Not open for further replies.

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
Well so far, oh yeah hi I'm new..

I've use exclusively the smoktech 1.5 ohm cartons in 3.5 and 5 ml tanks on top of my smoktech BOLT..

But being that I have a provari coming this week, I ordered (good lord) everything from clearomizers to 3 ohm cartomizers.

I have found that the smoktech Cartos flood with thinner liquids, and the poly fill is a drag, (pun intended) after extensive vaping with sweeter juices. (vermillion river butter rum.. Yummy)

So I'm moving towards a ceramic element wicking tank system. And a more reliable MOD..

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Boges, no contest. While the flavor is almost identical, the filler used in the Smoktecks is packed much looser which is why they leak through the connector hole so badly. I also tried the Kangers but did not like them at all. No matter what I try, I always end up going back to Boges. Hopefully the upcoming atty tanks will work well and put an end to having to use filler of any kind.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I use both Smoktech 1.7 ohm and 2.0 ohm LR XL cartos in stainless steel. These are superb LR cartomizers. Dry fill on these is 50-60 drops of 70/30 PG/VG juice from a 30 ml dropper bottle.

The only way these cartos drip from the 510 end is if you overfill them. Any carto can be overfilled regardless of brand.

In seven months of use I've never had a Smoktech carto leak or overflow into the APV's 510 connector.

Smoktech LR XL cartos hold just under 2.0 ml of juice. I vape off 1 ml of juice before refilling to keep them from burning. Two to three of these is all I need for the day. Good for 10-14 refills before replacement.

Most like the stronger hit of the Smoktech 1.7 LR XL. The 2.0 LR XL is my favorite for it's slightly cooler hit with my favorite juices. The battery lasts noticeably longer with 2.0 ohm as well.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I have both Boge and Smok Tech, and I strongly prefer the Smok Tech cartomizers. I think that the flavor and throat hit is superior with the smok tech, but this could be because my Smok Tech is 1.7 ohms and the Boge is 2.0 ohms.

Me too - the 2.0 BOGES are less expensive and I have a big pile of them; great for flavors I'm trying out or only want to vape occasionally....but I get a better hit and much longer-lasting performance from my 1.7 ohm Smoktech "Resurrectors." Haven't had a leaky one yet, cross fingers.
I use a KGO.

Ping101

May 25, 2012
Marseille, France
Smoktech carto's are nice but quality is so NOT reliable!
On a 5 pack you may have 1 to 3 carto's that do not exceed 2 to 4 days of vape.
Either they leak, get flooded, burn.
I only get pre-punched ones and as PBusardo says " THE HOLE IS TOO SMALL".
But here in europe, it is so hard to find anything else better than smoktech... (subliminal message to suppliers).

Without even having the chance to try the Boge I know they must be better.
Smoktech are cheap: period.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Smoktech carto's are nice but quality is so NOT reliable!
On a 5 pack you may have 1 to 3 carto's that do not exceed 2 to 4 days of vape.
Either they leak, get flooded, burn.
I only get pre-punched ones and as PBusardo says " THE HOLE IS TOO SMALL".
But here in europe, it is so hard to find anything else better than smoktech... (subliminal message to suppliers).

Without even having the chance to try the Boge I know they must be better.
Smoktech are cheap: period.
Having used Smoktech LR single coils since November I can honestly say that only one carto has lasted me only two or three days. That was one that I burned early on. Box after box, every one lasts 10-14 days. Maybe I'm getting better quality Smoktech product than you.

To tell you the truth I have no way of knowing if my cartos are Smoktech or not. There is no label identifying the brand on the package or the product.

smk20XLn.jpg

Anyway, I have a lurking suspicion that both Smoktech and Boge cartomizers come off the same assembly line in Shenzhen, China. :lol:

OK, any Boge users out there able to post a similar photo?

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Kay... Does this mean if I use Boge's rather than smok tech's I won't have that drop of liquid on the pin on my Provari when I unscrew the tank? I have been using smok techs and this is the only problem I have found so now I am curious if boge's would do it too?
I've tried both...BOGE! The Smoktechs I've tried leaked from the get go! I won't be buying them anymore.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
yzer, yours are indeed Smokteck and, no, they don't come off the same assembly line. If they do, the girls on the Smokteck side are cheaping out with the filler!!!!
The photo above shows Smoktech 2.0 ohm LR XL purchased two weeks ago. The photo below shows the same cartos purchased in December 2011. The only difference between the two is an additional sticker on the newer box. The filler material is exactly the same, as is the vaping quality.

smk20XL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread