Boba's Bounty now tastes flavorless... what have I done??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this or not but here we go.

Got a sample of Boba's Bounty a few weeks ago. Immediately ordered a 30ml bottle after trying it. It tasted wonderful! Burned through my sample and started in on the bigger bottle. Gradually I was getting less and less flavor from it. Thought it was the carto tank I was using. Put a new Boge 2.0 in, and it didn't help. Tried dripping right into a few atomizers, same thing. Loaded up a couple of ce2 fluxomizers, same thing. Doesn't matter what I do, Boba's Bounty tastes 100% flavorless now. Still have the 30ml bottle that tasted great to start out. It smells fine... no change there. When I vape it, all I get is the throat hit, and the heaviness of the vapor itself.

I've also got root beer from AVE. It's fine... no flavor change at all...

I've been vaping for about a month... I thought that when this first started happening (which was about 2 weeks ago) it was just a taste thing... body's adjusting to getting off of analogs etc... but none of my other juices have lost flavor.

Is it possible it's the juice? Or is it just me? I LOOOVED the BB, and I'm pretty bummed this is happening!

Any thoughts?

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
Sounds like you may be losing wattage somehow? I have instant flavor drops right before recharge time. Try the juice with another device? Also, I learned the dummie way that if you do a mouth draw, then inhale, you don't get consistent flavor. I now breathe it in without mouth drawing and get a nice hit every time.

Darth Octane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Colorado
Here are some of my findings in my 4 years of vaping. One is taste buds will go kaput from time to time. You can taste your other flavors so that may not be your case here. Two make sure you shake your bottle frequently. I have had bottles get weak from time to time not shaking them. Three you have been vaping for about a month. After a month of vaping most of my go to flavors changed. My taste buds had come back from being a smoker and a lot of the stuff I vaped to that point did not taste good to me any more. You say you can still taste root beer but that is a real strong flavor. Try brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth. Use some good mouthwash and drink lots of fluids. Worst taste bud loss I ever had was 2 weeks long and it was very rough to not go back to smoking in that time.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Here are some of my findings in my 4 years of vaping. One is taste buds will go kaput from time to time. You can taste your other flavors so that may not be your case here. Two make sure you shake your bottle frequently. I have had bottles get weak from time to time not shaking them. Three you have been vaping for about a month. After a month of vaping most of my go to flavors changed. My taste buds had come back from being a smoker and a lot of the stuff I vaped to that point did not taste good to me any more. You say you can still taste root beer but that is a real strong flavor. Try brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth. Use some good mouthwash and drink lots of fluids. Worst taste bud loss I ever had was 2 weeks long and it was very rough to not go back to smoking in that time.

On top of all that, you might just want to stick to the root beer for a while. I've noticed that if I vape BB all day, everyday, it loses it's flavor pretty fast. When that happens, I switch out to another flavor for a few day and then go back to the Boba's. After that, it tastes great again.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Thanks for all the replies! I think I just need to put the bottle away for a bit... I did buy a tongue scraper after quitting analogs, and I've only got 1 device for now... but a sweeeet VV will be dropped in the mail for me today (HOLY CRAP im excited for this one!). We will see if some higher voltages can squeak some flavor out of it.

I did chain vape the crap out of the Boba's when I first got it... poor tastebuds probably exploded with flavor overload!

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
On top of all that, you might just want to stick to the root beer for a while. I've noticed that if I vape BB all day, everyday, it loses it's flavor pretty fast. When that happens, I switch out to another flavor for a few day and then go back to the Boba's. After that, it tastes great again.

This.

I wake up every morning and get the nuttiest, richest, most pleasant and smooth Boba's you can imagine. By noon, it starts to taste one-dimensional. I switch to "Hype" for a few hours and I'm good to go back to my Boba's.

Whatever the mix is, it must coat the tastebuds, or just leave their "toes" curled if you know what I mean. Once they recuperate you can start again!

TexasTucker

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Texas, Austin area
I experience the same thing with tobacco flavors (not as much with sweet or fruit flavors), and I can also attest to morning vapes being extremely flavorful and satisfying. Tastebuds are a crazy thing, and there are so many variables as to why you taste what you taste...but a tongue scraper does great things for your sense of taste (and oral hygiene, which is never bad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread