Blue Foam Tip - This WORKS for a tastier vape !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read today on the forum about a fellow that swore he got occasional bad taste with the blue foam and he said it was because the foam plug was not sitting low enough inside the cartridge. He was right!! I AGREE about a bad taste sometimes with the blue foam too high. I kept occasionally getting a bad taste as well and I had always kept the top of the blue foam even with the edge of the cart. I use the straw mod as well to keep the blue foam from sinking in too low in the cart - So I pulled the straw support out of the cart and trimmed it with scissors so that now the blue foam plug sits lower (about an 1/8" BELOW the lip of the cart and LIGHTLY touches the bridge. Things are TASTY now. Never a foul taste after making that change.

I've always noticed that with the blue foam mod installed that my 510 atomizer used to get much hotter to the touch than with the stock filler and a stock 510 cartridge - I didn't know why but it did get very hot - So much so that to cool it I even licked the outside of the atomizer case to cool things down occasionally (Does any one else do that!) and it's my theory that when the blue foam is smashed too hard against the bridge of the atomizer it starts filling the gap along the sides of the bridge and almost encapsulates the bridge allowing the bridge to super heat and contrary to some reports this blue foam does give out a bad taste when super heated while squished down the sides of the atomizer bridge close to the element!

The blue foam mod WITH the straw mod is the best way I've found to vape next to dripping. And when the blue foam is adjusted properly so that it LIGHTLY presses against the top of the bridge consistantly it ALWAYS taste great. It does have to TOUCH the bridge but LIGHTLY !!!

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I use the blue foam too, and I don't use any straw at all anymore. I used to, but I found It wsn't needed and just took up space in the cart that I could use to get in a few more drops of juice when refilling. I use an 801 type atty and just cut a .5'' square piece of foam to plug the end of the cart. No burnt taste, and the atty pushes the foam in to the correct level when it's inserted. Almost never have any problems like leaking or juice in mouth, except if I am careless or in a hurry when setting it up.

Thanks KDK - I used to do exactly the same but FOR ME the straw and a SMALLER piece of blue foam than most folks use seems to work best as I can always keep the top of the blue foam seated firmly against the straw and maintain the blue foam EXACTLY 1/8" below the level of the lip of the cart and apply exact consistant light pressure against only the top of the bridge in the atomizer. Even with the straw the cart holds much more liquid than with a standard stock cart! It certainly works fine without the straw but the straw seems to add a bit more precision to the mix.

kornesque

Mar 27, 2011
Portsmouth VA, USA
Lady M, with an empty cart, just cut a piece of drinking straw (the diameter depends on the cart style, I use regular size ones from the grocery store) so that it will fit inside the cart and provide a surface for the foam plug to rest on. The goal is to have the length of the straw right to keep the foam plug at the right level to provide the minimum contact necessary with the bridge. Anecdotal evidence suggests it is desirable to have the atty bridge slightly (read: noticeably) depress the foam plug.

Another consideration is plug size - too dense and the atty will run dry from lack of wickage, too loose and leakage will occur. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread