Blu Cart Labs! (Tip's, tricks, and even some stylish fun for your neglected gems!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject:09141987

Nov 23, 2012
Earth
First I would like to thank the previous thread that inspired me to share this tidbit of information(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-blu-cart-version-without-inner-o-ring.html), as it is sure to benefit some of those Cloud Crafter's out there!

I would like to begin this post by saying the following: DO NOT BUY THE BLU STARTER KIT! I am in no form an advocate of BLU for anything more than their carts. The batteries suck, the PCC is annoyingly bulky, they're very overpriced for the product, and they just plainly suck IMO. That being said, I will praise with the highest regards their carts. I know some of you may be dumbfounded by this, but seriously they are entirely worth it. Here's a short list of why I recommend them.

*You will rarely come across a dead cart.
*They last a lot longer than you'd expect (I've had one last about 3 weeks with dripping, and refilling.)
* If you like the flavor, they add some extra hold time to your ordered juices. This can give you some extra time for steeping, and conserves a bit of juice.
* Their cost really isn't that bad. I mean think about it. You're going to pay about the same amount after shipping, and you don't have to buy them every week, or even every month.
* They are both very user, and mod friendly. I have little to no knowledge about modding beyond these carts and each mod takes less than 5 mins with few tools and work GREAT!
*This one is a general assumption, but they fit on my SmokTech USB Passthru which is 510, so I imagine they fit all 510's.
*You can buy them at a LOT of stores and gas stations. NO MORE WAITING FOR SHIPPING!!!

Okay, so it's a longer list than I anticipated, can't be helped. I should also note that I do not know any time tested methods to cleaning these gems. Sorry :(. But I didn't start this thread to ramble on about how handy these carts are, I started this to give you some of my tips and tricks to get GREAT vape experiences from them. So let's move forward!

Tricks.

The first trick I'm going to go into is how to turn your BLU cart into a medium capacity drip cart

When I first started doing this, I was told by many Cloud Crafters I personally know that this is perfect for trying different juices, and this is true. But I decided to up the atty and make it hold about one good sessions worth, with a strong brilliant flavor from the juice, without that strange flavor you can get from carts that I call "Not-so-special-something". The result was very pleasing.

What you'll need:

* 3 paper towel sheets.
* One small bowl of hot water.
*Scissors.
*Tweezers (or something that can be used to remove the caps, filling ect.).

Okay so all you do is pop the cap and rubber O ring out the cart, use the tweezers to loosen the filling and paper wrap around the center tube and CAREFULLY remove the filling and wrap, make sure the wrap stays inside the filler. Next you drop both in the bowl of hot water stirring the water occasionally for about 5 minutes. Take the filler and wrap and place them on the towel's and press them with paper towel's until dry. Take your scissors and cut the filler/wrap to about half an inch in length, if needed use the tweezers to return the hole in the center to its original width. Carefully push the filler/wrap back in so the center pole goes through the center to the very bottom of the cart, leave loose packed. Add your dip tip and favorite juice and enjoy! I get on average about 20 or so good puffs from these before having to drip again, and the flavor is BRILLIANT! These last pretty much as long as the regular carts themselves.

The next is for those who like to have a tight draw, with a thick plume of vapor. I call it the open end draw mod. All you need is a pair of tweezers, and an old mechanical pencil with a rubber grip.

All you do is wash the rubber grip thuroughly with hot water, dry it, pop the plastic cap off the bottom with the tweezers Rubber O ring optional, personally I keep it in to make sure nothing sticks to the filler.), slide the grip onto the carto so the edge of the grip is flush with the end of the carto, and puff on it like that! The rubber gives a good grip to your lip, making a tighter seal, and with the little plastic cap gone, you get more vapor and a nicer throat hit.

This final trick is for those who use thick juices, as they have a harder time soaking into the filler. All you need is tweezers, and it's so easy to do. Pop the plastic cap and rubber O Ring out, carefully remove the filler, fluff it up by pulling it, rip off excess if you want a very loose filling, push it back in and pack filling to liking, ditch the rubber O ring, and replace plastic cap or add drip tip. This mod soaks up juice really nice and allows easier draw.

The next set are the few tricks I've learned for those times you don't want to mod anything.:

* Poke three small holes through the filler with a sewing needle, this makes juice flow easier.
* Pop the cap off entirely for one or two good vape sessions, this can help dry out the filler, allowing easier soaking.
* Drip in one drop of juice after every session, this allows the natural wicking process to pull your e liquid through the cart, while preventing the dreaded dry hit.

And that's it for now. I hope those who can use this knowledge have a GREAT session, and remember!:

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Wow, I would have never thought that the Blu Carto's rocked. I may have to revisit some of my emergency stash to rock them out. Would pre-filling them and letting them sit say, maybe 2 months hurt anything? I keep an "omgomgomginnnneeed my vape NOW" stash for those times of..well critical failures. Cartos for me are a wise choice on this as they are normally minimal maintenance and get the job done rather well.

Subject:09141987

Nov 23, 2012
Earth
Wow, I would have never thought that the Blu Carto's rocked. I may have to revisit some of my emergency stash to rock them out. Would pre-filling them and letting them sit say, maybe 2 months hurt anything? I keep an "omgomgomginnnneeed my vape NOW" stash for those times of..well critical failures. Cartos for me are a wise choice on this as they are normally minimal maintenance and get the job done rather well.

I leave them sitting with new fluids all the time and they work just fine. Up until I bought my tank these were the carts I exclusively used. Keep the rubber caps and some clear tape around. Then youcan capem and put some tapeover the drag hole and keep your fluid fresh.

any tips on getting rid of the crusty buildup on the element and wick after a while from thicker juices?

Yes actually, a sewing needle, one of those long thin ones that come with every kit that no one ever uses.Use the end you normally thread the twine into, pop the black cap& O-ring off,andgently push it into the center tube, spinning the needle slowly. All that burnt stuff will come out. I should note that I gave my first attempt to boil. Boiled them for ten minutes, then I blew all the water out, boiled again, blew out again. They took about two days dry, filled one with fluid and let it sit overnight. Tastes good but the vapor production drops a tiny bit, but not a lot to make them garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread