heard of electronic cigs and while doing research on it it brought me to this site where I have done tons of reading and have looked at just about every e cig on the market.

Right now Blu seems to be about a joke from other e cig users so I was nervous about my order and wondered if I purchased the wrong e cig. After using it for 12 hours and it being my first e cig (nothing to compare it too) here are my 2 cents...

Battery Life: The battery life is ok. It last about 2 hours of heavy vaping. Now I have been using it for 12 hours now and have had to change batteries a total of 3 times. I did vape a lot the first 2 hours as I was playing with it, and excited, but since then I have chilled out and have not needed to replace it as much.

Vapor Production & Throat Hit: Not as much as I thought. I have seen some videos of people using the Blu and expected a bit more. At first the cart gives off great vapor up to about 50 puffs, and from there on the production is about cut in half. You can get at least 100 puffs off of a cart, but only around 50 of those are good nice puffs with a nice throat hit.

I have used 1 cart and almost all of a second one in 12 hours. My husband has gone through 3 and just put on a 4th because he can't stand not being able to get the good throat hit. I am a smoker who smokes about 2 packs a day, and he smokes about 3.

Flavor: So far all I can speak on is the menthol. It taste like Wrigleys Spearmint. Def not a tobacco menthol taste, but not half bad either. I did order some java carts, but have not tried those yet.

Size & Weight: The weight takes some getting used to. It is heavier than an analog, but the diameter and legnth are close to the same.

Nicotine Amount: Ok like I mentioned I smoke about 2 packs of analogs a day. I ordered the carts from Blu that were labeled "lights". In the last 12 hours I have not needed one analog. I have been tempted, but it wasn't because of needing the nicotine. It was more like the Blu doesn't completely give me that I'm smoking feeling. I am trying to work around that, as I know any e gic will never 100% simulate an analog, but I will say the Blu is close.

Shut Off: This is about the only thing that I CANT STAND! Before I even have a great puff built up the automatic shut off kicks in. I am not sure how other e cigs are, but man this is annoying. I think the shut off kicks in after 1 1/2 seconds. If the shut off wasn't so quick, I don't think I would be tempted to smoke an analog.

Sensitivity: So I heard a lot of people complaining about the sensitivity of the Blu. I have no noticed it as of yet. I have had my Blu outside, it's been windy, and it still has yet to go off by itself. Taking it in and out of the pack doesn't disturb it either. Maybe I will notice it later on, but as of yet, no problems.

Overall, I love the Blu. Mu husband is still on the fence. We are both interested in ordering our own liquid and refillings the carts. As of right now we are not going to try any other e cig brands as this seems to give us everything we need in an e cig. I hope their customer service does get better, and I did order one extra stater kit when I placed my order for my own extra spare parts and have extra atomizers on order as well. On my initial order I also ordered plenty of carts and if we order juice and refill ourselves, I don't see how we will need to order anything more from Blu for awhile.

I hope I have remembered everything and I hope this helps someone!

I gave it the old college try...but its going back. The cart life on this thing is just TOO short! Im in a constant state of refilling them and its making me crazy! 8-o The final straw was when my VX2 arrived earlier today. its PCC is the EXACT same as the Blu and the PV is SO much better that Id rather buy extras for the VX than have the Blu. I think that once BLU re-vamps the design a bit, I would be willing to give it another try.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
Yeah I'm vapin my friends blu right now as I type this. I have been spoiled by my dura and 510 for sure. LMAO I cant tell I'm even getting smoke till I exhale. My friend seems to be happy with it till he revisited my dura again hehe. He's ordering a 510 tommorrow hehe. I think the blu is not a bad ecig its very smooth, I've let ppl try my dura with 36mg cigar in it, after they puff they do the Homer Simpson spin in a circle on the floor coughing. I really don't let friends try my dura or 510 anymore its just too strong for them. I've only had about 15 puffs out of it, seems that since I've burned the Johnson Creek out of it and put some good juice in it, works alot better. JC juice has a good taste to it, but has an underlying oldschool black label chapstick taste to me in all their flavors.

I have trouble with JC clogging my attys and don't use it anymore. I have some ry4 that I've been vapin almost full time. I think for the first time vaper that is not use to the mule kickin vapor of the 510 the blu would be a perfect fit for them. It is too late for me I've had my 510 and there is no goin back now. I will admit I had to heavily mod my 510 to get it in the sweet spot, there are alot of ppl getting burnt carts and taste with them. It took me about a month to trick mine out to get it right. All in all I think the blue is a decent PV, I would like to know if any generic batts and attys will work with the blu. Haha I think I'm bout to hurl hehe from test puffin between my 510 then my dura and the blu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread