Boge carto quality control

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Now that the Boges and Resurrectors both suck, I have no idea what to do for cartos. I just ordered 6 306 cisco attys to hold me off, but I need to find something that works, and right now I can't :(

Good point. I was just pondering the same question. The link below has more recent communication between PBusardo and Boge. It offers nothing but more denial and blame. This denial indicates to me that the Boge problems will not soon be resolved. Furthermore it's somewhat insulting. Many of us have been using Boge's for a *long* time. We know how to fill a carto, and we know the difference between PG and VG.

PBusardo

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
I got some standard length "Boge" 2.0's a while back in a trade, and they were all perfect. Long/short condom, little silicone insert in the battery end, all measured 2.0 on the nose, and all were etched at the battery end "VK 2.0" Turns out those are from vaporking. I'm wondering if the ones they sell now are still the good ones.

At any rate, if anyone finds good quality 2.0 and 3.0 ohm 45 mm cartos anywhere, post a link!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I got some standard length "Boge" 2.0's a while back in a trade, and they were all perfect. Long/short condom, little silicone insert in the battery end, all measured 2.0 on the nose, and all were etched at the battery end "VK 2.0" Turns out those are from vaporking. I'm wondering if the ones they sell now are still the good ones.

At any rate, if anyone finds good quality 2.0 and 3.0 ohm 45 mm cartos anywhere, post a link!

Vaporkings has/had a good coupon and I got 50 for $51 shipped back in Feb, still going thru them, but they have been my goto since I started and I only got 1 bad one in that year. I dunno about now, but in my time here listening to reports about bad batteries, juice, cartos- they haven't been part of any bad stuff.

Oh, I think Ikenvape is open now, if anyone wants to go there for cartos.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Wow, im so glad, but also not, when I started using cartos less than a couple months ago, I was so estatic, got my KGO kit that came with 5 black boges. Everything went so smoothly, easy to set up, cartos worked great. Im glad it was not just me, but kinda wishing it was just me and not that there is a problem. It is sad as there are so many new users out there which have never had the chance to experience the great taste and ease of use. Some might have even given up and gone to cigarettes again. All we can do is hope they fix the problem and meanwhile if you could all give us reports of where you buy them and if you have the good ones let us know where we can get them. For me its a bit easier as I have a local store that stocks the good ones. If you live near laguna beach, e cig city stocks them. THey even punch them for at no extra price, they are really nice and their prices are same as most online stores. THey dont ship but it might be worth a nice drive to laguna beach.

Butters78

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Guys please let me know where they are still selling quality boges. I only got about 6 left. If this problem isn't rectified by the time I order again, I will be selling my provari and tanks and get another Reo grand and put my kick in it. Shoo I wanted to try those hh357 atties people talk about. I was thinking of going the rebuildable route but I'm not technically skilled enough lol. I love a boge in a tank. But if I have to go back to bottom feeding I will I liked it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Guys please let me know where they are still selling quality boges. I only got about 6 left. If this problem isn't rectified by the time I order again, I will be selling my provari and tanks and get another Reo grand and put my kick in it. Shoo I wanted to try those hh357 atties people talk about. I was thinking of going the rebuildable route but I'm not technically skilled enough lol. I love a boge in a tank. But if I have to go back to bottom feeding I will I liked it.
    I watched the video PBusardos put out adressing the problem, he reviewed 4 different boxes from 4 different places and the box from clouds of crystal clear vapes seemed to fine, so you might want to order a box from them or even email them to see if they are still in stock of the good ones, the ones with the long and short condom which seem to be the known good ones. Now he said the crystal clear vapes he had around for a long time, but Ive seen posts on here regarding that crystal clear has the good ones everyone had come to know and love. Im expecting an order from health cabin and as soon as I get them in I will let you all know what I find.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I love it! I hate change, seems most of the time when I really like something someone feels they need to mess with it for some dumb reason. I dont mind if they find that something was actually making someone sick or they make it actually better because the users mentioned it. But I absoulutely HATE when people feel the need to take something away from us because its not in fashion or they feel we need to have someone decide that we need to be healthier. When I say this I mean stuff like certain fats in our doughnuts or pizza or other foods that were never meant to be healthy. We know high fats are not good , but I want the choice to not eat It. Face it certain foods are just GOOD, fat is good in some foods, but to take it away by outlawing it is just dumb. Okay, I went on a off topic rant, sorry. Health nuts should not make decisions for all.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I just got my package from Health Cabin today, I opened it up, inspected contents, everything was there and all products are as they were described thank you. I immediately inspected the Boges. I got 4 boxes, all were properly labeled. I took out one carto and I was a bit disappointed as they were all the #2 type as far as the condoms. Ripped one open and it looked the same as the other (#2) physically. I was already sort of expecting the worse. I used the condom method to fill, they seemed to be more absorbent than most of the ones Ive used.I punched them as I always do, 2 holes at bottom one on top. I put a few drops in the actual holes and watched the juice get sucked up. I was feeling cautiously hopeful. The center hole was right on center as Ive had some that were off center and those never seemed to vape smoothly or consistently. I slipped it into my tank filled it up to top. I tapped the tank against palm of hand as I always to to get any air out just in case. The bubbles were rushing out in a mass. I was feeling hopeful as in some of boges lately took a lot of work getting the air out and juice to get saturated. So here came the big moment. I took my first draw. Perfect. Ive been hitting this hard for a while now, and so far no dry hits, no odd taste, no bacon or burnt taste.
    So after all this, this batch of boges is making me feel hopeful. Again this is only the first one Ive used out of the 20 I ordered but it seems like so far a better experience. The last batch of 25 I got elsewhere were bad from beginning. Im crossing my fingers and hoping that the BOgE people have got it right, and if they have it will take a while till all the US vendors get an influx of these. So if in the future you get the ones with the same size condoms( which were tight this time) dont be alarmed right away, cause they just might be the good ones. I did notice the polyfill felt different, softer and this might be the reason they are soaking up the juice better, or maybe they didnt use any sort of additive. I will keep you posted. I will update as I go thru more cartos. I kinda feel like taking all them out and inspecting them, maybe after I finish enjoying this one.
    Another observation, this is the first one since that I have ever seen bubbles coming out of holes as I vape.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Oklahoma
    On my last short+long condom carto now. Anyone make a recent purchase and get lucky? Hope I can get lucky, maybe I'll try CCV.

Last week I received my order from CCV. Got 3 pkgs of the LR Resurrectors. 2 boxes of black, 1 box of stainless. First two of the black were BAD. Very burnt. Since last week I'm on my third stainless and they are just ok. Dry out quickly, and leak if you try to fill them with more than 6-7 drops when they should hold about 30 on a top off. The stainless say smoktec the black say CCV. I sent them an email yesterday hoping they will at least exchange the black for some stainless ones.

Not sure where to turn for a decent XL LR carto. :glare:
    Should I just give up on the xl's and try to find the small cartos? I don't use a tank so I'd like to keep using an XL but dang...I've wasted so much juice and money on cartos...

Any ideas? I'm getting desperate!:(

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I stumbled across this thread and am hopeful now that it is not just me. I have been using a 50 pack of Boge for a little while, throwing them away as they got a tight draw...the last 5 have dried out within an hour. Might have been a bad box of them, I will have to begin marking them to check.

I'm on my first pack of 50 I got way back the beginning of the year, and I just had 2 that tight drawed and wouldn't respond to fixing. They used to last me a month, easy, in a tank. I'm certainly not buying bulk anymore.

Zurrix

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2012
    Winnipeg
    Last week I received my order from CCV. Got 3 pkgs of the LR Resurrectors. 2 boxes of black, 1 box of stainless. First two of the black were BAD. Very burnt. Since last week I'm on my third stainless and they are just ok. Dry out quickly, and leak if you try to fill them with more than 6-7 drops when they should hold about 30 on a top off. The stainless say smoktec the black say CCV. I sent them an email yesterday hoping they will at least exchange the black for some stainless ones.

Should I just give up on the xl's and try to find the small cartos? I don't use a tank so I'd like to keep using an XL but dang...I've wasted so much juice and money on cartos...

When IkenVape opens back up, his cartos are the best. I believe he has Chinese manufacturers build the cartos to his specifications and the QC process is apparently very good. Unfortunately, stock is limited at the moment. Just do a google for IkenVape cartomizer. There's a couple of different vendors that carry his product.

Zeth

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2011
    Philadelphia

Sorry to hear that. I actually just emailed CCV to ask about them and they told me they have the short+long condom ones and that they're the same and work fine. I've contacted a couple vendors and all of them told me there's nothing to worry about and that the forums are wrong :glare:

Butters78

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Sorry to hear that. I actually just emailed CCV to ask about them and they told me they have the short+long condom ones and that they're the same and work fine. I've contacted a couple vendors and all of them told me there's nothing to worry about and that the forums are wrong :glare:

Haha yup, it is all a big conspiracy. All of you guys are lying so I won't place another boge order. Those clearo people sure are crafty!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Sorry to say, but I was hopeful on my earlier posts, now Im not. First one seemed fine, but the next ones have been bad. The ones I got as I described from health cabin were with 2 short but tight condoms. After fiddling around with them I notice they are physically different from the other ones I have had, now there is a third batch around. They are supposed to be genuine as Health Cabin assured me. They are looser in the filler and they have a larger center on them. They also differ inside as after some use you can see the filler losening from the side of carto and you can see where the glue is as the filler sort of hangs off. Out side they also have some differences , the center pin hole is larger and the thread is also different. Also the center pin is much more receeded and I have to pull the center pin after awhile as it gets pushed in and it doesnt fire. This is really frustrating. Vapor Beast has a great bulk price, 50 boxes for 59.00, its a steal. I contacted the owner and asked him which ones he had in stock and he said he had the ones with one long and one short condom. I placed my order and left instructions to please check them before sending just in case. He contacted me and aplogised because all the ones he now has, are the 2 short condom ones. They sell so many, guess they keep ordering more and now they have the bad ones. I need some and I have contacted 310 vapers and crystal clear vapers as the last I heard they had the one long and one short. I hope they still have the good ones. I am also contacting my local vendor and buying at least 3 boxes even if they are 8 bucks a box, I hope they still have the good ones. Im crossing my fingers and If anyone has recently bought any of the good ones, PLEASE share this so I can order them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread