Blu Cig Review and Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
I've tried adjusting the cart as you mentioned but either it hinders the draw (puff), or floods the atty.

Lately I've been using the thermometer trick from the Volcano forum... That's where you shake the e-cig like a thermometer so the juice moves closer to the atty. Works pretty well.

CAUTION: Don't shake it so hard that the battery and atty go flying across the room... (Now, how would I know that can happen) ;)

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Blue VS 510

I had the Blu, the reason i changed over....
The three orders I made with Blu, took FOREVER...first to get my blu, taking so long I immediately made a second order and then a third. After two weeks they still were "processing" not cool when dealing with an addiction.

There are hundreds of Flavors out there, theoretically thousands if you make your own...with blu you five "eh" ones. You can drip and kinda refill the blu carts but it's not really made to do that. Where the 510 is made to do exactly that.
i got sick of having a mouth full of juice with the blu.

There is a quality difference between the two. Joye 510's are much better made, for basically the exact same price. My blu was having battery issues, not lasting nearly as long as they first did after only two weeks. Have a friend who's a mechanic, he's beaten the mess out of this Joye..now it looks horrible all dented and scratched up but it's still working perfectly.

Throat hit and vape..there is no debate. You do not get the same results from the blu.

And lastly is a cool factor/vanity isue...I like having a red, green, light blue joye 510, and a pretty dark metallic blue PCC. :) Find the choice of black and white only boring....and there are like 6 main different colors(plus Limited edition colors) for Joyes

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
Throat hit and vape..there is no debate. You do not get the same results from the blu.

Well, I guess the last sentence is true, but this is purely subjective. They may be different, but it doesn't mean one is better than the other. It's all based on the individual's preference.

That's like saying "my dog's better than your dog." Of course he is! He may be cross-eyed, have only three legs, small patches of fur and an under bite, but he's MY dog and therefore, the best dog.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

hmmm...

The best e-cig in the world... is in the hand of its owner.;)

So I did end up getting frustrated with the performance with my blu. It was great for a week then it just went down hill. I even modified it which helped but it just bombed for me. So I ended up giving my blu to my girl and bought the VOLCANO MAGMA. I figured that at least it is a 510, and I get everything that I liked about the blu only I will get the added performance. I will update when I get my Magma.

Yea I think the Vapor Production is pretty weak in the Blu. My Janty eGo completely blows this away as far as Vapor production. I would really like the BluCig device if it produced a little more vapor and wasn't so sensitive. I do like the convenience of it all and it;s nice for on-the-go vaping. But, when I am around the house, my Janty eGo is far and away better then the blu.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Does anyone have any mods or tricks to counter the sensitivity of the Blu? I really like it but I am just tired of having to constantly charge it because the thing is constantly going off.

I have ten blu and Volcano batteries and I've never had this oversensitivity problem-- just lucky, I guess. My Revolver batteries, on the other hand, light up if someone clears their throat from ten feet away. (One of the many reasons I ditched it and went back to blu.)

While I was trying to make the Revolver work for me, I became accustomed to unscrewing the atomizer from the battery partially before I stowed it in the PCC. That way, the battery would still fire up, but it would only power the LED (hardly any current draw) and not heat the atomizer (way more current draw). It kept the batteries from going dead and the atomizers from burning out. Maybe the same deal would help with your blu oversensitivity.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Wow... the original poster has obviously been either paid by blu, or offered a free starter kit for a good review. No one takes that much time to post how much they LoOoOvE their e-cig in such detail like Billy Mays. Blu's Website LITERALLY says ALL of that stuff, just in different words. Don't believe me? See for yourself...

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
What is the advantage of a manual e-cig? (noobie)

I bought the starter kit... Still waiting for it. Bought it without doing any research just saw it online thought it was cool and got it.

So far this is one of the only positive review I've seen and from all the negative ones I'm expecting the thing to explode on contact. lol.

I am going to try it out and see how it does. This will be my first E-Cig... if it ever gets here.

After the blu finally fails however long that takes I'm goin for the Janty Stick. Looks pretty durable, and reviews are outstanding from what i've seen but enough of that it will be a long time before I can afford one and there will most likely be something better at that point.

ALL E-CIGS SHOULD BE MANUAL!

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
What is an e-GO? (link?) Noobie looking for back up that works.

Yea I think the Vapor Production is pretty weak in the Blu. My Janty eGo completely blows this away as far as Vapor production. I would really like the BluCig device if it produced a little more vapor and wasn't so sensitive. I do like the convenience of it all and it;s nice for on-the-go vaping. But, when I am around the house, my Janty eGo is far and away better then the blu.

DyMiC

May 25, 2010
Page, AZ, USA
I got my Blu a little over a week ago.

I love the thing. Eff the carts though. They suck. I popped out the reservoir and just drip the thing. 3 drops, let it soak, and it lasts me for about the length of a normal ciggy. I get good vapor, haven't flooded the atties, and found some other stuff on this site about cleaning the atties in less than 5 minutes.

The battery life could be better.... but they last me long enough and the other battery is always charged by the time the one I'm using runs out.

I would prefer to have cartridges that actually worked.... but dripping is doing fine for now.

I would definitely recommend this one to starters seeing as how it's easy to use, and it's not hard for somebody to learn how to drip.

::EDIT:: I just found out something by mistake, too! The little LED cover at the end has Air Inlet Holes... so air flows throughout the whole battery. I don't know how this information can be made useful... but there it is!!!!

Last edited:

DyMiC

May 25, 2010
Page, AZ, USA
So.... it's been a little more than a month now.

One of the batteries finally crapped out. I just bought two new ones from the Blu Website.

After my boyfriend receiving his eGo and playing with that.... I'm now thinking about looking into buying a Hello.

But my Blu is still a little vapor monster. I'm not looking forward to buying new attys for it.

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I got my Blu a little over a week ago.

I would prefer to have cartridges that actually worked.... but dripping is doing fine for now.

::EDIT:: I just found out something by mistake, too! The little LED cover at the end has Air Inlet Holes... so air flows throughout the whole battery. I don't know how this information can be made useful... but there it is!!!!

The carts work well if you do the fluval foam mod //// and as far as the hole in the batteries.... Great for shotgunning.... oops I aint supposed to know what that means. Retired USAF and hopefully my boss doesn't read this! :laugh:

Enjoy!

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
So.... it's been a little more than a month now.

One of the batteries finally crapped out. I just bought two new ones from the Blu Website.

After my boyfriend receiving his eGo and playing with that.... I'm now thinking about looking into buying a Hello.

But my Blu is still a little vapor monster. I'm not looking forward to buying new attys for it.

So, fill out the RMA for the one year warranty and get them to send you a new battery... They are not shy about replacing broken parts. I also bought two attys and when they got here I sent my two bad ones to them. They sent me two new ones!

Please folks don't forget they have a one year warranty and nope... I ain't associated with them at all. Just a happy well taken care of customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread