Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
i really need some. with it being out of stock, the 3 week move, and the store only being open 10 minutes a day after the move, it's impossible to get. i really need something to fall back on, thats similar, these are 2 of my 3 all day vapes, and i'm jonesing so bad, i have 2mL of GJ left, and it's like a fine wine, i don't want to vape it until the right occasion. i have been googling for 2 weeks looking for something to replace them, haven't found it yet. i ordered Johnson Creek Rad Oak Tennessee Cured which somebody recommended to someone, don't like it, also ordered Copper Creek House Blend, which i haven't tried yet.

Does anyone have any great recommendations for me? thanks alot!

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
COV has GJ 10ml and 30ml in 24mg for anyone who's tired of F5ing the AVE page. I just grabbed some to tide me over.

Thank you Thank you, thank you, I just placed an order and I got 30 ml headed my way, and my first vivi nova tank, which I got for a decent deal. I knew smoktek, and nashville vapor were selling authentic AVE, but I wouldnt ever thought to look at COV.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Well, it's not Alien Visions, but, have you considered maybe DIY? Hear me out. Boba's Bounty is an enigma, and I don't think anyone has come too close to the recipe, however, Gorilla juice is another story.

I don't know what you taste with GJ, but I get a robust Banana nut bread-ish flavor. There are recipes in the DIY section set to mimic the flavor, and even though it won't be exact, it will be close, in my opinion. Really, you don't even need a recipe, but you can use one if need be.

You can get bases as low as 18mg (maybe lower?), so it won't be that dangerous to cut it to 12mg. You wouldn't need an exuberant amount of supplies. In fact, you could buy enough supplies to last for 6 months worth of juice for less than it costs to buy 100mls.

Anyways, just a suggestion. The above juices, in my opinion, can never replace the excellency that is Alien Visions. And at this point, nor could any DIY creation. But, if it were me (and it is) and I was looking for a replacement, I would go with what I think, personally, replicates the flavor as close as feasible.

So, I guess another suggestion would be to try a banana nut bread from else where? If that's indeed what you taste from GJ, like I do. Though, I'd feel less dirty recommending DIY over going somewhere else.

Good luck!

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
Well, it's not Alien Visions, but, have you considered maybe DIY? Hear me out. Boba's Bounty is an enigma, and I don't think anyone has come too close to the recipe, however, Gorilla juice is another story.

I don't know what you taste with GJ, but I get a robust Banana nut bread-ish flavor. There are recipes in the DIY section set to mimic the flavor, and even though it won't be exact, it will be close, in my opinion. Really, you don't even need a recipe, but you can use one if need be.

You can get bases as low as 18mg (maybe lower?), so it won't be that dangerous to cut it to 12mg. You wouldn't need an exuberant amount of supplies. In fact, you could buy enough supplies to last for 6 months worth of juice for less than it costs to buy 100mls.

Anyways, just a suggestion. The above juices, in my opinion, can never replace the excellency that is Alien Visions. And at this point, nor could any DIY creation. But, if it were me (and it is) and I was looking for a replacement, I would go with what I think, personally, replicates the flavor as close as feasible.

So, I guess another suggestion would be to try a banana nut bread from else where? If that's indeed what you taste from GJ, like I do. Though, I'd feel less dirty recommending DIY over going somewhere else.

Good luck!

i have contemplated doing that, but i have 3 week old twins, and i've lost all my free time lol. i will definitely try DIY in the future, it is just going to be a while before i get the time. and really, i research the hell out of things before i do them, so thats where most my time will go.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I've been cutting down on my nic levels so I only use the 6 mg which I don't think anyone else carries.

But, I did find some GJ and BB that seems to be in stock at 12mg and higher levels at a place called rockytopvapor, never heard of them. COV has it in 18 mg

Also a place called vulcanvape has BB at 18mg and 24mg in stock.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't think the strategy of finding something similar to Boba's or Gorilla will work. They are unique...especially Boba's. You might want to commit to finding a new vendor altogether. Try a few different ones. Some of the proven suppliers like BWB or HHV or similar. I know HHV inside and out (their tobacco in particular) and can help you with that if you're interested. In fact, I know a Boba's/Gorilla vaper who has switched to HHV already and would be a perfect person to help you out. But I think you'd do yourself a favor by looking elsewhere.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I don't think the strategy of finding something similar to Boba's or Gorilla will work. They are unique...especially Boba's. You might want to commit to finding a new vendor altogether. Try a few different ones. Some of the proven suppliers like BWB or HHV or similar. I know HHV inside and out (their tobacco in particular) and can help you with that if you're interested. In fact, I know a Boba's/Gorilla vaper who has switched to HHV already and would be a perfect person to help you out. But I think you'd do yourself a favor by looking elsewhere.

I've had great personal service from Ben and Christy at Alien Visions, and I'm not going to abandon them just because of a temporary setback. I know you're an HHV fan (I read the Heather's Heavenly Vapes tobacco line thread every day and get a big kick out of it! Great stuff!), and I didn't notice you dumping Heather during the recent little "is it Gandalf, or Serendipity, or Shadowfax" mix-up. :laugh:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've had great personal service from Ben and Christy at Alien Visions, and I'm not going to abandon them just because of a temporary setback. I know you're an HHV fan (I read the Heather's Heavenly Vapes tobacco line thread every day and get a big kick out of it! Great stuff!), and I didn't notice you dumping Heather during the recent little "is it Gandalf, or Serendipity, or Shadowfax" mix-up. :laugh:
Little setback to me is a couple weeks, not months. That's totally up to each individual. My daughter was diagnosed with ADD, I guess I inherited from her.

I'm over stalking sites for products.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Well, to be fair, they aren't the same thing. Gandygate was a screw up on a single juice. And yes, they heard about it from me (and others). I think the OP was open to looking at other options because he tired of trying to place orders. I'm not an AVE customer but I do know their limited purchasing opportunities has been going on for quite some time. I would never deny anyone to vape what they want and I certainly don't want to diss the AVE owners. Especially since I don't know them. I just wanted to give the OP some alternatives since he asked for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread