Blu pulled me in. Shocking, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchova

Jul 13, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
For all the flack that company gets around here, it is worth noting how they are expanding the community :p

Anyways, I was disappointed to get the email from Blu saying I was on backlog. I looked around some and found this place, where I learned that not only was the backlog going to be twice as long as advertised, but that I would be getting a piece of **** when the wait was finally over. So I canceled my order.

It's a coming of age for this generation of e-smokers.

Now I'm lost in a sea of alternative brands. The 501's seem decent, the M402's seem okay, it seems alot of these things break relatively regularly and I'm going to miss the Blu charger pack idea.

So...

What should I buy?

How long does a cart usually last?

How long does a charge usually last?

Is this going to be a huge pain in the ...?

Thanks in advance for the help. This is a fantastic forum with some extremely knowledgeable and generous members, and I look forward to spending some time here.

demorphius

Jul 11, 2009
Miami, FL
Man, I almost did that mistake.. But then i found this place..

I just ordered my ecig from MidwestVapor, and I got the one I thought looked the most similar to the blu, which was the m401 which i've read very good things on. I can't tell you how it performs because it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered mine this Friday.

Only advice i can give is look around a lot here. There's a video thread here, too that you deffinitely need to watch. ^ ^ Very very helpful.

camidaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
A, A
www.facebook.com
I received my 510 last Friday from Innovapor. This is my 1st experience using it and I have to tell you, *decent* is not the right word...how about FRACKIN AWESOME? I have been working on the laptop all weekend and have been vaping away day and night. Absolutely loving this thing. Today was my 1st day without an analog so I'm pumped about that as well.

Can't comment on the M401 but I have one coming from True Smoker sometime next week. Very pleased with the communication from JD there so he would be highly recommended as well and I will be ordering from him again.

The 510 has a PCC (personal charger) so battery life shouldn't be an issue there.

A pain in the rear? That depends on how you look at things...I personally don't miss the smell on my clothes, in my truck, in the elevator at work, etc. I'll gladly deal with the electronics in exchange for not dealing with that.

camidaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
A, A
www.facebook.com
I fell for the Smoke51 brand that was being sold locally. I wasted over $100 on their junk. I don't regret it though, because without it, I wouldn't have found this site. There are very good brands out there. I have found a brand that I like, and it has kept me free of analogs since the beginning of April.

Have to agree with you there. I did the same and still have/use their product. If the batteries were better and the dang carts not so expensive, they could sell the hell out of them without the markup and have a bunch of happy customers. Great vapor, nice throat hit, crappy battery and cart life, too expensive.

But yes, thanks to them, I'm here and no longer smoking. My kids will thank them forever for that...

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I'm still a noob but I tried to help.
I'm not a dripper, or dipper, or juice collector, mixer, modder or tweaker, I just smoke the dang things.. ah hm.. excuse me, VAPE the dang things..
The 501's seem decent, the M402's seem okay, it seems alot of these things break relatively regularly and I'm going to miss the Blu charger pack idea.
You can get a charger pack for others, like the 510 and the same charger also works with the 4081 (Npro)

So...
What should I buy?
Cant say which one to buy, I guess depends on what YOU want to get out of it. I like the 510 sometimes, but it's not my favorite, my favorite is the Npro cause of the 12 mo warranty, and supplies are readily available locally 24 hours a day. Expensive yes, but worth it in convenience IMO.

How long does a cart usually last?
In the month I've been vaping I average 4-5 carts a day with the Njoy.
510 a little more, don't know why.

How long does a charge usually last?
I usually need to change the battery on the 3rd cart with the Npro, but with the PCC charger case, the battery lasts all day.
510 seems about the same if I use it all day.

Is this going to be a huge pain in the ...?
Yes

Last edited:

Anchova

Jul 13, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
Thanks for all the quick replies. The video section and RJ's notes have helped me narrow things down.

Basically, I want to throw the thing on the charger at night with my cell and grab it when I wake up. I realize now that most of the "minis" will not accommodate this sort of lifestyle. I'm starting to think a pen cig will be in order.

Of course, I want a good plume and a decent throat hit. That goes without saying.

I want a cart that can last a day, maybe half a day at the least.

Am I asking too much, or does such a product exist?

Thanks again :)

I think the best question when it comes to cart life is how much do you smoke now, will you be able to not vape non stop, and have you considered carrying a 3ml bottle with you.

The reason i say this is the cart life on my NR4180 is about ..well...crap. The cart life on pen styles is obviously much better, seeing as they are larger and have a larger cart. But i really dont see a cart lasting an entire day for a pack a day smoker. If you carry a small bottle of juice with you, you can actually just top off here and there as needed, and be alright. You should probably also consider getting 2 spare batteries....one to make sure you last through the day, another to be backup and/or if you have to work overtime. I dont have a PCC, but im told they solve the battery problems pretty well. To my understanding most of them can recharge yer PV about 4 times. So really, all you need is to get yourself a PCC and a 3ml bottle to hold your juice in and it wont matter which style you decide on.

Just my 2cents

Anchova

Jul 13, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
Totally agree.

Those little 3ml bottles are freaking awesome.
And using them is no harder than taking out a cigarette and a lighter.

Except disassembling a plastic cigarette and dripping crap into the ..... Idk, that part seems like it would be a pain in the ....

Alright, I'm just going to throw it out there and order something today. Still not sure what, shuffling through some reviews. You guys have been great! If you have a favorite smoke, don't be shy about it.

Also, I smoke Marlboro Lights, half a pack to a pack a day. I can avoid vaping non-stop, I would be cutting it up into cigarette portions to moderate myself. If I can't find a cart at all that will last all day, I'll be carrying filled carts with me, as it seems refilling on the go would be a huge pain in the ....

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I really don't consider the Blu a piece of ****.

In addition to the Blu, I have a SD, 510, 901, 801, 401, VX2, 4072, and some unknown mall mini.
Awaiting the JSv2.

They all have their time and place.
The 401 is my least favorite so far.

Just glad I didn't wait for the Blu to begin my vaping experience.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If I can't find a cart at all that will last all day, I'll be carrying filled carts with me, as it seems refilling on the go would be a huge pain in the ....
You greatly overestimate how hard it is to top off a cartridge.
Of course, that assumes you have a model that has a cartridge that is easy to put drops on.

Some cartridges are recessed, and putting a few drops to top those off would kinda suck.

But bringing a few extra cartridges with you will certainly work.
I think in the end it will be far more work than just topping off the same one.

I would consider them about the same amount of work.
Except when you factor in that you have to refill them so much more frequently.

Topping off is refilling only one cartridge each night for use the next day.
Bringing a few cartridges is refilling a few cartridges each night for use the next day.

Last edited:

motorcity57

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I'M RIGHT HERE
started my vape with the dse901 with auto battery, then bought manual batterys. as a noob i found the 901 to be an easy device to use with great performance. lots of vapor & throat hit, nice size. many suppliers. if a new vaper asks me what to start with , i tell them start with the 901. after that you will know what vaping is all about

Shop around first. Take your time. The most important thing is finding what you really really want. Not what someone else tells you to get. We all have suggestions on webpages and kits. I'd tell you to get a 510 indy kit from www.innovapor.com ....someone else might tell you to get a 510 from another site like Widow.com. It's all about what you are comfortable with. If you are happy with your buy you'll be a lot happier with your product when you get it. There is a huge list of trusted vendors on this forum. Pick whats best for you.

Take your time, and take it one step at a time. See what comes in each companies kit, and compare the prices.....find the best prices, and find what you think will suit you. If you narrow it down and want some more advice, gimme a PM....i check these forums a lot, i'll try to help you make a well informed decision, but ultimately it's your choice.

Last edited:

Harry Seldon

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Michigan
I would suggest a 510 from innovapor they have one of the cheapest introduction kits. It only come with one battery and one atomizer but it is great if you just want to see if you like it. I just got mine last Wednesday and it sure beats my dse084. Just ordered their recharge kit and some more liquid today. It comes with ecopure liquid which is VG based and I hear that makes more vapor than PG. I think it kind of tastes like marsh mellows.

I've only known about e-cigs for about 2 weeks now so take my advice for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread