The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Blue ATTY Aluminum ecig, anybody got it yet?

Discussion in 'FastTech' started by cadman, Aug 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cadman

cadman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
  2. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    The purple one I ordered will be here on Tuesday. If I like it I'll probably order the blue one too. I really wish they came in 18500 mode so I could Kick it without it being really big.

Let us know when you get yours ;)

3. cadman

Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Status as of today, actually placed the order on Aug. 02. At least it is moving... :)

shipped.jpg

4. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Mine's out for delivery today - should be here shortly :) I ordered it on Aug. 2 also. Go figure! Maybe the blue one is a lot more popular?

5. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    It's here - it's nice.

I've tried it with an AW 18350 button top and it works fine with no rattle at all. It's very light weight with no flaws on the finish. The fire button can be adjusted for a super short throw to a super long throw (or anything in between) just by how much you unscrew it. It's fairly smooth but a tiny bit gritty (I'm picky), which I'm sure will be solved with some Noalox. The threads on the battery tube are smooth and there is a vent hole.

Unlike a review I read, there seems to be enough space between the negative screw and the post on this one, though not much. The screws are slot-style. It will support it's own weight with a battery installed (and a full tank of juice I'm sure) without having to close the fire button which I really like.

I wish the tank was removable and there is a funny little well in the bottom of it that I'm not sure I like, but we'll see. The air hole is very small and offers practically no draw at all but that's an easy fix, especially with aluminum. The wick hole seems average and adequate. The cap fits well, as does the drip tip. The coil is cr@p but with a good rinse and a quick new wrap it should be fine.

So far, I'm glad I bought it and think its worth the $$$. If it vapes okay I'm going to buy the blue one too ;) I'll let you know...

ETS: I haven't filled it with juice yet but I have been dry firing it and it hits every time.

6. cadman

Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the review, ha, it makes me even more impatient.

7. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
  8. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Seriously - I feel your pain. I'm waiting for an Omega that doesn't even ship till September 6 - sigh.

ETS - besides, you've got that big comfy chair to relax in while you wait. Take a nap and it will be here before you know it! :vapor:

9. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    So I took it apart, gave it a good clean, wrapped it with a 1.3ohm (my kanthal, their wick) coil and it hits like that mean boy in the school yard. Nothing on the deck is very good quality but for the $$$ its great. You will luv it!

Yes, I'm going to order the blue one :thumb: Tag - your it!

10. cadman

Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Got mine in today, like you I not real confident in the wicks that come with it. I made new 1.2Ω wick and slapped it in there, you are right "it hits like that mean boy in the school yard" :laugh:

I really like the size of it.

I wish the button had a hard stop on it, other than that I am satisfied.

vape.jpg atty.jpg

11. Snapdragon

Feb 11, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Looks great! I'm so glad you like it. :toast: Now, are you going to get a purple one?

12. cadman

Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I don't think so, I have the Rainbow Heaven hybrid from a Vaportek pre-order and a RBA for the Reo Grand coming this weekend, so I should have enough to keep me busy for a while....

This little hybrid is pretty nice. Everyone comments on how bad it is that China is cloning everything, this little clone makes me want to buy the real thing. I think it is a good thing to be able try a hybrid without having to spend real HYBRID dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.