Blu vs. Duo Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Paranoid

Feb 1, 2010
Waterford, MI
I've been smoking the Blu brand for a few months now, and although I enjoy the e-smoking so far, I find that the batteries don't last long enough to suit me and the cartridges burn out pretty fast. I did some searching online and found the Duo Pro model from Electronic Cigarettes, Inc. They claim that one battery can last up to 24 hours before a recharge and the cartridges last three times as long as the Blu brand. Also, I like the fact that the atomizer is built into the cartridge; I have burned out two Blu atomizers already :(.

Does anyone have knowledge of the Duo Pro product or can make a recommendation? I basically want long battery life, long lasting cartridges and good "throat feel". These are almost more important aspects than cost, really. Thanks!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I see that their Duo Pro is a cartomizer*-based e-cig. I'm not sure whether it is the E9 model or the better known Kr8. In either case, the cartomizers will last longer longer than a Blu cartridge. The Kr8 battery (280 mAh) is longer lasting than most, however it will not last 24 hours before needing recharge (unless you take about 2 puffs per hour).

* cartomizer = integrated cartridge and atomizer, unlike the Blu (and most e-cig models, which have separate cartridge and atomizer). It is an increasingly popular concept in e-cigs.

There are many excellent e-cig models to choose from. I think that the Kr8 is a very good choice, based on your criteria of: battery life, longer-lasting carts, and what we call throat hit.

You found your way to ECF. The least we can do is guide you to some trusted suppliers. The Kr8 model is sold by myriad suppliers and under several brand names, including: NHaler (KR808D-1), Vapor4Life (Vapor King), PureSmoker (Ace), CigEasy (Easy), GoodProphets (VapoRite), LeCig (D1), and VaporKings (KR808D-1). Those are just the ones I've dealt with.

Compare any of their prices with the supplier you mentioned, prior to making a purchasing decision.

And welcome to ECF, Johnny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread