Bluemist - 16 days, 16 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
What a great way to start off the new year, a fresh pack of atty's and 16 new samples to try from Bluemist. This is my first time using them, still kind of bummed that I ran out of places to find Rath Vanilla (I miss it so). Thanks to BMV for the fast shipping.
All the flavors are regular strength, 16mg, 100% VG
I'm going to try one a day, vape it throughout the day, and make my report at the end. Here's hoping for the best!

Day 1 - Maple Bacon
Bad first day. Not sure what they were going for, but the end product tasted neither like maple nor bacon. If I had to label it...it tastes more like smoked pork, definitely not what I wanted. Good vapor production though, and I'll probably give it a week and try it again just to see if it ages into something better.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Reggaegeek, out of the 16 bottles about half of them have a pink/red hue, 2 of them are dark brown, and the rest are clear.

Day 2 - Orange Smoothie
I really liked this one. First taste I thought it was tangerine, and there was just a slight medicine after taste, but by mid day I couldn't taste either any more. It's more like orange sherbert, with a slight raspberry tart, almost citrus after taste. Vapor production is on the higher side of medium, and this batch gives no throat hit to speak of, but it does taste good. I'd like to see what it tastes like with the extra flavor added. I loved orange sherbert as a kid, so this one is a winner for me.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Wow, late one tonight. I got caught up in a few games of Last Night on Earth, great board game fyi.
Freakystylie, thanks! I've never written a blog, always stuck to spec scripts for movies and comic books, but I should probably start one.

Day 3 - Coconut Cream
I should preface this with the fact that I don't generally like coconut, and was just trying to fill the last three spots on my third sample order. I'm glad this was one of them. Very subtle flavor with a great lingering taste, reminds me of a frozen coconut shaving ice cream or popsicles I had as a kid. I don't even think the extra flavoring would do anything to help it. Great flavor, sadly no throat hit, only medium vapor production.

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
seems odd that you've found one liquid to have "good vapor production," one to be on the "high side of medium," and a third to have "only medium vapor production." If they are the same base, especially being VG, and you are using the same device/atty combo, the vapor production amongst them should be the same. As far as I know, flavor has no impact on vapor production. At 100% VG, you should be getting consistently great vapor, unless you are having equipment issues, like a weak atty or dying battery.
Also, you mentioned they have "no throat hit." That's kinda what you're asking for when you get 100% VG. Aside from some flavors, such as menthol, clove, cinnamon, and many tobaccos, 100% VG liquids are going to be lacking in throat hit. Though I never tried this myself, a little PGA supposedly goes a long way in adding TH.

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
seems odd that you've found one liquid to have "good vapor production," one to be on the "high side of medium," and a third to have "only medium vapor production." If they are the same base, especially being VG, and you are using the same device/atty combo, the vapor production amongst them should be the same. As far as I know, flavor has no impact on vapor production. At 100% VG, you should be getting consistently great vapor, unless you are having equipment issues, like a weak atty or dying battery.

Actually, very few flavorings are in a VG base. Most flavorings use a PG base and/or alcohol. Depending on the amount of flavoring used in each formula it can add quite a bit of PG to the mix, easily 10-15%. Unless BM is having special flavors created in a VG base of course, which is doubtful.

Also, you mentioned they have "no throat hit." That's kinda what you're asking for when you get 100% VG. Aside from some flavors, such as menthol, clove, cinnamon, and many tobaccos, 100% VG liquids are going to be lacking in throat hit. Though I never tried this myself, a little PGA supposedly goes a long way in adding TH.

Again, not quite exactly....while a VG base may not characteristically provide quite as strong a TH as pure PG. Saying a VG-based liquid will have no TH simply is not the case. Again there are many aspects of a formula that adds or alters the TH such as alcohol in flavorings, PG in flavorings, acids and or oils in the essentials....

Last edited:

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Venkman, I just call it like I see it at the time. I used Rath waffle, french toast, and vanilla for a long time and I got different throat hits with each order. Now maybe that means it wasn't real Rath, or wasn't 100% VG, and I don't remember the vapor production differences because I wasn't really paying attention to them. I'm not a vape connoisseur or a professional critic, I'm just making note of the things that I would want to know before I place an order.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Day 4 - Mango Madness
I've only ever eaten a handful of mangos in my time, but this is exactly how I remember them tasting. A tasty flavor indeed, not too sweet, not too subtle, but this one doesn't seem to leave any sort of aftertaste. Good vapor production, and (I swear Venkman, purely coincidental timing) a small throat hit. I should also note that this is purely mango, I can't taste any other flavors, so don't get this if you want a fruit medley type of vape.

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
livethechoice, I wasn't tryin to knock your reviews. I like the 16 days, 16 reviews idea, and your reviews are well written. I was just commenting on what seemed odd to me.

reggaegeek, i'm aware that most flavorings are not in a VG base. When I said 100% VG, I was talking about 100% VG base, as offered on bluemist...as the OP was talking about. I'm also aware that there are other factors involved in TH besides PG/VG. In fact, I believe I even noted some flavors that tend to have strong TH. And i've certainly had other flavors with strong TH, from which I wouldn't have expected it...a peanut butter i had from another vendor had some serious TH. However, as I said, "100% VG liquids are going to be lacking in throat it." If you compare two samples of the same flavor liquid, from the same vendor, one being all VG and one being all PG, you will get more TH with the all PG.

livethechoice, my apologies for de-railing your thread. I like what you're doing here, and I don't want to disrupt it.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
Great review thread. I'll be following this too since I've made several purchases from BMV.

@ venkman and raggaegeek, I think you're both right in what you're saying. I have about 10 different flavors from BMV, all of which are 80/20 PG/VG at 24mg nic. Some of the juices have a nice strong TH and thick vapor while others are rather weak. Given that all the bases are the same, there must be a component in the flavoring that is contributing to the TH and vapor production. All their juices that I've tried thus far have had great flavor though.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Venkman, it's all good. Epic name btw, my good friend has a dog named Winston, after the great Winston Zeddemore. We're both big Ghostbusters fans.

Kilgore, do it. The more reviews the better I say.

Day 5 - Pina Colada
I've only ever had a few pina coladas in my time (doesn't feel right if you're not in some tropical vacation spot), but this is pretty accurate. The best part is that it doesn't have the coma inducing sweetness of a virgin colada but instead tastes like it should have alcohol in it. good vapor production, no throat hit, and a slight coconut after taste. A good flavor, but I don't think I'll pick up any more, just not really a flavor I would feel like vaping on a random day. If you happen to love pina colada though I can't see how you can go wrong with this one.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Venkman, it's all good. Epic name btw, my good friend has a dog named Winston, after the great Winston Zeddemore. We're both big Ghostbusters fans.

Kilgore, do it. The more reviews the better I say.

Day 5 - Pina Colada
I've only ever had a few pina coladas in my time (doesn't feel right if you're not in some tropical vacation spot), but this is pretty accurate. The best part is that it doesn't have the coma inducing sweetness of a virgin colada but instead tastes like it should have alcohol in it. good vapor production, no throat hit, and a slight coconut after taste. A good flavor, but I don't think I'll pick up any more, just not really a flavor I would feel like vaping on a random day. If you happen to love pina colada though I can't see how you can go wrong with this one.

Oh no. I just got that stinking song out of my head from another post some months ago.

"If you like pina coladas . . . Gettin' caught in the rain . . . ."

I like pina coladas alright . . . but I agree, I just can't get into the vape.

Oh no. I just got that stinking song out of my head from another post some months ago.

"If you like pina coladas . . . Gettin' caught in the rain . . . ."

I like pina coladas alright . . . but I agree, I just can't get into the vape.

Lol, I agree though. I have tried a couple of pina colada juices, and its one I cant really do.

Live-
Awesome thread! I am looking forward to the rest of it. You are a brave soul for trying the maple bacon flavor... it sounds like it was pretty rough, did you really vape that all day?

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Live-
Awesome thread! I am looking forward to the rest of it. You are a brave soul for trying the maple bacon flavor... it sounds like it was pretty rough, did you really vape that all day?

Hahah, yeah and that was a long day. I kept waiting for it to get better, but it never really did. After that I'm glad that the rest of the flavors have so far been at least okay if not great

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Day 6 - Lemon Lime
Somewhere between a Sprite and a Hansen's Lemon-Lime soda. I don't know if I would call it zesty, certainly not tart, but you definitely know it's lemon-lime. Very much worth noting: I'm not sure if I had a bad batch, but this liquid had a very thin consistency and burned very quickly. I had to top off much more than usual, and my atty become almost too hot to touch. Also, and again this could be due to a bad batch, but the vapor production was mostly terrible. Big drags with little to show for it, but every once in a while a lot of vapor. No throat hit at all. All in all a good flavor if they can get the consistency right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread