Blu Magnificent Menthol-any similar juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first vape kit today, and ordered juices from Mt Baker Vapor. I guess the problem is that all of the juices taste and smell like perfume/potpourri. I see now from reading that MBV juices really need to steep for a couple weeks.

Even if they do get better, I really want something very similar to Blu's Magnificent Menthol. I just adore that flavor, but Blu is crazy expensive. I can't even describe the flavor......just something unique, kind of smokey with a bit of menthol. Anyone have any suggestions? It seems like Halo juices are going to be my best bet, but I want to try others as well. Thanks!

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
If your MBV juices are perfumey you might want to try letting them sit with the caps off overnight. That way if there is any residual alcohol from the flavoring, it can evaporate. Also, shake them before you fill your tank or whatever. I'm not saying that's going to solve everything but it's worth a try.

And yeah, MBV's flavors usually arrive pretty fresh and need time to steep. But ultimtely, if you don't like the flavors then you don't like the flavors.

If your MBV juices are perfumey you might want to try letting them sit with the caps off overnight. That way if there is any residual alcohol from the flavoring, it can evaporate. Also, shake them before you fill your tank or whatever. I'm not saying that's going to solve everything but it's worth a try.

And yeah, MBV's flavors usually arrive pretty fresh and need time to steep. But ultimtely, if you don't like the flavors then you don't like the flavors.

I gave them a hot water bath last night and again this morning, steeped in total for about 36 hours and all the juices taste much much better now. None of them will be an all day vape for me, but it does the trick for now. Only smoked 5 cigs today versus my roughly 1 1/2 pack a day, so I am very proud about that.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Cool, glad I could help and glad that you're cutting down already. MBV is admittedly weak on tobacco flavors and there are plenty of stinkers in their lineup to be sure. I love thug juice but thought that hawk sauce was meh. Green Ice is great but pear is downright awful. All you can do is read the reviews carefully for clues.

If you want a mild mentholated tobacco I would just start a new thread asking for suggestions.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Even if they do get better, I really want something very similar to Blu's Magnificent Menthol.

Closest you will get to it is Johnson Creek's WISCONSIN FROST. You can spike it with a little of their Tenn Cured if it is too mentholly for you.

JC makes or did make the juice for Blu, so you would be very close here.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I recommend Ice Beard. I've never tried Blu, but I have tried several menthols, including MtBaker. None of them really did the trick for me, menthol wise. They're either way too menthol, not enough, or flat out chemical tasting.

VCV Beards are a NET tobacco and out of the ones I've tried they're damn good. Velvet Cloud Vapor has the best base IMO. It's uhm, velvety (delicious smooth exhale!) and has very good TH. Hard combination to beat. Not to mention their flavors are outstanding, but flavor is subjective.

So, in my experience, Ice Beard has been the one menthol that I actually enjoy vaping. Vaped 13-14mls of it in the past week. Very satisfying. Is it going to be the menthol that works for you?

Only one way to find out :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread