Boge carto quality control

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Everything I have ordered lately has been on par with previous boxes of boges. The occasional stiff draw carto fresh out of the box but I have not had any DOA in a long time. I ordered boges in April from altsmoke and in June from health cabin. No issues so far! I have noticed the fill wrapping varies from carto to carto....some are tighter wound than others....but I think they all vape pretty similar to each other. I usually vape a carto 3-4 days, in a tank, run anywhere from 8-12ml of juice through it. I could probably stretch some cartos a day or so longer but I love a fresh carto!

Hope this helps!

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
It probably depends on the source. Not talking about the resaler (although they might have a little to do with it if the know they aren't buying genuine Boge). Search Alibaba for "Boge Cartomizer" and see how many "look-a-likes" and "knock-offs" there are. If the manufacturer is not Boge Technologies then they are not the real thing, but they look the same and are packaged the same.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I agree that the current Boge's absolutely suck.

6-8 months ago I could easily get 10 days or so out of a single Boge and they just had that awesome Boge vapor. Now the polyfil doesn't absorb as well and the last few packs of cartos I got will kick the bucket in ~3 days or less which I find completely unacceptable. I've tried everything from filling them differently and letting them sit overnight before vaping, I've tried running them wet, dry, in tanks - does not matter. LR, SR, or HR - no change. They die their early death whenever they feel like.

And I'm done buying them, along with my 6 other vaping friends.

wezman2k

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
I agree that the current Boge's absolutely suck.

6-8 months ago I could easily get 10 days or so out of a single Boge and they just had that awesome Boge vapor. Now the polyfil doesn't absorb as well and the last few packs of cartos I got will kick the bucket in ~3 days or less which I find completely unacceptable. I've tried everything from filling them differently and letting them sit overnight before vaping, I've tried running them wet, dry, in tanks - does not matter. LR, SR, or HR - no change. They die their early death whenever they feel like.

And I'm done buying them, along with my 6 other vaping friends.

what's the best alternative currently?

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
what's the best alternative currently?

about a year ago, I used Kangers for a few months and never had any problems. Then I decided to order some Boges and I've been with them since. I could only get 2 days max (in or out of a tank) from the last three packs I've had; just bought three more packs. If these don't last longer, I'm going back to the Kangers.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
I received 10 boxes from SureVapes about a week ago. The price can't be beat, but the cartos aren't holding up like my old Boges were. They came with the loose condoms without the little "plug" disc. I run 3 devises throughout the day, all with the same juice, and all 3 need a new carto after a week where my old batch of Boges from Hoosiers lasted 2 weeks plus.

I think it would be good for people to post the source of their Boges and whether they are satisfied with the performance compared to previous batches. Also which condom style their new batch came with, as I think that might be the tell-tale sign.

Caveat: posting the source is in now way to be meant as "pointing the blame". It may not even be nessisarry to reveal the vendor. I think just noting the condom style would be adequate enough to deduce the difference in performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
ew reddit
Don't hate. They're the reason I just recently discovered vaping and am here now.

I've some boges that came in yesterday, and although I'm new and don't have any real experience to draw on, I haven't experienced even the slightest of problems with mine outside of basic user error (read: me being an idiot).

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
Generally zero problems; out of the six or so 5-packs I've ordered I've had one, maybe two, be bad out of the box. At not much more than a buck each I accept this as a cost of doing cheap business. :)
I've had some last just a few days, others 2-4 weeks. Cartos are cheapo disposable items and the way I look at it it all evens out in the end.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Just got 5 5packs of boge cartos from SureVapes and for $22 for 5 packs, I'm sure they blow thru a lot and get new lots frequently. And mine seem to be of good quality...

Hi....I received 5 packs of Boge 510XL LR this week from SureVapes & they're fine. As a matter of fact, I ordered another 5 packs of the same ones yesterday. The price can't be beat & their shipping is super fast;(I hope I didn't just curse myself!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread