Boge carto quality control

Status
Not open for further replies.

acolyte357

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
Also looking for alternatives. I have used Boge cartos for quite some time and these last few orders have been junk. I know it's not the re-sellers fault so I won't mention where I got my last order from.
I just placed an order for the 801 fusion cartos, but what else have people tried ( in tanks ) and liked?

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Also looking for alternatives. I have used Boge cartos for quite some time and these last few orders have been junk. I know it's not the re-sellers fault so I won't mention where I got my last order from.
I just placed an order for the 801 fusion cartos, but what else have people tried ( in tanks ) and liked?

I hear the fusion 801 is a fantastic carto to use in tanks. It's gonna be my next purchase.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I did notice on my older boge cartos with long/ short condom, the bottom post where the air hole is, is different from the new one. The center pipe looks skinner.
4450b0ec-c671-3a5d.jpg

These are both boge XL LR 2.0 carts. I got the left one from CCV and it had long/ short condoms. The right one was from surevapes and it had two short condoms.

Idk if it affects performance or not but for them to say there is no difference, they are somewhat lying.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Idk if it affects performance or not but for them to say there is no difference, they are somewhat lying.

Based on the photo, I'd say more than "somewhat". Thanks for sharing. I noticed on PBusardo's newest video (posted yesterday) he's using a SmokTech 1.7 Resurrector. He's used Boge's for a *long* time and he's not at all happy with them lately.

Unfortunately I've gotten some bad Resurrectors lately also.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Here are my thoughts and findings on the boge.
I have noticed that there are two very different batches of boges going around, they are both made by Boge. Because of the high demand for their cartos they have more than one manufacturing locations. There are two different "styles" #1 is the classic packaging, the long condom with the shorter one and with the little plastic stopper thing in the end with threads. The #2 has two condoms that are equal shorter lengths and no stopper and the condoms are looser. I got my initial cartos with my kit and they were the #1s. They wicked easliy and lasted long and had no problems. I placed an order from a vendor and I noticed they were different, they were the #2's thought at first maybe they werent genuine, but I used them. THey were very inconsistant, extremely tightly packed filler, took forever to wick and get soaked, some were DOA and some just burned out in a couple puffs. I went to a local store and the boges they sell are the usual #1s, they wick fast, they taste great, and last for quite a few uses and cleanings etc. From now on if I order Im going to order from sites that have the #1 style, even if I have to pay a bit more or have to email the vendor or call them to see how the ones they sell are packaged. Im waiting on an order right now and Im crossing my fingers they are the good ones. Unfortunately the vendors have no way of knowing this and as they order from manufacturers they've been ordering from for years. Hopefully they notice what I have and contact the manufacturer and let them know.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I can start with what I have found so far. E-cig city has the good ones and surevapes seem to be 50/50. The order I got from them were the #2 style but others have gotten the good ones. Im expecting some from health cabin this week and they are directly from china so I will post my findings when they arrive. I hope anyone that gets boge regularly can post their findings.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Anyone find Boge Fusion in SS?
Ive seen those around but if im not mistaken those are 801 thread but you can use an adapter, Ive been thinking about getting those, but I will wait to see what happens with the new shipment Im waiting for. At least I have ecig city to fall back on even if they are almost 2 buck each. I picked up a box for 8 bucks, not bad and at least they are the good ones, havent had a dud from their supply so far, I have bought 8 total and the first 3 I babied and used them for a day or so than I would rinse and clean and boil and they would come up perfect, till I just plain wore them out. Im a pretty heavy vaper, I put about 6-9 mil in a tank and carto holds up pretty well even if I use thick,dark organic/natural tobaccos. I have another boge from ecig city still going on another tank, but its a very light golden juice and it doesnt gunk up even if it is 50/50 also.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
compared to some of the other crap out there Boge is still excellent

I read recently that the boge cartos have gone downhill. As in, their manufacturing process has changed and now new batches are considerably lower quality.

Has anyone noticed this? I'm stocked on boges for a while but I will eventually need more down the road.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I believe so also, unfortunately with the rising demand for these items, and again they are mass produced in china they had to do what they needed to do to keep up. I'm sure like most large manufacturers they opened up new locations with new people and new management and they kinda do their own thing? Its hard to keep all things running like beginning, all I can hope is that they are aware and hopefully rectifying this. Even on the good ones ( call them the #1s) if you look, occasionally you will find one that is a bit off center, where the center coil and sleeve is off to the side possibly causing problems when punching them. I'm sure that if you punch it on the thinner side one might pierce the center where the sleeve is and get flooding. I'm using one like this and I notice its a bit airy even though when I was punching it I avoided placing the hole there.

Keener

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
West Virginia
Kinda' easy to shrug it off as user error and failure on the users' parts... except I've used Boge's reliably for over a year, haven't changed a thing (even most of the same juices I've hit for a year now), and it just so happens that the past few batches have sucked eggs. In a tank, like I've done for almost a year. Just the ones with the crappy condom caps. That's some crazy coincidence, especially on such a large scale that the community has acknowledged as a whole lately. Crap, I let them sit so loaded I have to sit 'em on a napkin for a few hours now, for Pete's sake.

Nah, that reeks of standard business BS and doesn't satisfy me much... or this crappy current carto in my tank tasting of burnt monkey ..... Bah, no help there.

I haven't experimented with other cartos (a few dual-coil Smoktechs a long time ago, but that was before I took to tanks)... can ANYBODY tell me what size/type/brand carto will fit reliably in the tanks my current standard SS Boges are in? I'm going to try swapping brands for awhile, but don't even know where to start for substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread