BO or Hcigar Akso or Rofvape Peas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
Hello dear forum members,

as my BO doesn't fire one anymore, I am looking for a new device. I am thinking of buying a BO again cause I still have some pods, but I'd also like to try a new device.
I hope this is where you can help me :D - do you have the above mentioned devices and can say something about them?
BO is often said to be the best closed pod system and I liked it aswell. I could also refill the caps, although they leaked (I used 65% VG nic salt liquids). I also like the lifetime warranty they offer for the 2nd gen BOs. (does someone have the diamond BO and can make a picture maybe?)
About the Akso I've seen some praise out of the little information there is at the moment. It looks cool and I like the refilling aspect. But it takes some time to get. Flavour in there is apparently the best you can get out of a pod system because of a ceramic coil.
And there is the Rofvape Peas, which is like the Akso in the refilling aspect but 5€ cheaper. Charging port is on the device, which is great.

So: Which one would you take and why? Or did you have bad luck with one device? I would really appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
Drop them a mail. On their website they offer a kind of lifetime support.
Life Time Warranty | Bō Vaping
Already tried, you need a 'BO code' which is only included in generation 2 devices and my BO TC is generation 1 :/

Just to play devils advocate, these look interesting.

Pavinno

And if you want one of the best pod systems on the market, Lost Vape Orion DNA go. And it is a looker as well.

Because ask yourself a question, why is there a lifetime warranty on only the BO one and not the BO+?

As there has to be a catch somewhere.
The Pavinno looks a bit weird, it is also too thick for a pocket. The Lost Vape Orion DNA looks pretty cool, sadly it's out of my budget. Maybe someday :)

I guess they offer the lifetime warranty only for the normal BO, because they are mostly making money off the pods and it is twice as cheap as the BO+. So if they would replace a device, they wouldn't lose much.

I only want to focus on the above mentioned products, because of price and availabilty. So any input is welcome :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hello dear forum members,

as my BO doesn't fire one anymore, I am looking for a new device. I am thinking of buying a BO again cause I still have some pods, but I'd also like to try a new device.
I hope this is where you can help me :D - do you have the above mentioned devices and can say something about them?
BO is often said to be the best closed pod system and I liked it aswell. I could also refill the caps, although they leaked (I used 65% VG nic salt liquids). I also like the lifetime warranty they offer for the 2nd gen BOs. (does someone have the diamond BO and can make a picture maybe?)
About the Akso I've seen some praise out of the little information there is at the moment. It looks cool and I like the refilling aspect. But it takes some time to get. Flavour in there is apparently the best you can get out of a pod system because of a ceramic coil.
And there is the Rofvape Peas, which is like the Akso in the refilling aspect but 5€ cheaper. Charging port is on the device, which is great.

So: Which one would you take and why? Or did you have bad luck with one device? I would really appreciate any help.
I won an AKSO, and it's really nice. Be warned that it's a tight vape, but hits pretty well. I absolutely love the Ice Mint pod that came with it, and can't seem to find a juice like it. It's actually the only non-tobacco flavor I've ever liked. It's like a peppermint, with maybe a tiny touch of menthol, and tastes great refreshing and satisfying, but not candy sweet. The nutty tobacco is a little sweeter than I normally like, but it's not bad at all. I only wish pods were more readily available, and I'd use it more.

With pods, in the $20-$30 range, I don't really worry about a warranty. The batteries have a limited life cycle anyway, so I consider it disposable. If it fails, I'll just throw it away and move on to the next thing.
My problem is finding the pods - nobody seems to carry both the refillable and the prefilled. When I have time, I'm going to order more of the mint, and probably try the Classic Tobacco as well.

I've tried the Vaporesso Zero, but draw activation on it was too sensitive - you have to pull pretty hard to keep it activated. Innokin EQ is good too. I just got a Smok Nord - it's pretty good that you can replace the coil without replacing the whole pod, and hits nice. But true to Smok, the pod doesn't seem to fit extremely well - you kind of have to really push it in. I've had no problems with it, but haven't emptied the first pod yet.

Good luck!

Reactions: Izan

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
I won an AKSO, and it's really nice. Be warned that it's a tight vape, but hits pretty well. I absolutely love the Ice Mint pod that came with it, and can't seem to find a juice like it. It's actually the only non-tobacco flavor I've ever liked. It's like a peppermint, with maybe a tiny touch of menthol, and tastes great refreshing and satisfying, but not candy sweet. The nutty tobacco is a little sweeter than I normally like, but it's not bad at all. I only wish pods were more readily available, and I'd use it more.
I have seen refill pods for 9€ at aliexpress, however I can't find prefilled, where did you find those?
What do you mean by tight, the draw? You can't compare it to the BO, can you?
What colour do you have? I am inbetween grey and black.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have seen refill pods for 9€ at aliexpress, however I can't find prefilled, where did you find those?
What do you mean by tight, the draw? You can't compare it to the BO, can you?
What colour do you have? I am inbetween grey and black.
Just that you have to pull pretty hard - harder than a Juul, to vape it- small air intake. Sorry, but I haven't ever tried a BO. I have the blue. I'll say that it seems well made, and I enjoy it. But yes, hard to find the prefilled- they taste pretty great though, if you can find them.

Reactions: Vapeianic

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
I won an AKSO, and it's really nice. Be warned that it's a tight vape, but hits pretty well.
So my Akso OS arrived today and it really has tight draw as you said.

My BO is way airier, which I like more. Is there a way to loosen the draw of the Akso with drilling a hole or so? I couldn't find one like my BO has... I have only seen holes in the pods. Also the prefilled pods are even tighter than the refillable ones and the holes in the pods are smaller. There are smiliar things to a hole on the side of the device, like little dents, but they aren't drilled through and when I put my finger on them the draw doesn't get tighter. So I guess they are for holding the pods.
So, is there a way to loosen the draw?

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
So my Akso OS arrived today and it really has tight draw as you said.

My BO is way airier, which I like more. Is there a way to loosen the draw of the Akso with drilling a hole or so? I couldn't find one like my BO has... I have only seen holes in the pods. Also the prefilled pods are even tighter than the refillable ones and the holes in the pods are smaller. There are smiliar things to a hole on the side of the device, like little dents, but they aren't drilled through and when I put my finger on them the draw doesn't get tighter. So I guess they are for holding the pods.
So, is there a way to loosen the draw?
Yes, if you take a pull from a cartridge that's not inserted into the battery, you can tell it's quite a bit airier than when installed. So if you drill a tiny hole just above the "dimples" on the side of the battery that allow the cartridge to snap in - you'll have added extra airflow.

Where did you get the OS? Seems impossible to find. And do you know if it does use the same pod as the original?

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
Yes, if you take a pull from a cartridge that's not inserted into the battery, you can tell it's quite a bit airier than when installed. So if you drill a tiny hole just above the "dimples" on the side of the battery that allow the cartridge to snap in - you'll have added extra airflow.

Where did you get the OS? Seems impossible to find. And do you know if it does use the same pod as the original?
Shouldn't it be under the 'dimples' where the cartridges meet the contacts, because the cartridge side would block the airflow?

I ordered the normal Akso with extra non-refillable pods. The pods came and the Akso not, so I ordered an Akso OS with refillable pods on aliexpress.
So far, I like the OS pods better, no leaking, easy refill and better airflow than the old pods.
Flavour seems to bemore intense than the BO, but some flavours I like more on the BO or they taste different. E.g. with one liquid I can't taste kiwi in the Akso but something different..

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Shouldn't it be under the 'dimples' where the cartridges meet the contacts, because the cartridge side would block the airflow?

I ordered the normal Akso with extra non-refillable pods. The pods came and the Akso not, so I ordered an Akso OS with refillable pods on aliexpress.
So far, I like the OS pods better, no leaking, easy refill and better airflow than the old pods.
Flavour seems to bemore intense than the BO, but some flavours I like more on the BO or they taste different. E.g. with one liquid I can't taste kiwi in the Akso but something different..
Yeah, I took a closer look - seems like there's a couple of mm between the dimple and top of battery, so you'd be safe drilling there.

I'm not clear on what you're saying: Will the OS pods fit on my original Akso? Are both pods interchangeable on both batteries? And where did you buy?

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, I took a closer look - seems like there's a couple of mm between the dimple and top of battery, so you'd be safe drilling there.

I'm not clear on what you're saying: Will the OS pods fit on my original Akso? Are both pods interchangeable on both batteries? And where did you buy?

Yes, they will. I have both pods and both fit in the Akso OS and they are similiar in design, so they must fit in the normal Akso aswell.
I can make some pictures later, or we start an Akso thread :)
The OS pods are for rewicking aswell, I think. At least they look like they are made for that.

I don't think drilling a hole under the dimples is necessary. There is a tiny hole next to the connector in the Akso which is probably the air hole. So I need to make it bigger, but I don't want to take the device apart.

I bought if from the Hcigar Official account on aliexpress. I got it for 28€ with 4 extra cartridges when on sale and on an an other sale I got the cartridges for 5€. Now they are 13,6€ :| Just select the last colour here.

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
Here are some pictures
1nd and 2nd: Akso with the OS and with the normal pod
3rd: close up of the OS pod
4th: OS pod disassembled - the pod was very easy to open, but putting it back together with the thin coil wire was a bit tricky

Also the draw was a bit easier when pulling the cap a bit out before it loses the connection. I will probably drill a very tiny hole.

• Useful

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
After owning two Akso OS for some weeks I decided to drill some holes, two on both of my devices :D
It is way airier now - to the point where I nearly like it as much as my BO.
But I got a problem now:
I do need to pull way harder on one device to activate the draw than on the other. When I hold down the holes with my fingers, the draw on both devices is the same. The holes have the same size, so why do I need to pull harder to activate the draw on one of the devices? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix it?

Also, is there an easy way to pull out the Battery without destroying the look of the Akso? In case I want to take it apart? :closedeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread