Boge Fusion Punch DC 801 Tank Carto’s - Custom Built to Spec’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey All: I picked up a couple of these Boge Fusion Punch tank Carto’s. I’m currently in WashingtonState. I’m told they are built to Spec’s for some East Coast Buyer? Anyway, these are by far the Best tank Cartomizers I have acquired! Tons of Vapor and Great Throat Hit! They are Laser Cut with Low Ohm Dual coils, I can throw just about any Wattage at them with No Negative Results!

I don’t care for the 801 Connector having to use an adapter leaving that ugly void between the VV Device and the tank!

Does anyone have any experience with these or can offer any other info on them? Can they be had in a 510? How about with a flange or skirt?

Thanks
Skullman {:{}

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
OK, I see a few have checked out my post. But still no reply’s about them!?? I hit a few more Vape Stores up here in Washington and I’m not finding anything more about these Carto’s? The original place I got em from can only reinforce what they originally told me that these were built to some East Coast Customers Specific Specs and that there are no wholesale prices on them. They only can be had by getting them from the original purchaser whom had them made to his spec’s? At least he’s sharing them with us! I was told that there are a few other stores in the North West that owner of the store I got them from knows of that are purchasing them for their customers and that the original purchaser did have a run of them with 510 connector but everyone agreed they did Not Perform the same!?

Does anyone here on the Forum have experience with these beside me? I find it hard to believe No One Here on ECF has had some experience with these!

These Carto’s are so awesome! I picked up some New Juice at Vape O Rama in University Place, WA. Zack at the store had never heard of em either he checked out the one I had on my Vamo 5. These things just give Huge Clouds of Vapor, excellent Throat Hit and can take all the Wattage I can throw at em! But being an 801 with an 801 to 510 adapter just looks odd on your device! By the way, Vape O Rama is a Great Store with many eLiquid selections and many device options with a Very Good selection of High End Mods! I will be going back when I have a few more pennies in my pocket!

I brought out some of the Boge Flanged DC LR Cartomizers I have in reserve when I was changing out juice in three of my Tanks today. The Boge Fusion 801’s are a Huge difference in performance and how they work compared to my stock of Boge’s! Can’t even compare!! I even threw it on the SMOK ePipe Mod I purchased today from Vape O Rama and it was Clouds all over the place! It just doesn’t matter if I throw it on an eGo, VV Evod, Kanger K100, Vamo or an eVic at any watts or voltage it works awesome on it all! These Boge DC LR Fusion Punch Tank Carto’s are just plain Awesome! I wish I could find out more about them or if anyone else has had some expeirence with them!

Anyone?

Anyone?

Come on, I just can’t believe No One else here has had expeirence with these?

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I think I see where your confusion is.

You keep using the word Boge and Fusion to describe your carto. Boge does not make a carto named Fusion. Also Boge calls their prepunched cartos "prepunched" not "Punch".

What I think you have is an IKENVAPE carto. See Ikenvape.com.

Yes, Ikenvape cartos are made in limited custom runs for an East Coast Gentleman named Ken. They are considered by many to be the best cartos. They are only sold via the Ikenvape web site. Whomever you bought them from ordered them from Ken, at full price, then resold them.

They are available in either Fusion or Platinum series in both 808 and 510 configurations. They also have them in blank, laser punched, in 2 different diameters and also slotted.

I try to only use Ikenvape cartos, but they are often out of stock. You can register on the site to be alerted when they have the carto you want in stock. They also have their own thread here at ECF. I resort to Boge cartos when I can't get the Ikenvapes.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Bernie: Thanks for the reply! I’m definitely going to look into IKENVAPE! I was told these are Boge Fusion Carto’s. The Guy insists but then I just met him recently as I have frequented his establishment. He does seem very knowledgeable! A call to him tonight he backs up all that he previously told me!? Your post does sound right on with the East Coast Gentleman and all! There are no markings on the Carto’s themselves but on the plastic sleeve they are packaged in it is marked (801 LR Mega Fusion Punch) wish I would have noticed that sooner! On my Vamo 5 Resistance reads 2.1 ohms.

A Blackl search of (801 LR Mega Fusion Punch) turns up Ikanvape just like you said! Checking out their webpage I took a look at the 801’s and they do look just like the ones I acquired! Hmmmm!??

So Bernie, if you don’t mind could you give me Your Honest Opinion on the Ikenvape Carto’s? What resistance and why? What works best for You? Have you tried both 801 and 510 versions? Did you find a difference between them? I would really like to go with the 510 connector so esthetically it would be more appealing on my devices!

Looks like you have Cracked the Mystery!

Thanks

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
A quick Google search shows Boge Fusion cartos are available in 510...

Hey Steve: Yep, I've seen em but they aren't the same as these. I think Bernie has hit just right! I believe the vendor I got em from is just mistaken? The Ikenvape website has some great offerings I don't know why I have never checked them out before? I'm going to give them a try soon as the have them in stock!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Hey Bernie: Thanks for the reply! I’m definitely going to look into IKENVAPE! I was told these are Boge Fusion Carto’s. The Guy insists but then I just met him recently as I have frequented his establishment. He does seem very knowledgeable! A call to him tonight he backs up all that he previously told me!? Your post does sound right on with the East Coast Gentleman and all! There are no markings on the Carto’s themselves but on the plastic sleeve they are packaged in it is marked (801 LR Mega Fusion Punch) wish I would have noticed that sooner! On my Vamo 5 Resistance reads 2.1 ohms.

A Blackl search of (801 LR Mega Fusion Punch) turns up Ikanvape just like you said! Checking out their webpage I took a look at the 801’s and they do look just like the ones I acquired! Hmmmm!??

So Bernie, if you don’t mind could you give me Your Honest Opinion on the Ikenvape Carto’s? What resistance and why? What works best for You? Have you tried both 801 and 510 versions? Did you find a difference between them? I would really like to go with the 510 connector so esthetically it would be more appealing on my devices!

Looks like you have Cracked the Mystery!

Thanks

Glad to have been of some help.

And it is a shame that so many people that work in Vape stores are really not knowledgeable about much more than what they sell in their shop. I am amazed that almost none of the people in shops participate in any of the online forums. Their ignorance is troubling and sometimes dangerous

I can only give you some info about cartos and Ikenvape. I have been Vaping only a bit more than 4 months. For the definitive source on all things carto, search this forum for the name Baditude, and then look at his blogs. He has written, for me, the bible on cartos. I followed his advise and it has made it so much easier and enjoyable for me.

So, 801 vs 510?
The 801 form factor is an old standard threading that most devices used a few years ago. No new devices use 801threading anymore (that I know of). All new devices now use the 510 threading standard ( and ego threading additionally on some).

Some people claim that the Ikenvape 801Fusion cartos are better than the 510 Fusion cartos. Shrugs, I ignore them. Jeeze, do they still wind up their Mods?

You didn't post what mod or mods you use or what carto tanks you use, but I am going to assume your mod is 510 threaded, so YOU should probably just concern yourself with only the 510 cartos. The term MEGA. That Ikenvape uses just denotes the longer 45mm cartos. These are meant for longer/taller tanks. If it does not say Mega, it is the standard 35 mm length. They are all the same standard diameter.

I can not give you any firsthand info on the Fusion cartos, I have only used the Platinum series. Here is why. I prefer cartos with prepunched BIG holes or slotted ones. My OPINION is they wick the eLiquid better and hit better. ( Baditude prefers the Fusions with the prepunched small holes) As far as I can tell Ikenvape only offers those in the Platinum series. Ikenvape's stock fluctuates wildly and they are often out of stock, so when they have stock, they sellout FAST!

For more definitive answers check out the Ikenvape website.

As for which resistance to use, that is up to personal preference and what mod you are using.

I used to only get the LR (low resistance 1.8-2.0 ohm) cartos, but have switched to the SR (standard resistance 2.8-3.0 ohm) cartos. I find they taste better and put as much vapor as the LRs and they do that at a lower wattage than the LR.

The Ikenvapes I usually get are the
Platinum Mega SR Punch V2
Or the
Platinum Mega SR S series

Did I cover all your questions? Lol.

Read Baditude's blogs!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Thanks Bernie! I take ones own personal experience with products much more then what I may be told at by folks at a Vape Stop! But I am grateful I was turned onto these Carto’s and the information I have found since! Yep, Baditude is a solid guy and has helped me quite a bit! I got away from the Forum for some months. A tragedy in the family, a new grand child and now picking everything up and moving had taken over my life so free time to get on the Forum was not there. But now traveling around I find I have the time sitting here in my hotel room!

I’m mostly using Vamo 2’s & 5’s along with Evod & eGo VV Batteries for when I’m out and about. I had put my Tanks away because I was not satisfied with the Cartomizers. Flooding, Poor Performance and DOA’s are why. For a while now I have been using Kanger Protanks & Mini Protanks with very good results. I was a fan of the EMDCC, the 510 Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers but they also fell out of grace with me with too many DOA’s right out of the box and short life.

The way this New Fusion Cartomizer is performing has got me pulling my tanks out again! I don’t care for that space between the Carto & Device using the 801 to 510 adapter! Since I was told that the 510 versions don’t perform as well is one of the reasons I thought I would see what the folks here on the Forum had to say about them! I’m glad I did!

Checked out Ikenvape website and they are out of stock but I got on the mailing lists. Plus I see some other things I want to try! I’m always curious to what resistance others use and why! I’m still playing with resistance as I have gone Wattage on the Vamo’s.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread