Body burden of toxic metals and rare earth elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
I don't understand why people shooting holes in a study means they're .......
Because I'm exposed to metals in life outside of vaping I actually thought it was interesting, just not the best science.

But they can only comment positively or else they're ......?

And besides vapers have a right to be ....... ANTZ have been putting out propaganda disguised as science for a long time. That alone would make them as bad as Big tobacco.
But now they're doing it to keep people smoking cigarettes while claiming it's for their own good when the truth is it's all about the money they make from that symbiotic relationship and that makes them worse than Big tobacco.
The point of this post is to discuss about the study. But instead few people are attacking me
I actually want to hear negative comments about the studies.

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
No, I'm worried that YOU can't distinguish it and you are wasting everyone's time and posting science that sucks.. Also, "your work?" Are you paid to disseminate these?

Anna
No. My work or my project is to inform people about the dangers of cigarettes. Currently e cig are the best harm reduction alternative so i m focusing on that. And let me tell you something stop being arrogant you are not genius you dont know everything there are going to be studies that will disappointe you

• Agree

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Disagreeing with your links as they are not reputable studies doesn't equal attacking you. It isn't arrogance either. It is a shoddy study based on random people and taken solely from blood samples. With the minerals stated, the level in anyone depends heavily on where they live, what air they breath and where the food they eat was grown.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The point of this post is to discuss about the study. But instead few people are attacking me
I actually want to hear negative comments about the studies.

No. My work or my project is to inform people about the dangers of cigarettes.

I don't know you. I had no opinion of you.

See the history of the other's who hold that work. Everything they have done has worked to keep people smoking. Nicotine patches that don't deliver enough nicotine, allow self dosing or consistent dosing. Nicotine gum but make it flavorless until it doesn't sell. Failure rates of 93% is all they can approve of...or suicide pills so it's not our deaths they want to stop.
Along come ecigs designed by smokers that work much better than 7% of the time. All that side can do is try to create panic to make them work less. Perhaps it's actually NOT smoking that they want to stop.

Here you are saying that's who you work for and here you are trying to spread the panic.
Maybe vapers wouldn't be paranoid if your bosses weren't out to get us.

There are some very big names formerly from Tobacco Control who support and are well liked by vapers. They saw the above going on and turned their backs on it and have tried to expose it.
If you're not liked by vapers maybe it's you not us.

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
I don't know you. I had no opinion of you.

See the history of the other's who hold that work. Everything they have done has worked to keep people smoking. Nicotine patches that don't deliver enough nicotine, allow self dosing or consistent dosing. Nicotine gum but make it flavorless until it doesn't sell. Failure rates of 93% is all they can approve of...or suicide pills so it's not our deaths they want to stop.
Along come ecigs designed by smokers that work much better than 7% of the time. All that side can do is try to create panic to make them work less. Perhaps it's actually NOT smoking that they want to stop.

Here you are saying that's who you work for and here you are trying to spread the panic.

There are some very big names formerly from Tobacco Control who support and are well liked by vapers. They saw the above going on and turned their backs on it and have tried to expose it.
If you're not liked by vapers maybe it's you not us.
If you really believe that someone pays me for that then you are the paranoid.lol

• Creative

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
If you really believe that someone pays me for that then you are the paranoid.lol

As I said, it's not without reason.

You're the one who said it was your work or project.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Alphazero , have you read the many studies already posted on ECF? What do you think of them?

I am now assuming "work" means "effort" and really, I certainly don't want to turn you off posting studies if that is your desire. But, there are many studies posted in the forum (good and bad already). I'd imagine if you did a search for scientific studies or articles it might turn up a few, and you would probably also run into some good sites for information, there are several good researchers who've spent a lot of time conducting studies. I think it might give you a balanced picture. Again, NOT criticizing, just a question.

Anna

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
I am an avid follower of mike petro posts. What he does for all of us is truly amazing.
Only if we could spread the importance of temperature and make studies on tc mods
Meanwhile we need to be open to all sorts of studies just to see what can go wrong.
The only thing that i am now really curious about is the long effects of pg irritation on the lungs and long term unique effects of vg on the lung, vocal cords and the like.
This could be the big surprise about vaping mainly because there are many vapers reporting respiration problems in short term and long term.
Also, we need to search for another substances that can be vapee in worst case scenario.
I think that meanwhile cigarettes should be banned from all industrialized countries and be replaced with e cigarettes, heat not burn systems, and the like.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I am an avid follower of mike petro posts. What he does for all of us is truly amazing.
Only if we could spread the importance of temperature and make studies on tc mods
Meanwhile we need to be open to all sorts of studies just to see what can go wrong.
The only thing that i am now really curious about is the long effects of pg irritation on the lungs and long term unique effects of vg on the lung, vocal cords and the like.
This could be the big surprise about vaping mainly because there are many vapers reporting respiration problems in short term and long term.
Also, we need to search for another substances that can be vapee in worst case scenario.
I think that meanwhile cigarettes should be banned from all industrialized countries and be replaced with e cigarettes, heat not burn systems, and the like.
I think most vapers are reporting increased lung function and improved respiration.
None of the ex smokers now vapers I work with or am friends with complain about any of the things you mention. They can exercise more effectively, have more energy, better sex lives, are less depressed and more or less getting a new lease on life, a second wind. Generally healthier and happier all around.
I dont get you.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
LOL, saved the best for last, didn't they:

However, these elements were detected at low concentrations. (Last sentence of the study).

Thanks for posting, I read it and it is usually the suck to not get more background info, but apparently this study showed that vaping is safer than smoking and also, that vaping as a source of "rare earth elements" is pretty minor.

I'm hoping that is what you were HOPING to point out, not a scare tactic. Etc.

Do you search these out and post them for comment because you are worried about Ecigs or what? It's not the first "tentatively scary" study you've posted, and you DO know that doing this gives the anti's more power, because it gets spread around.

I don't mind a good "huh, I should consider that" every now and again, but I'm kind of wondering why you are spending your time ferreting out so many of them? I mean, are you concerned, curious or what? (Not upset either, just curious my own self.)

Anna

Liked for the suck...

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
And i accpe
I think most vapers are reporting increased lung function and improved respiration.
None of the ex smokers now vapers I work with or am friends with complain about any of the things you mention. They can exercise more effectively, have more energy, better sex lives, are less depressed and more or less getting a new lease on life, a second wind. Generally healthier and happier all around.
I dont get you.
Google e cigarettes breathlessness

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
And i accpe

I spent about a year reading everything I could find, good and bad, about vaping before I really took it up.
Any one can google, it doesnt mean you are a researcher.
I think, as a side point, any long term smoker can tell you more about breathlessness than a short term vaper.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
And i accpe

I can tell you from experience being around chronically ill online, people on the internet exaggerate, for that matter most people walking into a Dr's office exaggerate.

I've experience from ecigs, both from a PG sensitivity and burnt/dirty coil sensitivity. It's not really breathlessness.
Smoke some teflon if you want to know breathlessness.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I haven't had a cigarette in more than four years. But I'll say this: Banning things is never a solution. It didn't work for alcohol. It didn't work for a single one of the drugs they've banned. It won't work for combustible tobacco either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread