The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

boge Leo maintinance

Discussion in 'The Leo' started by mgmrick, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fabsta

Fabsta Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Hi Leo fans.

Are any of you having wicking problems? I seem to be constantly doing the flick thing. Does any one know of Chinese suppliers that carry spare attys?

Thanks

2. Jackal3

Jackal3 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    If you vape the cartridge too dry the poly fill will begin to shrink. This causes a wicking problem. Simply pull the poly fill back to the top edge of the cartridge, refill and try again. I bet that solves your issue.

3. Fabsta

Fabsta Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Thanks Jackal3, I'll give it bash.

4. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I want to use leo atty for a bottom feed mod. I have read that the atty is sealed. If it was sealed how would juice get between atty and battery?

5. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    The Leo has 3 holes on the bottom, the center hole and 2 holes off to the side. The center hole is sealed. However the two holes off the side of the center hole are where juice drips out if the atomizer is over filled. The juice will then drip down into a special well blocked off by a high wall of sorts that surrounds the battery center hole... like a moat around a castle.

6. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    hey gang, we got us our own Leo sub forum now:

The Leo

7. monsterkitty

monsterkitty Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2010
    southwest
    is the purpose of the dry burn just to evaporate all the water droplets? if it is, then i wouldn't want to risk it. i would think letting it sit for a day or two would dry the whole thing out. i've read that the dry burn can be tricky and it is easy to pop the atomizer if you are not careful. i'm clumsy as it is, lol.

8. webbcm127

webbcm127 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    so i tried this and i still have very little vapor production, i followed your steps and i let it sit out drying for bout a day in a halfe with no luck when i try to dry burn i cant get it to glow at all, ive done the dry burn thing with other attys and get the glow but not this one....should i try to reclean it this way, should i try to boil it any ideas would be much appreciative, TIA for any info or suggestions!-)

9. Mobius_13

Mobius_13 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2010
    Hanover, PA
    Do you hear it sizzle at all? If you do I would assume it is not dead. Maybe it just isn't dry all the way inside. I know I had a hell of a time getting mine to light up attempting a dry burn. Had it sitting out for about a day. I ended up using a hair dryer and get rid of the remaining moisture.

10. webbcm127

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    yeah i can hear it sizzle and today i boiled it but maybe ill try the hair dryer her a lil later and report back tomarrow, i dont have a spare atty yet so i was hoping to get this one back in working order asap but looks like it will be a few more trials and errors lol, thanks for the idea

11. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    I've used an air compressor to blow out the water after cleaning. It works pretty well. No matter what you have to drip 1-2 drops of juice in there before dry burning (not quite dry then, i know). Still, you want the water out and the juice in. Some of my atomizers took 15 minutes or more use before coming back full strength.

12. webbcm127

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    yeah i droped a few drops onto the atty both times with no luck and aftethe first one i went through a full bat life with no luck in the am im gunna try the hair dryer thing and maybe you air compressor trick and see if one of those work out for me, hopefully they do thanks for your input!-)

13. jtpjc

jtpjc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    I let them dry for a day on a central heating radiator. Then I drip four or five drops of eliquid in the atomizer and start vaping. It takes me something like half an hour to an hour to get it fully functional again.

14. webbcm127

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    yeah im used to it taking about an hour before its "new" again but 9 hours seems a lil over board. i check the resistance without load and i was read close to 4 ohms, does that seem really high to anyone else...cant figure out how to test it under load, off to the hair dryer...lol

15. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    4 Ohms does seem high. How did you clean it? Alcohol with hot water rinse, then dry time?

16. Jackal3

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    BTW: I use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol for the cleaning (when really hot tap water doesn't cut it).

17. webbcm127

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    i followed your guidlines for the first time i let it soak in 91% alcohol for 2hours then ran hot tap water for about 5 mins and let it dry for about a day in a half. no luck there, next i tried to boil it let it dry for a few hours with excessive blowing out.....no luck i tried the hair dryer thing....no luch and just got done with the air compressor...no luck, outta ideas yet lol? i dont mind getting a new one but would love to get this one working good again for the time being, thanks everyone for your input

18. Mobius_13

Mobius_13 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2010
    Hanover, PA
    I've heard of people sticking them in the oven. Sounds a little excessive, but sounds like you tried everything else, lol. I'd just let it go for a few days if you have a spare you can use.

19. webbcm127

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    wow really the oven...what 500 degrees for 5 mins or somthin like that....kinda worries me a bit but am intreasted to hear how its done!-)

20. Zen~

Zen~ Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    I've given up on the Leo Atty... I've had a few of them apart and it's basically an 801 Atty in a proprietary shell... The wicking problems people are having is caused by a design flaw that cannot easilly be addressed.

I've been modding them, putting 510 connectors down inside the shell, then I screw a CE2 mega clearomizer into it, in the 2.4-2.6 ohm range... the Leo COMES TO LIFE with this combination! It's a really outstanding vape once I finally called it quits on trying to fix the issues with the stock atty. I've come to the conclusion that the ones that work well are the exception, not the rule. When I mod another one, I'll do a tutorial on the method. It's well worth doing.

EDIT: I just found out that Cisco has started making adapters that do the same thing as my mod, so I'm not going to post a tutorial, you can just buy one and have the same function without all the bother.

http://www.avidvaper.com/products/Leo-To-510-Adapter.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.