Boge 2.0 / 2.5 / 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank You

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Orlando

I've been using the 2.0 with my Ego battery for the last 2 weeks.. and haven't had any complaints about it outside of a softer throat hit. (using 24mg VG) But, my question is if I change OHM's between the 3 current options (unless there's others).. is there really a drastic difference?

At the end of the day I know I get a better throat hit when I use my tank system.. BUT the draw back is the lack of flavor. So, what I tend to do is carry both. One setup with the tank and the other with the Boge 2.0. (dripping)

Is there any setup to where I can get a balance of the two or is that to much to ask :blink:

Thank You

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You might want to try 2.5 ohm Boge cartos with the Ego batts. I use the 2.5 ohm with Ego and Riva batts and find that some juices are just better with the 3.2v output on the standard batt and others are better with the Riva 3.7 output. All VG juices are also harder to make saturate the filler material. A juice with a higher PG content soaks into the filler and better surrounds the coil, IMO. I use mostly 70pg/30vg juices with most every atomizer.

100% vg juices are notorious for lots of vapor and much less taste. I'd try a 100% pg version of the juice you like and mix it with the vg version to arrive at the mix that tastes best. You can always alternate drops into the carto to change the mix.

Thank You

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Orlando
You might want to try 2.5 ohm Boge cartos with the Ego batts. I use the 2.5 ohm with Ego and Riva batts and find that some juices are just better with the 3.2v output on the standard batt and others are better with the Riva 3.7 output. All VG juices are also harder to make saturate the filler material. A juice with a higher PG content soaks into the filler and better surrounds the coil, IMO. I use mostly 70pg/30vg juices with most every atomizer.

100% vg juices are notorious for lots of vapor and much less taste. I'd try a 100% pg version of the juice you like and mix it with the vg version to arrive at the mix that tastes best. You can always alternate drops into the carto to change the mix.
that's what I was thinking if its related to the VG.. on my next e-juice purchase I'm going to go with 50/50 and see if I notice anything different.

Thank You

joey55

Mar 1, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I agree with Bozzlite. After many combinations tried, the all around favorite for me is the Genuine Joye Cartomizers. What keeps me going back to them is a mix of TH, flavor and vapor volume. There are others that offer superior th or flavor or volume but with a sacrifice to each other, I.E. good th but diminished vapor or great flavor and no th.
BTW I use a 50/50 PG/VG mix on them.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I agree with Bozzlite. After many combinations tried, the all around favorite for me is the Genuine Joye Cartomizers. What keeps me going back to them is a mix of TH, flavor and vapor volume. There are others that offer superior th or flavor or volume but with a sacrifice to each other, I.E. good th but diminished vapor or great flavor and no th.
BTW I use a 50/50 PG/VG mix on them.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I am surprised that the Gen Joye Cartos are not more popular.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

I have been using virginvapor's juices for a few weeks now. They are organic 100%VG and I've not had any problems with them except for trying to hide the vapor at work...LOL. A mix wicks well but so do Annette's and they are very thick.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I have found that horizontal coil cartos out perform the vertical coil cartos. The problem is filling them. Such a pain to fill those joye cartos.

I feel off sitting in my car shooting up a carto to top it off before I go into work. When I used the joye cartos I had not yet learned about the condom fill method. Does it work well with the joye cartos?

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
I have an idea why the Genuine Joye cartos are not so popular...

They were the first cartos I tried.. At first, I loved them! They were great, nothing compared to an atty!

I don't have a syringe so I refilled them using the condom/drip into battery end method.. it worked good *for awhile*

It seemed after about 2 days of this, I would ALWAYS start getting a burnt nasty crap taste, and the plastic (yes folks, these cartos are made of meltable plastic.. another reason I do not like them) melted around the coil, ruining the carto.

This happened on every single carto after 2 days.. usually on the 2nd or 3rd fill.

Upon taking one of these apart, the 'polyfill' used in these cartos is JUNK, absolute junk. It's a web of this material and not the dense thick filler like a Boge carto. The filler was completely saturated with e-liquid every time this happened.. so it wasn't about the coil being dry.. I'm stickin' with my boges lol

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
i have tried a lot of different carto's and atty's Believe me I have spent a small fortune. The ones I like the best are the Boge lr's and the duel carto's. I find too that juice makes a difference and not just the pg/vg ratio although that plays a big part. I have noticed that some juices work better on lr res and others work better at a higher res I think it it just the make up of the juice. Some juices are just going to work better at a lr and some at a hr I also find that the Madvapes and the Ikenvape cartos tend to work better too. but that is just my personal opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread