The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Blu Premium 100. Is it really the best mini? Blu Premium 100. The king of minis?

Discussion in 'Blu Electronic Cigarettes' started by ilovehugehits, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    I've had mine for a few months.
    Haven't had any hardware issues.
    Most people including myself.
    Have dealt with slow order processing for cartridges.
    Or bad luck with their customer service.
    That has little to do with the actual product.
    The PCC is brilliant. It's impossible to overcharge it or the batteries.
    Vapor production is good. Throat hit using high nicotine is ok.
    Most flavors are great. Kudos to Johnson Creek.
    I think the bad rep, is mostly from
    store bought original kits or cartridges.
    I haven't had a dud yet. Knock on wood.
    I get about 100 puffs, before the blue light flashes.
    Plenty of time for the other battery to charge.
    The size is actually perfect. I use it at work & in public.
    Everyone knows it's not an analog.
    This week I've had more people, ask me about it then usual.
    I guess because of the Superbowl commercial.
    Would love to hear from other members.
    Current and former Blu 100 vapers.
    Or those who might be thinking about buying one.

2. IRISH BULL

IRISH BULL Full Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago
    I have been using blu e-cigs for a little over 20 days now. And I couldn't be happier. I also purchased my PCC kit directly from blu, and it has been working awesome. I recently went out last weekend, and the PCC charged the spare perfectly. When I needed it, it was ready. Around eight hours without access to an outlet.

I will agree that ordering carts from them can be a little long, but they are always good carts. As opposed to getting them from the store.

Getting the carts from the store can be hit or miss. I recently purchased some Vanilla carts from Walgreens and they were horrible. Luckily they let me exchange them. But I had to exchange them with Menthol carts because every single one of the Vanilla carts had a horrible smell to them. And they all had dust collected on them, so who knows how long they sat there.

But with that being said, that so far is the best part of blu, the emergency availability of the carts. If that wasn't the case, I know I would have bought analog cigarettes by now. This was the main selling point for me when it comes to blu.

Even with the satisfaction with blu, I want more. So I plan on buying and creating my own kit and going with e-juices. I'll always keep my blu for bars and other social environments though.

3. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    The included PCC was a huge selling point.
    But buying cartos @ Walgreens isn't a good option.
    Since I use the Premium 100. My order finally arrived today.
    Pina Colada & Peach Schnapps are both delicious.
    I use the Blu exclusively when I go out.
    Because it's convenient & everyone knows exactly what it is.
    But since I bought the Johnson Creek Vea. I can't stop vaping it at home. Another cartridge option is Jet Cigs. They make some interesting flavors. American made juice fill cartos. Designed to work with Blu. I ordered on Wednesday night. It was shipped Thursday morning. When I emailed them. One of the owners got right back to me. If you want to check them out. Try the discount code CHECKOUT50 on your first order. For $20 including shipping. I got three 5 packs of different flavors. It will be here on Monday. I'll post a review in that section, after sampling them.

4. kirk359

kirk359 Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Dallas
    I just received my Premium 100 kit a few days ago, and while I love that the batteries last longer and I get much bigger draws from the cartomizers, I noticed that it doesn't work exactly as advertised. The website and information from Blu says the PCC can charge the batteries up to 9 times before needed to be recharged. I get about 6-7 before the blue lights starting flashing on the PCC telling me it needs to be plugged in.
    Also I noticed the 100 batteries take about 1.5 hrs to charge in the PCC, and the red lights on the side of the PCC are always cycling; even after the battery is fully charged. For example, the lights go out after 1.5 hrs indicating the spare battery is charged up. a little later on, I'll open the PCC to pull our my other Blu battery to vape and close the pack. Then the PCC starts cycling the red battery lights again for about 10-15 minutes even though the spare battery should be fully charged after 1.5 hrs of cycling.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Where the PCC takes double the advertised '45 minutes' mentioned on the website to charge the premium 100 batteries? And have you noticed that your PCC is always cycling the red battery lights everytime you open and reshut the case? Don't get me wrong, the batteries themselves last me between 80-100 puffs which I figure is about par with what was advertised. But I can't help but feel that the PCC would last longer on a single charge if it took only the 45 minutes advertised time to charge the 100 batteries, and the PCC would probably be able to do 9 full recharges of the Blu bats instead of the 6-7 that I'm getting.

It's still a great product though. I just needed to ask since I cannot find ANY info online that confirms my experiences as either normal or the product of faulty hardware. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

5. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    The exact same thing happens with my PCC.
    I found it's good for about 6 cycles, before needing a charge.
    Batteries usually charge in about an hour or so.
    I get about 100 puffs until the blue lights flash.
    The only fiction that I have found.
    Their claim of 350 puffs, off the Premium 100 cartos.
    It seems more like 200.
    I have yet to recieve a bad cartridge in the mail.
    My batteries are holding up fine, after a few months of use.
    I also think it's weird, that it starts cycling again.
    Even when the spare is already charged.
    But I have found it's impossible, to overcharge the batteries or PCC.
    I have used the USB charger, with my android wall & car chargers.
    Charged much faster than the PCC or computer port.
    Blu says they don't recommend doing that.
    But it works & they don't make a car charger or dedicated wall charger. The PCC is brilliant. But I always turn off the social features.
    What's the point? Since the Premium 100 carts, are only available online. Blu says that you can use the regular carts. They do fit and technically work. But for $15 a box @ Walgreens + tax. It seems like a ripoff. People who complain about bad cartridges, have usually bought them from a retailer. Who knows how long they've been sitting on the shelf? Since they're smaller, you might get 100 puffs?

6. TTK

TTK Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN
    You need to learn how to refill the Blu cartos with your own smoke juice. That will give you more and cheaper options than continuing to buy the prefilled cartos. You can also use regular 510 cartomizers on the Blu batteries. Just be careful and not get smoke juice down the battery hole where the cartomizer screws onto battery. Also, be careful using ANYTHING other than a Blu charger, either PCC or plug-in, because they are reverse polarity to other ecigs.At least they have been in the past with the shorter Blu batteries; not certain about the 100s.

7. kirk359

kirk359 Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Dallas
    I too refill my Blu 100 carts with juice I got from Johnson Creek. They are the same guys that make juice for Blu. While they say the Blu flavors are proprietary blends made for Blu only, I found their Rainier to be close to cherry crush and the Tenesse Cured close to Blu's classic tobacco. Plus the all VG blends work great with the Blu carts and refilling since that's the same consistency and blend used with the original juice inside them. I was wasting money buying profiles carts for my Premium 100 that lasted maybe 150-175 puffs and was going through 2-3 a day. Now I pay $8 for enough juice to fill 15 carts and they even last longer refilling them. I fill a cherry crush cart with about 1-1.3 mls of Rainier juice and get about 250-300 puffs on it before it needs refilling. Once you know how to do it, it is really easy and saves you a lot of money.

FYI I found that standard 510 stainless cartomizers (come 5 to a pack for about $7) from a brand called SGS work great and fit the Blu 100 perfectly. They hold up well to refilling 7-8 times before petering out.

I'll have to try charging my batteries with through the USB charger on an extra iPhone wall plug I have and see if that is faster. You are right about the slow charge time via USB on a computer port. Could be because the computer ports can't handle too much power passing through at once since they were designed for low power consumption computer devices?

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the never ending battery cycling PCC. It still works great, but just wished the charge time was closer to the advertised 45 minutes. I have not had my other battery run out BEFORE the new one was ready in the charge port though yet. That I think is a testament to how many more puffs the 100 gets to the Blu original mini. With my mini I would kill both batteries in less than 30 minutes and then have to wait almost an hour while both charged up before I could cape again.

Why does Blu even bother with the Mini's anymore? They should just carry the 100 and a lot of people's complaints would be solved I think. Thanks for the feedback ya'll.

8. kirk359

kirk359 Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Dallas
    Oh and I hate my iPhones auto correct feature. I assume everyone can figure out what I meant in those cases where it switched my words around. Thanks apple.

9. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    I posted about this in another thread.
    I asked Jason Healy, Blu's President.
    The very same question. Friday on Twitter.
    Told him he should dump his original kits on Groupon.
    Just like most vendors do with their dinosaurs.
    He said that that wouldn't make any sense.
    They constantly sell out of original kits @ full price.
    You can't really blame them.
    It cost me $80 for the 100 kit. Why anyone would spend $20 less?
    For something not even half as good is beyond me. I guess they don't know any better. Or they used to smoke Basics?

10. TTK

TTK Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN
    Some people just prefer the smaller battery. And if they are selling all of them, who can argue? It is small, about the same size as NJOY King and about 90 mah, the same as the Joyetech Eroll, I believe. Yes, they have to recharge more frequently, but it recharges in about 30 minutes.

11. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    I think it is a king of minis. I'm very satisfied with mine.

12. dragnz

dragnz Full Member

Mar 12, 2013
    North Carolina
    I was thinking about going with the Blu 100, but I went with Green Smoke long batteries. I will see how well they last compared to the what you are saying about the Blu 100 once it arrives in the mail this week. One of the drawbacks to the Blu 100 for me were that the cartridges weren't available at a store, but after reading this, I see that buying them at a retail store isn't the best idea anyway.

13. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    I checked out the Green Smoke website.
    I noticed a few things:
    Their cartridges are $18 for a 5 pack.
    If you want to save money, they push their auto refill program.
    They only sell 3 flavors, that are not tobacco or menthol.
    Since their batteries are not 510 threaded.
    Finding better refill options will be more difficult.
    And the biggest issue of all:
    They don't have a PCC!

I had a similar brand as my first kit: South Beach Smoke.
    I only paid $24 for it on Groupon.
    Having to look for an outlet on the go sucked.
    Smokeless Image Volt uses a similar battery.
    Their refills are half the price of Green Smoke.
    They include a PCC with their starter kit.

I love my Premium 100.
    But if I were starting from scratch.
    I would buy the Volt as my first kit.
    You were smart to avoid the store bought Blu kit.
    The cartridges are usually stale.
    Buying online is the only way to go.

I also noticed Green Smoke is offering a free kit.
    To anyone who is a current e cig user.
    I might take them up on that.
    I'm sure their flavors taste good.
    Never had a problem with South Beach.
    Any company that wants you to enroll in auto refill.
    In order to get a fair price for cartridges.
    Is trying to take advantage of new vapers.
    That's why I moved along from South Beach.
    Green Smoke can give me a free kit.
    I'll pass it along to someone else.
    Please post again when your kit arrives.
    I know that Green Smoke is a popular brand.
    Would like to hear your opinion.

14. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    What is Blu's voltage? Its unregulated isn't it?
    I've been using my VOLT batteries all day long, only had to grab the 2nd off the charger once.
    I have the 65mm batteries from smokelessimage.

From what I've read, I believe they are actually regulated at 3.7 volts.
    Its either 3.7 or 3.4 volts. Regulated. That means the voltage doesnt drop as the bats lose charge.
    With this 2ohm super shorty 808 cartomizer and 18mg juice, its perfect. Great vape.

The Blu batteries are nice, but I don't think they are regulated.
    With the Volt PCC you get everything you get with the blu, cheaper, and they are regulated bats.
    Plus you can customize the color with any color in the spectrum, for free. & auto/manual choice.
    The only weird thing about the Volts is that they are 808D, not 510. So you need 808D cartos.
    I bought an 808D to 510 adapter but it doesn't work with my auto batteries.

But yeah, these batteries are great. I have NOT tried the Blu. I've always wanted to.
    But I've tried the regular unregulated 510s, which, that IS the blu, right?
    They left me wanting more than a couple times.
    I don't like that they are so small and unregulated. They drain way too fast.
    The eRoll is supposedly regulated at 3.7 volts too, and its a tiny 90mah bat.
    So I'd have to guess the eRoll is on par with the Volt batteries, in a smaller package.
    With a PCC, it doesn't really matter that they are only 90 mah though.
    They could be 10mah and last 30 hits, as long as they are regulated & w/a PCC.
    And the eRoll PCC is drop-in, so you don't have to screw it in every time.

15. djbeckett

djbeckett Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I cannot let this go: I started with a similar unit (the Elusion) two years ago. $89.00 for a starter kit! I actually bought a blu during my "dumb" period. Worthless......

Blu users, they work nothing like an ego-t kit ($50.00). Just compare the batteries, the ego-t is 3x bigger. That means it gets hotter, makes better smoke and costs much less. I spent a bunch of money on these puny units; don't waste your time. Here's one site to get an ego-t Http://www.azsmokefree.com They even throw in a free bottle of liquid!!
    Really, I learned the hard way. No telling how many hundreds of dollars I spent. $15.00 tops for a bottle of e-liquid, that lasts two smokers one-two

weeks. The blue "value" pack is $12.00, last a day or two of heavy use, and barely makes any smoke.

Guess which battery is the blu!

lottery 039.jpg

16. djbeckett

Oct 31, 2010
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    HEY! Read the agreement terms. Most all sites that offer free kits count on you not reading the terms, conditions or sales agreement. Nearly every one, within their contract say that when you get your "free unit", after x amount of days you agree to pay for more product!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are puny, high-dollar!!!!!!!!!

17. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    People always seem to confuse the Blu Premium 100, with their smaller batteries. Blu bats are 220 mah & 3.7 volts.
    They run a bit hotter off the charger. If you use the PCC, it only charges them about 80%. It seems to keep the voltage level more consistent.
    I've used other carts on them. The only ones that burnt were from Volcano. Volcano is selling all of their prefilled cartos in their clearance rack. Their electronics are good, but their cartos totally suck. Makes sense that they're dumping them off.
    I found out the hard way.

I think the Volt is a great setup. I bought a backup mini kit from Jet.
    It's basically the same as a Blu Premium battery.
    Like I said before; If I were starting from scratch I would buy a Volt.
    It has high end features for a mini. The bats are sealed, which is unheard of for an auto. That's huge if you want to refill.

I use my Johnson Creek Vea at home. It produces huge clouds of vapor. The cartomizers are designed to be refilled with JC juice.
    But using a larger setup is not practical at work.

I don't think you can go wrong buying a Volt or Blu 100.
    Blu gets a bad rap because they still sell their original kit.
    We all know that it sucks.

Smokeless Image really does it right.
    They sell one exceptional mini.
    Their cartridges are cheaper than anyone else.
    The only thing I noticed was the 3 month warranty.
    Most vendors even Blu, give you a year on all electronics.

18. djbeckett

Oct 31, 2010
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I'll never be fooled again with these, regardless of the claims. Weak, Weak. Why would you want a light on the end? To help run down the tiny battery. I am not trying to step on anyones toes, I've used these units........:)

19. ilovehugehits

ilovehugehits Moved On

Jan 28, 2013
    Minnesota
    The big deal about the blue light.
    Is when you're out in public; people know exactly what it is.
    Some people like using a mini when out.
    Most of us also own better gear.
    If I'm driving and get stopped.
    Cops won't ask me, what the hell is that thing?

20. dragnz

dragnz Full Member

Mar 12, 2013
    North Carolina
    I will post in the New members forum since this is a Blu sub thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.