Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicbeginner

Jan 26, 2010
PA
hey just a fewquestions.
so far i love my blu, i know its my first e cig but im lovin it, i m experiencing no problems as of now but am wondering how i can keep the life of this ecig sustained? how can i clean my blu atomizer? i drip with the cartridges, i use the halo e liquid and its great! freedom juice and a free 10 ml bottle of newpure i just got. if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated

OMB

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Western NC
My supervisor has a Blu...and someone else at work just got one. I tried it, but wasn't really impressed. However, since you DO enjoy your Blu, relax and have at it! One thing I noticed with the Blu carts is that they seem to only have about half the polyfill as my 901 or 510 carts (just very short chamber to put filler in). Use some tweezers to pluck out as much of the foil "seal" as you can. That gets in the way. You can try taking the filler out, too. Put the filler in a paper towel and squeeze the left over juice out of it. Drop a couple of drops of juice ("juice" being the slang for e-liquid/nicotine liquid) into the cart. Replace the filler and add some more juice just until it pools on the top. Dab the last drop with your paper towel. Replace the cart and try vaping.
Enjy!
Truly, you will find the Blu carts are a royal pain to refill. You may be better off just buying new carts. When you get tired of your Blu (and...you probably will) check the forums here for ideas. The Joye 510 and the DSE 901 seem to be the most popular e-cigs. (I have both...and love them both...lol)
Good Luck...and welcome to vaping!

P.S. Look into the forums here under E-cig reviews/Blu

P.P.S. I just re-read your post...lol. I've not tried to cleana Blu atty. I guess clean them like any others suggested here.

Last edited:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
So far, eh?

My advice to you if you have not gone past 30 days yet is to RETURN THE BLU AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP. Blu is an absolutely TERRIBLE product. The best day in my e-cig history was the day I packed that crap up and returned it for a full refund.

Get a dse-901 or a joye 510 and thank me later for the advice.
Why would you say that? He said he loved it. I don't have Blu but think it's a pretty cool looking device that obviously many people are happy with. Just because a group of people on ECF have decided to diss Blu doesn't mean it isn't a good product for this guy and many many others. I'm not very happy with my 510's, and I did not like the 901. Just because certain e cigs have a fan base on here doesn't man they are for everyone. Let the guy enjoy his Blu.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
thank you sherid for being understanding and thanks OMB for the advice

You are welcome. There are a number of people on here who developed a sort of elitism with their choices of the "best" e cig. Since there really is no best e cig at this point, it is a pointless exercise. I have tried nearly every choice out there, and believe me they all have problems. I currently like the VaporKing best, but I also know that not everyone does. To each his own. I have often considered buying a Blu because I still love its look, but so far I have resisted simply because I have spent way too much money on these things. Enjoy your Blu.

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
electronic beginner,

First of all, I agree with Sherid... you say you love your Blu, so enjoy it. Don't feel compelled to return it just because some people in this Forum are telling you that you should. Like Sherid, I also love my Vapor King, and it without question outperforms my Volcano (which is the exact same model as Blu) in every way. But you know what? When I go out for the evening, I grab the Volcano.

Anyway, in answer to your actual question about cleaning your atomizer, I suggest you read this very informative thread, full of lots of cleaning methods and analysis:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../35917-sattecs-atty-cleaning-test-thread.html

Finally, I know you are already into buying your own juice elsewhere, but if you also buy pre-filled cartridges as well, like I said, Volcano is the same model, so all of their stuff is compatible and their cartridges are much cheaper (not only that, you are not obligated to buy a carton at a time, like Blu makes you do now). Plus, Volcano has more flavors, more accessories (pass-through, car adapter), and much better customer service. Check 'em out: Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette...home of the best eCig

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
BLU- bashing must be a favorite pastime here on ECF. I have had four other models (including the vaunted 510) an I like my blu the best.

As to getting the most out of your blu -like Viv said - volcanoecigs are compatable with blu. They have a passthrough which is wonderful.

I only clean my atties when I have to get a very bad tassting juice out of them or they get really gunked up. I have a bunch of atties - one for each flavor.

First blow them out into a napkin. Sometimes that is all you need to do. If you need more, soak them in Everclear for about 15 minutes and then drop them into a cup of almost boiling water. I used bottles water because we have a lot of minerals in our tap water. Blow out as much water as you can, and let them air dry for an hour or so.

Then do a "dry burn" I put it on my passthrough and press the button for a couple of seconds while blowing on it. Underneath the V shaped bridge, you will see the coil light up. If it is a nice solid orange, it is all clean. Occasionally, you will get a bit of fluff from the cart in there (which tastes awful if it burns) and you will see it when the atty lights up.

An important step is to re-prime the atty. Dry atties do nothing and taste horrible. I put a couple drops of unflavored glycerine on them and let them set overnight.

Blue foam is the best cart filling for the other e-cigs, but my blu seems to work best with Fluval. Use about half as much stuffing as you think you need.

I am not an expert - but if you need anymore help, feel free to PM me. Enjoy your blu and ignore the haters.

~A

Britbikr

Feb 4, 2010
Michigan
When I bought my Blu as my first E-cig I did enough research, including this forum, to make the choice that seemed the best for me. I was a pack a day ultra-light smoker for 20 of my 35 years. I figured that the "510 throat hit/max vapor" freaks were the same ones that cut the filters of my analogs in half when they bummed them.:sleep: Good advice I'm sure, but not applicable to my situation.
So far I'm mostly satisfied, but am looking forward to refilling/repacking in order to get more consistency in fluid wicking, which was part of my original plan when I ordered the Blu. So far I'm happy, but would like a bit bigger cart just because I find I miss that "done" trigger of the analog burning down and just keep vaping the whole time I drive.

So far, eh?

My advice to you if you have not gone past 30 days yet is to RETURN THE BLU AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP. Blu is an absolutely TERRIBLE product. The best day in my e-cig history was the day I packed that crap up and returned it for a full refund.

Get a dse-901 or a joye 510 and thank me later for the advice.

Allow me to dissagree with your viewpoint. If you had bad experiences with the Blu, please share with us, as long it's honest and constructive. My first was a Blu, I have several models now of other manufacturers and am still very happy with the Blu, so very curious where your negative sentiments are coming from? Please share with us. No doubt, the DSE901, and Joye 510 are great choices, but if you haven't used a Blu, then put a sock in it!!!

When I bought my Blu as my first E-cig I did enough research, including this forum, to make the choice that seemed the best for me. I was a pack a day ultra-light smoker for 20 of my 35 years. I figured that the "510 throat hit/max vapor" freaks were the same ones that cut the filters of my analogs in half when they bummed them.:sleep: Good advice I'm sure, but not applicable to my situation.
So far I'm mostly satisfied, but am looking forward to refilling/repacking in order to get more consistency in fluid wicking, which was part of my original plan when I ordered the Blu. So far I'm happy, but would like a bit bigger cart just because I find I miss that "done" trigger of the analog burning down and just keep vaping the whole time I drive.

Personally,, yes, have, and very happy with my Blu, but if you are looking for a bit more vape, with ease while you are out and about, check out the Janty Stick. You wont' be dissapointed.

Iv'e got you name it, every model on the market. My fave's are the Blu, Janty eGo, and Janty Stick. You can't lose with these, and the batts/attomizers are compatible. Funny, it appears that the Blu atomizer works best with the Janty eGo, while the Janty eGo/Dura atomizer works great with the Blu battery. Go figure.. Love them all, they make a great set! Oh yeah,, the Silver Bullet everybody's ravin about,, my opinion sucks! Hate it, pretty much flushed $100 down the toilet. Good vape, but not worth it, get the Janty Stick instead.

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
New user to this forum, been doing some research and decided on Blu, just ordered and hope to get soon.

Ecigs seem great, smoke in house, at work, no stinky clothes.

I have a few questions,

1. How long does battery/cartrdige last, on average ( i know it depends on how much its used) but how many hours/days?
2. When comparing different e cigs, i noticed many members talk about throat hits. How does this account for the amount of nicotine you are getting or is just a feeling of a normal cigarette? I ordered the strong cartridges.
3. What is the number 1 mod for making blu better? kinda worried after reading all the negative blu posts

Thanks,

Nick

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
I pretty much vape straight and my Blu batteries lasted me just shy over an hour or so if I recall correctly.

Yep, throat hit has to do with the amount of nicotine as well as the PG/VG (propylene glycol/ vegetable glycerin) content of the liquid - VG being smoother (less TH)

To get good enjoyment out of your Blu I would suggest learning to dip and drip...and for when you are out, using a cart mod (different filler e.g. blu foam, fluval, or pyramid tea bag (PTB) - easy to search the forum or YouTube for tips on these)

Does that help? Ask away, and welcome NewBlu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread