• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Blue ATTY Aluminum ecig, anybody got it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Anybody received the blue atty ecig yet (or the purple one)? If so, how do you like it? I have one on order, but, it it stays in restocking status.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420402

1420402-1.jpg

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It's here - it's nice.

I've tried it with an AW 18350 button top and it works fine with no rattle at all. It's very light weight with no flaws on the finish. The fire button can be adjusted for a super short throw to a super long throw (or anything in between) just by how much you unscrew it. It's fairly smooth but a tiny bit gritty (I'm picky), which I'm sure will be solved with some Noalox. The threads on the battery tube are smooth and there is a vent hole.

Unlike a review I read, there seems to be enough space between the negative screw and the post on this one, though not much. The screws are slot-style. It will support it's own weight with a battery installed (and a full tank of juice I'm sure) without having to close the fire button which I really like.

I wish the tank was removable and there is a funny little well in the bottom of it that I'm not sure I like, but we'll see. The air hole is very small and offers practically no draw at all but that's an easy fix, especially with aluminum. The wick hole seems average and adequate. The cap fits well, as does the drip tip. The coil is cr@p but with a good rinse and a quick new wrap it should be fine.

So far, I'm glad I bought it and think its worth the $$$. If it vapes okay I'm going to buy the blue one too ;) I'll let you know...

ETS: I haven't filled it with juice yet but I have been dry firing it and it hits every time.

Last edited:

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
It's here - it's nice.

I've tried it with an AW 18350 button top and it works fine with no rattle at all. It's very light weight with no flaws on the finish. The fire button can be adjusted for a super short throw to a super long throw (or anything in between) just by how much you unscrew it. It's fairly smooth but a tiny bit gritty (I'm picky), which I'm sure will be solved with some Noalox. The threads on the battery tube are smooth and there is a vent hole.

Unlike a review I read, there seems to be enough space between the negative screw and the post on this one, though not much. The screws are slot-style. It will support it's own weight with a battery installed (and a full tank of juice I'm sure) without having to close the fire button which I really like.

I wish the tank was removable and there is a funny little well in the bottom of it that I'm not sure I like, but we'll see. The air hole is very small and offers practically no draw at all but that's an easy fix, especially with aluminum. The wick hole seems average and adequate. The cap fits well, as does the drip tip. The coil is cr@p but with a good rinse and a quick new wrap it should be fine.

So far, I'm glad I bought it and think its worth the $$$. If it vapes okay I'm going to buy the blue one too ;) I'll let you know...

ETS: I haven't filled it with juice yet but I have been dry firing it and it hits every time.

Thanks for the review, ha, it makes me even more impatient.

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
So I took it apart, gave it a good clean, wrapped it with a 1.3ohm (my kanthal, their wick) coil and it hits like that mean boy in the school yard. Nothing on the deck is very good quality but for the $$$ its great. You will luv it!

Yes, I'm going to order the blue one :thumb: Tag - your it!

Got mine in today, like you I not real confident in the wicks that come with it. I made new 1.2Ω wick and slapped it in there, you are right "it hits like that mean boy in the school yard" :laugh:

I really like the size of it.

I wish the button had a hard stop on it, other than that I am satisfied.

vape.jpg atty.jpg

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Looks great! I'm so glad you like it. :toast: Now, are you going to get a purple one?

I don't think so, I have the Rainbow Heaven hybrid from a Vaportek pre-order and a RBA for the Reo Grand coming this weekend, so I should have enough to keep me busy for a while....

This little hybrid is pretty nice. Everyone comments on how bad it is that China is cloning everything, this little clone makes me want to buy the real thing. I think it is a good thing to be able try a hybrid without having to spend real HYBRID dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread