Boge F16 Tank question before i order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The two are designed for each other, so yes they will work together.

I don't own a Boge F16 tank, so I can't comment on its performance or quality. However, did you read this?

• "For Best Results: Retain the included drip, as it is specifically designed for the (included) Boge F16 cartomizer. F16 (& F15) cartomizers have a slightly narrower tube diameter than other Boge Cartomizers, resulting in a poor fit with Non-Boge drip tips."

Reading that makes me wonder if the tank and cartos are proprietary to each other. Meaning, should you ever wish to try a different make of cartotank, the Boge F16 cartos may not work with it. Same holds true with the F16 cartos, what if you want to try a different cartomizer because you have poor results with the F16 carts. You're stuck with this "system".

Also, what battery device are you going to use with these? These are high resistance (high ohms) cartos meant to be used on a variable voltage battery system (Ego Twist, Vamo, Evic, etc). They may have disappointing results with a fixed or single voltage battery system.

Just some food for thought. :unsure:

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I have an f16, or should i say had an f16...lol. The tanks are prone to cracking, and yes for some weird reason the carto that came with it wouldnt accept all my drip tips. The o-rings didnt have much time to dry out, but it was insanely slippy before the tank died a horrible death to a relatively safe juice.

Imo, i'd put the $7 towards a pyrex premium from valley view vapes ~$15, or if you wanna spend a bit more get an IBTanked for around $25-30.

shizzz

Aug 12, 2013
United States
I have an f16, or should i say had an f16...lol. The tanks are prone to cracking, and yes for some weird reason the carto that came with it wouldnt accept all my drip tips. The o-rings didnt have much time to dry out, but it was insanely slippy before the tank died a horrible death to a relatively safe juice.

Imo, i'd put the $7 towards a pyrex premium from valley view vapes ~$15, or if you wanna spend a bit more get an IBTanked for around $25-30.

is this the one you are talking about? Premium Triple V PolyPro 3ml Tank

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I use the F-16's, have 3 of them. They work fine and like all cartos, some tips fit fine, some are a tick loose and some are tight.

Even the tight tips will fit and the nice thing is you will not accidentally pull the Tank off the carto.

As to performance - If you like Boges, you will like the F16. I prefer the LR 1.7ohm coils.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
is this the one you are talking about? Premium Triple V PolyPro 3ml Tank

Yes, those are the ones he was talking about. These use the shorter or standard size (35mm) Boge cartomizers.

tank lengths.jpg

Oxtail

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
SoCal
So my Boge F16 Pyrex v2 arrived yesterday. Another user reported that it no longer uses slightly thinner Boge cartos. I checked and the Smok cartos I got for my Smoke UDCT v2 also work in the Boge.

Now I'm afraid to buy Boge F16 cartos because I'm not sure if they've changed from the original F16 to the Pyrex v2. As long as the Smok cartos work in the F16 v2, I'm just going to buy those since I can use them in both the F16 v2 and the UDCT v2.

First post ever, so Hi everyone.
I just bought an f16 and some extra boge cartos to go with. I noticed that the cartomizer that comes inside the f16 has this little metal ridge near the threads and my spare ones do not, is this going to be a problem? Also I may have ordered small boge cartos if there is such a thing because they don't seem like they're going to be big enough to fit in the tank anyways.

Any advice would be much appreciated as this is my first experience with cartomizers.

Thanks,
Gord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread