Boge Carto not working like it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzz

Aug 12, 2013
United States
Ok i got my Boge F16 in today and i have filled the carto up with juice and saturated it pretty dang good, but i am having an issue. I keep getting a really dry burnt taste after about 4 puffs... I am using a 65(VG)/35(PG) blend... The only way that i can get that full flavor taste is dropping more in the carto and letting it soak up again. I have tried shaking the carto and i know its full cause i can see its really saturated with the liquid when i take the drip tip off.. What do i need to try? the carto has 2 holes punched in it. I have already filled the tank thinking it was working is the liquid to thick? Please help!!

EDIT: I just took the condom that comes on the end of the carto and i covered the bottom of where it screws on to my device so no air could be drawn through. Then i took a couple quick puffs on the tank without it screwed in to my cig and it has definitely pulled in more liquid. I saw some bubbles. Maybe i need another hole or a bigger hole? How can i punch a bigger hole? Whats a common tool that i might have laying around to do this?

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Are you using a Boge Carto TANK or just the carto? They do both.
First fill on a Tank carto, I normally Slow drip about 30 drops of liquid. 10-stop, 5-stop, 5-stop.... You have to let the NEW material saturate and that takes time. Proper saturation takes 15-20 minutes. Yes you can FORCE fill it with a syringe, but it still needs to disperse.

I vape 50/50 with no issues

If you are trying to use a Punched carto without a tank.............scotch tape over the 2 holes:D

shizzz

Aug 12, 2013
United States
Are you using a Boge Carto TANK or just the carto? They do both.
First fill on a Tank carto, I normally Slow drip about 30 drops of liquid. 10-stop, 5-stop, 5-stop.... You have to let the NEW material saturate and that takes time. Proper saturation takes 15-20 minutes. Yes you can FORCE fill it with a syringe, but it still needs to disperse.

I vape 50/50 with no issues

If you are trying to use a Punched carto without a tank.............scotch tape over the 2 holes:D

I am using
Boge F16 Cartomizers (2.7 - 3.1 ohm) and Boge F16 Cartomizer Tank (Clear)

I waited at least 30 minutes before i even tried to vape it. The first couple tokes were really perfect but its just the ones after that that suck. I was just watching this video A PBusardo Tutorial - How I slot my cartos!.wmv - YouTube and i wonder if i should try to do it. i have a Dremel and it looks like hes making the holes pretty big. I bought 15 carto replacements so i have a couple to mess with. What you think?

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
yeah i did right after i posted but still the same issue. I am trying to figure out an easy way to get the juice from the tank back into the bottle so i can try another carto. I don't want to waste my juice

Try sliding the cartomizer down about halfway into the tank like you would to refill it. Put a drip tip on top of the tank and hold it there tight, then try pouring the eliquid out of the tank through the drip tip. That was the easiest way I found to empty them when I was using carto tanks.

shizzz

Aug 12, 2013
United States
Try sliding the cartomizer down about halfway into the tank like you would to refill it. Put a drip tip on top of the tank and hold it there tight, then try pouring the eliquid out of the tank through the drip tip. That was the easiest way I found to empty them when I was using carto tanks.

Worked perfect! What do you think about slotting holes with a dremel like in that video? These cartos already have holes punched in them. i was just going to make them bigger maybe instead of the dremel just use a nail or something?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
A regular sized carto holds approx. 1 ml juice. Even on it's own without a tank, if properly first filled, it should last at least an hour or two of good Vaping. I use the condom method for first fill. As for your PG/ VG ratio it shouldn't present any problems with your tank.
Realize although the upper portion of the carto may look filled the bottom portion is prolly not. Try the Taryn method- using centrifugal force to force the liquid into the bottom of the carto.

shizzz

Aug 12, 2013
United States
Ok so after tinkering with it for a couple of hours i figured that i would try to make the holes bigger. once i did i get a really good flavor from the juice. It seems that the hits are kind of air'ey though. I guess it just because i went from an iClear to this with the iclear you have to take a drag and with this you just have to lightly inhale for it to work. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread