Boge cartos with adjustable hole size

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Subscribed. Sounds awesome, but I've got enough cartos to get me through a while as they're not a go-to for either me or the wife, but bigger stock holes could change that, given we normally vape 30/70 or higher VG juices...hoping someone else will guinea pig these soon.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Just saw this while browsing -- anyone use them yet?

Boge F16, F17 Twist Cartomizer 1.6-2.0 OHM( 5pack) - $6.50 :

Wonder how tough it would be to adjust it when the tank is full.

The thing which surprises me about these is that Boge would go to the trouble of making them at all when they could just make cartos with bigger holes, at least as an option. I always buy the unpunched ones and cut two slots in them and they work like a charm. I do this because I've never had a carto with pre-punched little holes, Boge or any others, which are worth a damn.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Hmmm very intriguing... Maybe dont have to learn any tinkering (intimidating). Was thinking have to figure out what tool to get to punch holes that would be super idiot proof...

Smoktek sells a couple. With the cheaper one you need to figure out exactly where the thing needs to be positioned relative to the battery contact point of the carto. For an extra dollar the punch has a guide which does that for you. If you are attempting to enlarge a pre-punched hole then you need a bit more skill to line up on the existing hole but you soon get a feel for that.

SmokTank Cartomizer Hole Punch - Large | SmokTek.com

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Hmmm very intriguing... Maybe dont have to learn any tinkering (intimidating). Was thinking have to figure out what tool to get to punch holes that would be super idiot proof...

Correction: The more expensive one doesn't have an exact positioning guide. It has a tube which will help positioning but its main function is to minimise distortion of the carto which occurs when the punch is screwed in - not that the distortion affects the functioning of the carto. I used to use the basic punch (before the other one was available) but much prefer slotting with a cutting wheel. Now that certainly is not idiot proof - quite easy to cut off a finger ...

paul1288

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
new jersey USA
www.vapelite.info
The thing which surprises me about these is that Boge would go to the trouble of making them at all when they could just make cartos with bigger holes, at least as an option. I always buy the unpunched ones and cut two slots in them and they work like a charm. I do this because I've never had a carto with pre-punched little holes, Boge or any others, which are worth a damn.

Boge does make the single 2.3 ml hole as well as slotted carto's thing is they don't have the flange. This cart you don't adjust it after the tank is filled you either select the 2 1 ml holes or the single 2.3 ml hole and either way it has the flange

Boge XL Cartomizer's : VapeLite your source for Boge quality electronic cigarettes, Boge electronic cigarettes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread