Blu Cartomizers Life span and storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4sM4sk

Aug 28, 2012
New Zealand
Hi there Guys,

I just have a couple of questions regarding the Blu Cartomizers.

I've heard that blu carts 'go bad' does this mean that one shouldn't buy in bulk? Being from New Zealand I was thinking of buying a quantity at a time of them and then I don't have to wait on shipping quite as often. Is this advisable. I'd hate to buy a large amount only to find they expire quickly. I only smoke about 3-4 analogues a day so I'm by no means a heavy smoker so I don't think I'll use them that fast from what I understand of them.

If I do buy a larger quantity of them, would I be okay with keeping them in a drawer or should I refridgerate them? Would that extend their life or help in any way?

My last question is in no pictures of the blu pack do they have the little green sticker over the cartomizers in the pack but then in the tutorial video it has them all covered with green peel away stickers. Are these a must while you're carrying them around in your pack or can you remove the stickers with no issue? :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. I could've asked elsewhere but it seemed these were more Blu specific questions.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
You could buy some juice to add to the carts to freshen them up when it comes time to use them. You could also use that juice to refill the cartos too; but in my experience, you can only get 1-2 refills out of the blus before its time to trash them.

You could also consider just buying blank cartos and fill them as you need them.

Never refrigerate your cartos. It is very bad for them. It will dry them out.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
If the cartos are blanks then they don't really have a shelf life. The shelf life countdown starts when you put juice in it.

If you are asking about the shelf life of the Blu prefilled cartos, then I am not sure what it is but I would think you would want to use them within 2-3 months. However, if we are going to say that the Blu prefilled cartos 'expire' in 3 months, then its only because the juice that they were prefilled with has dried up. To remedy this you can simply add juice to them before you use them and get the carto filler material all wet again. This may effect the lifespan of the carto because after juice has been put in the carto and dried up the filler material is probably not as absorbant as it was new but still good enough to get decent use out of them.

The shelf life of when the juice in the cartos ACTUALLY goes bad is up for debate. The shelf life of juice can be in the range of 6-18 months, maybe longer, but if the juice is in a carto, then it will dry up before it has the chance to go bad. If you are planning on stocking up on bottles of juices to use in your cartos, then this is when you would apply the rules of 6-18 months. Because this time range is so vague you simply have to go by taste. When it starts tasting rancid, then it is going bad. It shouldn't make you sick though, it will just not taste that good.

Did I answer your question correctly? :confused:

Last edited:

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
That's a great answer.. Thanks a lot for your help Nebulas :) You are a champion amoung celestial objects!

muscle-flexing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Hmmm, I suppose it wouldn't matter. I've never seen any prefilled carto supplier who doesn't put stickers or something on their carts. It doesn't bother me, I guess. The only thing I can think of is if you like to switch a flavor out before a cart is finished, it may be hard to tell which one is a partially used cart. I've never had a problem with leaking, but that could also be a reason to leave them on until you use them.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
Yeah but can you toss them right away or do you have to keep them on til you use them? As the pack looks kinda dorky with all these green stickers inside it.

The promopacks don't display them but the instructions say to leave them on til you use the cart.

The stickers help keep the cartos from drying out faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread